Tyler Myers | #57 | RD

-AJ-

Myers on pace for his highest scoring season as a Canuck. Currently on pace for 7 goals, 32 assists, 39 points. Always be wary of stats in contract years as a predictor of future production, but it's nice to see nonetheless.

• Vintage 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:26 PM, The Lock said:

I'd say it depends on what contract he'd be willing to take on. He's 33 right now so he might come cheap as we know how much he cares about location compared with family.

You do mean, regarding his family, right? Yea. I think that's what you mean.

I don't recall when or where, but I seem to remember viewing a piece on TV or online of Myers having a place in Kelowna, him loving it there, and his family settling there. He loves being here in B.C. He wouldn't be the first Canuck to say to make that statement!

I'd love to have him here. Though his age and such don't coincide with JR's plan of getting more youthful, he does factor in that he's a RHD with size who in the short term can help the cause of playoff success. More size and braun is good for playoff hockey!

Truth be told, why would he sign here at a reduced rate when another contending team would pay more than we're willing to?!?!?!?!?? At the end of it all, it's Myer's choice to weigh out the pros and cons of his next contract with regard to his family and such.

There's a chance, and if we're fortunate enough, that he's be traded as a rental at deadline for relevant/substantial players to in return. If such were to happen, there'd be a chance we could resign him for his services next season. Much like the scenario with Schenn  last year; though he signed with someone else. If Myers gets mo' money from another team and he deems it worthwhile, then why not. At his age it'd be to his advantage as far as family goes.......uhhh...I'm rambling.......

In short, yea! He's useful. Let's keep him if we can!

Go Canucks Go!

2 hours ago, Sativika said:

You do mean, regarding his family, right? Yea. I think that's what you mean.

I don't recall when or where, but I seem to remember viewing a piece on TV or online of Myers having a place in Kelowna, him loving it there, and his family settling there. He loves being here in B.C. He wouldn't be the first Canuck to say to make that statement!

I'd love to have him here. Though his age and such don't coincide with JR's plan of getting more youthful, he does factor in that he's a RHD with size who in the short term can help the cause of playoff success. More size and braun is good for playoff hockey!

Truth be told, why would he sign here at a reduced rate when another contending team would pay more than we're willing to?!?!?!?!?? At the end of it all, it's Myer's choice to weigh out the pros and cons of his next contract with regard to his family and such.

There's a chance, and if we're fortunate enough, that he's be traded as a rental at deadline for relevant/substantial players to in return. If such were to happen, there'd be a chance we could resign him for his services next season. Much like the scenario with Schenn  last year; though he signed with someone else. If Myers gets mo' money from another team and he deems it worthwhile, then why not. At his age it'd be to his advantage as far as family goes.......uhhh...I'm rambling.......

In short, yea! He's useful. Let's keep him if we can!

Go Canucks Go!

Really depends on how this team does. If we make the show and make a strong bid to the 2nd round a la 2020, then maybe we could be considered an incoming contender in the next few years and signing veterans isn't so crazy. If, on the other hand, we miss the playoffs or get blasted in the 1st round, then we may continue to focus on youthful talent.

10 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Myers on pace for his highest scoring season as a Canuck. Currently on pace for 7 goals, 32 assists, 39 points. Always be wary of stats in contract years as a predictor of future production, but it's nice to see nonetheless.

Perfect! We will get good value at the TDL. This management group isn't letting anyone walk for free. Asset  management. Either Myers signs a 2 year extension at 1.5 million or he is shipped out at deadline. 

Hopefully Myers gets us a 2nd rounder back!

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

He plays too much the same way Hughes/Hronek play too much.

But right now we don't really have another choice.

Ideally I think Meyers is a 18 - 20 TOI guy. RT played him with Zad a lot last night so that will be interesting to see how it develops. Soucy's return could really anchor this d-group big time. 

I’m sure it’s been suggested before, but with his size and offense instincts, I’d love to see him tried for a bit at forward. His defensive gaffs would be less noticeable and his forward speed and size would be hard to slow down. May be silly, but an experiment I’d love to see when we’re fully healed.

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Zadorov 

Cole - Friedman/Juulson

Dressing 11 F 7 D is becoming more common, I think The Giraffe could be a decent swing option.

There is no way in hell that this guy would be on my team. 

He's literally, a recipe for disaster. 

A chaotic, inconsistent give-away machine. Not only that, he also manages to either, injure his own players with slap shots, or tackles them. 

Anyone who thinks he's had a great year, seriously has no clue, or is just looking to stir the pot. 

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He had a good stretch, but it seems like he's off again.

I expect a lil' Chaos Giraffery from Myers now and then. However it's not just him as of late. Mental lapses and poor positional play is more a culprit in our unsuccessful forays lately.

On 12/6/2023 at 1:20 AM, Barn Burner said:

There is no way in hell that this guy would be on my team. 

He's literally, a recipe for disaster. 

A chaotic, inconsistent give-away machine. Not only that, he also manages to either, injure his own players with slap shots, or tackles them. 

Anyone who thinks he's had a great year, seriously has no clue, or is just looking to stir the pot. 

The thing that bugs me most is that goal he gave away yesterday. I've literally seen the exact same giveaway at least 10 times for a goal. As a professional you would think there he could come up with a better way to deal with it. He's so chaotic and finds interesting and unique ways to blow it all the time. It's comical at this point, and it rubs some people the wrong way when you mention it but it's just simply true. Not my type of defender.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

The thing that bus me most is that goal he gave away yesterday. I've literally seen the exact same giveaway at least 10 times for a goal. As a professional you would think there he could come up with a better way to deal with it. He's so chaotic and finds interesting and unique ways to blow it all the time. It's comical at this point, and it rubs some people the wrong way when you mention it but it's just simply true. Not my type of defender.

First of all, as a "professional" who is making $6 mil a year, he should be counting his lucky stars. 

This guy is shit, and he's definitely not on my team. You can't depend on him on to win, let alone contend. 

For what he's getting paid, and for him to continually make these bonehead types of plays, it's insane. 

Seek help Myers... on some other team. 

And who cares if it rubs some of those fanboys the wrong way. Screw 'em. 

I will say, that last night's game wasn't entirely Myers fault. There were far too many breakdowns by too many. 

The whole team needs to play with better structure. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1