2 hours ago, Darius said:

Classy move here by Keefe going on twitter with a message:

Next on Sheldon's To-Do list is go to the movies:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.10d5ca2030af6289ac2107aed7073dc1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

No matter how good a coach is at any given time, they aren't likely to be coaching there for long 

Franchises are more seemingly more willing to can coaches than ever

Am I the only one who had to google to find out who Andre Tourigny was?

3 hours ago, gwarrior said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So, Toronto loses AGAIN, dosen't change any of the core and fires another coach. Ok.

#1: That core is almost impossible to move because of cap, term, and clauses.

#2: They are definitely going to force a trade anyway.  Based off the interviews I think Marner has accepted his fate and will waive his NMC.

I’m happy for him. He needs to take some time to take care of himself and hopefully end up in the market that isn’t such a pressure cooker. He looks like a totally different person from when he took the job in Toronto

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

#1: That core is almost impossible to move because of cap, term, and clauses.

#2: They are definitely going to force a trade anyway.  Based off the interviews I think Marner has accepted his fate and will waive his NMC.

After another early exit, I'd want to get the hell outta there too. We think the media here is bad.........

12 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

After another early exit, I'd want to get the hell outta there too. We think the media here is bad.........

No he just gets the situation he is in and placed himself in.  Marner's a hometown guy who grew up a Leafs fan and now he's about to get chased off the team.

I'm sympathetic to an extent to anyone who wants to play for their home team and eventually has to leave, no matter the circumstances.  Sometimes it just isn't meant to be.  I think this series loss was the final straw for this core.  Now it's time to re-tool.

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

Something like Marner to SEA for Larsson and Bjorkstrand would be a good start.

They need a defensive anchor like Larsson to settle down their D core.  No idea how they acquire a top tier goalie though.

I wonder if Ryan Pulock would consider trading his NTC for Toronto. A Marner for Pulock (plus some additional salary) swap could benefit both teams. Pulock would probably be a really good partner for Morgan Rielly and Marner would give a huge offense boost to the Islanders.

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

No he just gets the situation he is in and placed himself in.  Marner's a hometown guy who grew up a Leafs fan and now he's about to get chased off the team.

I'm sympathetic to an extent to anyone who wants to play for their home team and eventually has to leave, no matter the circumstances.  Sometimes it just isn't meant to be.  I think this series loss was the final straw for this core.  Now it's time to re-tool.

Marner will be really good on a new club. Imagine him with Petey! 

4 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I don't think he's getting chased off the team.  He didn't have a great season and had a worse playoffs.  He's getting paid $11 million.  Vancouver fans are being just as critical about Petey right now.  But Petey isn't technically getting paid $11 million yet.  Plus, Petey is actually contributing defensively in the playoffs, is a centre who is over 50% in the dot and seems to be doing more than Marner.

Marner is way overpaid as a winger IMO.  He's not in the same stratosphere as Kucherov, Pastrnak, Panarin or even Rantanen.  Even Nylander is a better overall player than Marner IMO.  

Marner will definitely want to get out of TO now.  He's pretty much a goner anyways next summer as Toronto will need to use that cap space to get a goalie and improve the defence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think he's getting chased off the team.  He didn't have a great season and had a worse playoffs.  He's getting paid $11 million.  Vancouver fans are being just as critical about Petey right now.  But Petey isn't technically getting paid $11 million yet.  Plus, Petey is actually contributing defensively in the playoffs, is a centre who is over 50% in the dot and seems to be doing more than Marner.

Marner is way overpaid as a winger IMO.  He's not in the same stratosphere as Kucherov, Pastrnak, Panarin or even Rantanen.  Even Nylander is a better overall player than Marner IMO.  

Marner will definitely want to get out of TO now.  He's pretty much a goner anyways next summer as Toronto will need to use that cap space to get a goalie and improve the defence.

I think Marner is resigned to his fate.  He realizes the situation Toronto is in, as well as him playing like complete shit in the playoffs.  He knows he's gone and he expressed his sadness to it.  As someone who grew up in Toronto his whole life and got drafted by his hometown club, it must be unsettling for Marner to have to brace himself for a move.

That's all I'm saying.  Marner is probably going to be moved this summer.  And I'm sympathetic to the anxiety he must be feeling.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Marner out, defence in. They might be worth a damn next year. Will be interesting to see which way they go with coaching though.

They should go hard after Craig Berube.  He is the best choice out there, played a few games for Toronto back in the day, and has already won a cup with St. Louis.  

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I think Marner is resigned to his fate.  He realizes the situation Toronto is in, as well as him playing like complete shit in the playoffs.  He knows he's gone and he expressed his sadness to it.  As someone who grew up in Toronto his whole life and got drafted by his hometown club, it must be unsettling for Marner to have to brace himself for a move.

That's all I'm saying.  Marner is probably going to be moved this summer.  And I'm sympathetic to the anxiety he must be feeling.

True, but he had the hometown experience. Freed from the pressure that brings he might just be a beast for a team like Pittsburgh.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They should go hard after Craig Berube.  He is the best choice out there, played a few games for Toronto back in the day, and has already won a cup with St. Louis.  

Wish Buffalo went after Berube. Cozens publicly said they need a sterner message in the locker room. Berube sort of brings that. I guess so does Lindy, but I think he's getting to the point of being too old for this generation. But we'll see. Toronto should go after him too. Again, adding a responsible tough mind should help toughen up that team. Choking all these first rounds has to be some kind of mental hurdle they can't get over. I think teams are looking at Vancouver and Philly and realizing tough two way minded coaches are in vogue right now. Philly by all rights should have been a Celebrini team, especially with their goaltending situation. Torts is a magician no matter what folks say about him.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

He could always Luke Schenn it too. Goodbye for now but not forever.

Sometimes playing in your hometown is bad for guys, I do think it's a part of why Virtanen went sideways.

I'm guessing, but I bet the guys that experience this mid or late career handle it better.

• Like 1