Andrei Kuzmenko | #96 | LW

-AJ-

I'm calling it now. Kuzmenko is gonna keep his shooting percentage over 20% for this upcoming season. Many think it's unrealistic for Kuzy to keep up his insanely high shooting percentage from last season but I think he will still have it above 20%. The only reason I see it dropping a little from last year is because I think he will try to shoot more often this season. Kuzmenko actually increased his shooting % as the season went on last year.

Last year before the all-star break Kuzmenko had a 24.7 shooting %. After the all-star break he actually increased it to 31% !!!

2 hours ago, boziffous said:

I'm calling it now. Kuzmenko is gonna keep his shooting percentage over 20% for this upcoming season. Many think it's unrealistic for Kuzy to keep up his insanely high shooting percentage from last season but I think he will still have it above 20%. The only reason I see it dropping a little from last year is because I think he will try to shoot more often this season. Kuzmenko actually increased his shooting % as the season went on last year.

Last year before the all-star break Kuzmenko had a 24.7 shooting %. After the all-star break he actually increased it to 31% !!!

I could maybe see a hair above 20%, but apparently in the KHL, he was a more normal 13% or something. My guess is he'll probably be like 16%, but shoot like 60% more shots. That'll still mean less goals, but his production will be more repeatable at those levels.

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's astonishing how quickly he's picked up the language. Ovie took like 5 years to get to that level haha.

Sounds like he was saying that for his own preferences, Petey is his top choice of centreman to play with, not that Elias is actually the best overall, which is fair.

I hope he is able to follow up with a respectable campaign this year, I’m seeing so many doubt him because of the shooting percentage.

If he can increase his total shots and still pot 35+, I’d say that’s a great year. This guy can absolutely be a 40 goal scorer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I wouldn't say he's playing poorly, but Kuzy hasn't quite been as dynamic lately as we know he can be. Hoping he steps it up again soon.

Tocchet needs to settle down with Kuz. I know he needs to work on his D play, but the guy looks off because he's afraid to make a mistake. He can improve the D side, but it will take time. See our scoring lately? Most scorers cheat a little here and there.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Tocchet needs to settle down with Kuz. I know he needs to work on his D play, but the guy looks off because he's afraid to make a mistake. He can improve the D side, but it will take time. See our scoring lately? Most scorers cheat a little here and there.

I've heard Tocchet comment how how he wants Kuz to still play his creative game, but I do wonder if maybe behind closed doors at practice, the structure is getting to him. I'm not too concerned, as 2 points in 4 games isn't horrible. If he gets two points tomorrow, then we're at 4 in 5 games and all is well again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I wouldn't say he's playing poorly, but Kuzy hasn't quite been as dynamic lately as we know he can be. Hoping he steps it up again soon.

Ya. We need to be playing better and draw some more PP's. That's where Kuz shines.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I've heard Tocchet comment how how he wants Kuz to still play his creative game, but I do wonder if maybe behind closed doors at practice, the structure is getting to him. I'm not too concerned, as 2 points in 4 games isn't horrible. If he gets two points tomorrow, then we're at 4 in 5 games and all is well again.

Ya. He needs more PP time too. Team needs to draw more PP's.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Yah... Something to watch though... Kuzy from the outside doesn't appears to be a Tocc type if player.  

Apparently he's a bit under the weather so I'll cut him some slack.

I like Kuz best when he's in his element - enjoying the hell out of playing the game. If the mental game starts catching up with him and he is overthinking things it won't be good. Just let him do his thing.