Leafs Fire Sheldon Keefe

1 minute ago, Rush said:

He might be the JT Miller type. Might need to get traded to a new org to get his stuff together lol. He's been treated like the golden boy in TOR. That's nice and all but you have to burn to win. He clearly doesnt. If he did he would be more vocal about what the team needs to management. He's a passenger 100% trusting the org. remove shanny maybe he gets the courage to speak up.

As I was typing that, that thought crossed my mind as well.

I noticed very clearly that the Leafs without no 34 appeared to be a very blue collar hard working group...we have JT but 34 is a different guy....and it all started with the pants being dropped in Arizona that fateful evening.

• Haha 2

Seems to be a recurring theme in Toronto. The same shit is going on with the Blue Jays. Assemble a semi decent roster and just keep firing managers while upper management never finishes the job of building a championship roster.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

IMO, the guy that really should walk the plank is Shanny....

....and whoever else it was that thought it was a good idea to assemble such a top heavy lineup....

Shanahan should have been axed years ago, don't know how he still has a job

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

2/3rds of the board buy into Shanaplan. Hoping this is a wake up call.

I have a feeling Keefe won't be out of a job for very long.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

2/3rds of the board buy into Shanaplan. Hoping this is a wake up call.

I have a feeling Keefe won't be out of a job for very long.

He'll probably end up in Pittsburgh 

Shanahan will he on the block sooner than later if they continue to fumble things I'd imagine

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Darius said:

Classy move here by Keefe going on twitter with a message:

Did he make some head scratching decisions. Yes.

But did he do everything he could to get the guys to win? I would also say yes.

Classy post from a classy guy.

They need to fire Shanny and rebuild the team. As Dangle put it. "The mix isn't right...."

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the coach is NOT the problem!

Game seven OT loss, not their usual kind of loss, or a collapse even given Boston had the series lead

Their roster is flawed 

• Like 1

No matter how good a coach is at any given time, they aren't likely to be coaching there for long 

Franchises are more seemingly more willing to can coaches than ever

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So, Toronto loses AGAIN, dosen't change any of the core and fires another coach. Ok.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If you get rid of Shanahan, you also have to replace the catchy "Shannaplan", and that is just too much.

Edited by c00kies

1 minute ago, c00kies said:

If you get rid of Shanahan, you also have to replace the catchy "Shannaplan", and that is just too much.

True, but he's been on the job for ten years now and the Leafs have a single second round win to their name 

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Classy move here by Keefe going on twitter with a message:

Yeah that was a super classy goodbye. I think he took more than his fair share of the blame here than he deserves. Honestly, if they'd somehow acquired just an elite goalie during his tenure, they likely would have had some longer playoff runs.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

True, but he's been on the job for ten years now and the Leafs have a single second round win to their name 

Yeah, it made me appreciate Vancouver's struggles when we would bow out in the 2nd round before our 2011 run. I remember always feeling like we would win at least round 1, probably due to our team defense and goaltending, but also favourable matchups (Toronto has gotten unlucky with the new system).

Toronto needs a bit of an overhaul, at least shake the core up by trading 1-2 pieces to balance out the team and help fix the energy.

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

but that year they finished last was so epic, huge celebrations for the PLAN  lolololol

15 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Yeah, it made me appreciate Vancouver's struggles when we would bow out in the 2nd round before our 2011 run. I remember always feeling like we would win at least round 1, probably due to our team defense and goaltending, but also favourable matchups (Toronto has gotten unlucky with the new system).

Toronto needs a bit of an overhaul, at least shake the core up by trading 1-2 pieces to balance out the team and help fix the energy.

If they're smart they'll trade Marner and let Tavares walk when his deal is up (unless he takes a very team friendly deal)

Being top heavy hasn't worked for them 

5 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

but that year they finished last was so epic, huge celebrations for the PLAN  lolololol

They won Matthews and they've had so much success with him, and by success I mean regular season success