[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

Posted (edited)

Do you know what’s weird? I haven’t  yelled tyler Myers’s name in a while.

somethings off

Edited by Grinch
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 2

23 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Anyone buying that it's only cramps with Draisatel? Not me.

I'm not sure what the wiener emoji is for.    But it seemed like the right response. 

• Haha 3
  • Wiener 1

Game 2 will be a tighter checking affair.

I fully expect Skinner to play much better, and same for McDavid.

However, I also expect Silovs will also bounce back from a nervous Game 1, and I believe Petey will hit the scoreboard.

Something like a 2-1 or 3-2 game IMO.

• Cheers 1

Did I hear correctly on TSN Overdrive that Draisaitl has missed practice and may not play tomorrow? Heard Sam Gagner may be filling in if he doesn't play. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

So they keep making excuses.   But did acknowledge that they had "one" good scoring chance against us.   And four high danger shots.    Most of this was Oiler love blowing each other really.   When are we going to get some respect?   A Stanley Cup?!!

Let's just lay low and keep winning.  I know what you're saying though.  When the Avs came back and beat Dallas, it was that Mackinnon and Makar lead the way to the amazing comeback.  When the Canucks do it, it's "the Oilers collapse lead to Canucks narrow victory".

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Nucker67 said:

Did I hear correctly on TSN Overdrive that Draisaitl has missed practice and may not play tomorrow? Heard Sam Gagner may be filling in if he doesn't play. 

Like I posted in another thread, it just evens the playing field.  We're missing our Vezina caliber goaltender.  Only fair they are missing one of either McDavid or Draisatl.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

So they keep making excuses.   But did acknowledge that they had "one" good scoring chance against us.   And four high danger shots.    Most of this was Oiler love blowing each other really.   When are we going to get some respect?   A Stanley Cup?!!

Ever since I remember, I have considered the Oilers to be somewhat on the arrogant side. It's like they consider the Canucks at a lesser level then themselves.

I suppose they've forgotten how the got there best players. They sucked and got some high picks a few years back.

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ever since I remember, I have considered the Oilers to be somewhat on the arrogant side. It's like they consider the Canucks at a lesser level then themselves.

I suppose they've forgotten how the got there best players. They sucked and got some high picks a few years back.

Them and most like LA "a team like that"

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Game 2 will be a tighter checking affair.

I fully expect Skinner to play much better, and same for McDavid.

However, I also expect Silovs will also bounce back from a nervous Game 1, and I believe Petey will hit the scoreboard.

Something like a 2-1 or 3-2 game IMO.

It's hockey who the heck knows.  That said screw the Oilers.   This is our time.  And well that's about it other than the 90's ruled, the 2000's were meh, and Lidstrom is a chump.

My heart says we can win a cup.  

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Let’s not get too crazy. 
Both teams looked rusty especially them. 
both goalies let in some stinkers. 
Drais looks like playing on one leg. 
Guys need to keep taking them seriously and keep putting pressure on them. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Let’s not get too crazy. 
Both teams looked rusty especially them. 
both goalies let in some stinkers. 
Drais looks like playing on one leg. 
Guys need to keep taking them seriously and keep putting pressure on them. 

Second round so it's ok to get a bit of a head of steam.   Get it but it's the team that needs to keep a level head not us.   Been awhile since we actually made the second round.    Let's go a little crazy! 

Edit:  We can do this.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

I love our defense. Zadorov, Myers and Soucy are beasts, Hughes and Hronek provide the razzle dazzle and offense.

Is it possible that the Canucks play such a good D game and limit other teams so much, that they could win these games with Silovs in net the whole way? They only gave EDM 15 shots last night. (4 goals against is a bit concerning, though)

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I love our defense. Zadorov, Myers and Soucy are beasts, Hughes and Hronek provide the razzle dazzle and offense.

Is it possible that the Canucks play such a good D game and limit other teams so much, that they could win these games with Silovs in net the whole way? They only gave EDM 15 shots last night. (4 goals against is a bit concerning, though)

We don't have Demko so that's worrisome.    That said we do have De-Smith who did pretty good against them twice.  

Edited by IBatch

24 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

2010- #1 overall (Hall)

2011-#1 overall (RNH)

2012-#1 overall (Yakupov)

2013-#7 overall (Nurse)

2014-#3 overall (Drai)

2015-#1 overall (McWhiner)

2016-#4 overall (Puljui)

2018-#10 overall (Buchard)

All these high picks and still nothing ....

• ThereItIs 2

44 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Like I posted in another thread, it just evens the playing field.  We're missing our Vezina caliber goaltender.  Only fair they are missing one of either McDavid or Draisatl.

Fair would be Ryan Whitney.   Sobering up i've heard: Drunk Bad Santa GIF by Sky

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Do you know what’s weird? I haven’t  yelled tyler Myers’s name in a while.

somethings off

Seems to me like Meyers always starts playing awesome when it matters most.