[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Seems to me like Meyers always starts playing awesome when it matters most.

Said this when we got him, and also said it in the bubble - the guys got the "IT" factor.  You know it when you see it.   He's got the IT factor.    Gets way more grief than he should.    When Byfuglien went down/Trouba he was there for them.    It takes a village.   This guys got way, way too much flak from this fanbase.  So did Edler before him so 😛.  It seems to be what happens, goes from one guy to the next.    You need size, and he provides that.  3 coaches now like him doing the same things.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 4

47 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ever since I remember, I have considered the Oilers to be somewhat on the arrogant side. It's like they consider the Canucks at a lesser level then themselves.

I suppose they've forgotten how the got there best players. They sucked and got some high picks a few years back.

I generally find their fans so smug and arrogant - of course we have our share of terrible fans on social media too.  I think their fans and media are so duped by the two man show (well 3 if you include the Anson Carterish performance of Hyman) that they are blind to the fact that their bottom 2 lines are arguably the worst of the remaining teams, their starting goalie is arguably the worst, and that bottom pair of Ceci/Nurse gets caved in under pressure - from what I have seen arguably the worst pair left in the playoffs.  Let them have delusions of grandeur while concentrating on "The 2 Best Players in the World" .  If those 2 guys dont go nuclear they have no hope at winning anything.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Said this when we got him, and also said it in the bubble - the guys got the "IT" factor.  You know it when you see it.   He's got the IT factor.    Gets way more grief than he should. 

True. I don't think it can be understated though, just how good the assistant coaches have been to the D. From Baumgartner to these guys, just wow.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rekker said:

True. I don't think it can be understated though, just how good the assistant coaches have been to the D. From Baumgartner to these guys, just wow.

I like your posts Rekker,  and think that they've helped somewhat, you know what's helped more though?  A way better defense. 

Edit:  This is the first time in a decade, ever iced a legit 6 man D-core.   With a legit 6 in Juulsen too.   It for sure makes a difference.   We suffered through the Edler Tanev era horribly.   It wasn't a lot of fun.    A lot of 6-7 d's in that era.   Not much help. 

Allvin gets a massive huge thank you very much from me for that. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I like your posts Rekker,  and think that they've helped somewhat, you know what's helped more though?  A way better defense. 

I will drink to that Batch!!

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Said this when we got him, and also said it in the bubble - the guys got the "IT" factor.  You know it when you see it.   He's got the IT factor.    Gets way more grief than he should.    When Byfuglien went down/Trouba he was there for them.    It takes a village.   This guys got way, way too much flak from this fanbase.  So did Edler before him so 😛.  It seems to be what happens, goes from one guy to the next.    You need size, and he provides that.  3 coaches now like him doing the same things.   

I thought he was quite an adventure under the previous coaches and even at the beginning of the year. They've been working with him though and he's really settled in. Good for him.

Crazy how physical the Canucks D played.   Weren’t chasing hits but landed some big ones.  Really hope they can keep it up.

Said it in the NSH series but big Z should be wearing an A for this team (next year).  In a lot of ways he is like our Chara leading the wolf pack.

• Like 3