[Waivers] October 8, 2023

Lafferty replaces Studnicka I guess? I figured Joshua and Aman would take the spots, but I guess they want Joshua/Aman to fight to avoid being the 13th forward.

Also a bit concerned that Wolanin will be claimed. Not really a fan of keeping Juulsen and Brisebois with the NHL club. Wolanin is considerably better IMO.

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Bogosian could be had for the same cap hit if they’re leaning veteran. 

You’d have to think if we were ever going to move, it’d be now.

We had Irwin. Imo, Bogosian isn't a big enough upgrade over him. DC is young enough he could still grow with the team 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

We had Irwin. Imo, Bogosian isn't a big enough upgrade over him. DC is young enough he could still grow with the team 

Irwin’s a lefty but I agree Coughlan absolutely has the upside.  Both coming from very good teams is a plus as well.  

I’d be happy with either - but would have also been excited with Pachal or Bernard-Docker too.

Sure seems like we need to just put in a damn claim already. If RD gets thin this year Allvin’s going to hear about it despite an overall very good offseason.

• Cheers 1

I think we stand pat at this point, might have preferred Bjork to Coughlan myself but it seems the Canucks are ok with who we have. Wolanin's going down, but Hirose is coming back up. That could partly be for cap implications, but it doesn't signal us planning on another move using waivers.

33 minutes ago, Billabong said:

I like bogosian to bring in some more “winning pedigree”

adds depth, place holder for bear, only 850k and UFA at end of the year

He’ll drop the mitts and could be “schenn 2.0” 

There was such high hope for him at one time now I wouldn't be surprised if he clears and I doubt he ever plays a full season again

Edited by Ryan Strome

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

Who beat Coghlan out of a job in Carolina? Wasn’t he a regular and a promising player for them?

They added Orlov and DeAngelo this summer to Slavin, Burns, Skej, Pesce, Jones and Chatfield....

Probably the deepest D core in the league (and a solid D prospect pool too).

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1