Tyler Myers | #57 | RD

-AJ-

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Kinda reminds me of Edler stats. I think it all depends on who the defensive coaches play him with. If you give him a partner he can trust to cover a 2 on 1 Myers will be great offensively.

Only difference is Edler could put up some points during his better years.

Both Meyers and Juulson were caught pinching against Philly. Meyers resorted to throwing pucks to opposing players and was being beaten to the outside. Trading Garland for RD help can't happen soon enough. I am sure Meyers would be gone as well if there was a deal to be had.

As a side note OEL is playing 25 minutes of TOI so far this year and is a + player. Go figure? Makes me worry about what Rathbone will do. All that aside RT and coaches seem to have a good grasp on what has to develop.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Both Meyers and Juulson were caught pinching against Philly. Meyers resorted to throwing pucks to opposing players and was being beaten to the outside. Trading Garland for RD help can't happen soon enough. I am sure Meyers would be gone as well if there was a deal to be had.

As a side note OEL is playing 25 minutes of TOI so far this year and is a + player. Go figure? Makes me worry about what Rathbone will do. All that aside RT and coaches seem to have a good grasp on what has to develop.

OEL's rejuvenation was kinda inevitable i think - @AnthonyG got flamed hard for posting very detailed analytics showing that Myers was the problem on the OEL-Myers pair

we need another top-4 RD yet again

• Like 1

Tyler Myers inches closer to the top 100 in all-time Canuck scoring with his shorthanded goal tonight.  Now time to swear a blue streak in the PGT.

image.png.c2b0c529230ff8ac783462bb0a49e304.png

Edit:  3 of Myers 16 goals have been shorthanded, crazy

Edited by Wilbur
  • Like 1

I'm really happy he's redeemed himself lately, I like him. He's got so much potential and we're seeing how he can be an asset rather than a liability.

I imagine the coaches have a lot to do with this. 

Well done, Myers. 

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm really happy he's redeemed himself lately, I like him. He's got so much potential and we're seeing how he can be an asset rather than a liability.

I imagine the coaches have a lot to do with this. 

Well done, Myers. 

Credit where credit is due, he’s been good the last couple of games. Good to see. 

• Cheers 1

All jokes aside, 1-2M for a year or two as a bottom pairing guy wouldn't be too bad, but we'll have to look at who's out there available in free agency.

2 goals, 2 assists for 4 points in 8 games and a +2 playing just 16 minutes a night. Not bad at all.

Makes me wonder how good OEL would have been under this new system.

Myers had a decent game against the Preds. TOI of about 20 minutes. RT had the d-core TOI spread nicely.

Is it me or is Myers a tad more physical? If he worked on this side of his game a bit more he would be a huge force on the backend. With a better PK Meyers can be more physical if needed.