Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

-AJ-

9 points, 6 goals and a +8 in 7 games is insane. Obviously he won't keep this up but if he even vaguely hovers around a 70 point season, he should be happy. Suddenly that 6.6M cap hit seems fair game for someone who's on pace for a rediculous season. Obviously the 4G game blows it out of proportion and he'll surely go through slumps, but if he evens off at 70+ points and a solid member of the PP and a great +/-, he's worth +6M.

Now is the time to move Brock. 
He’s got a shot, but he doesn’t skate or pass. I like Brock. He was the first guy we brought in that showed that there may be hope for the future but it’s been years..

Edited by Dappskee
OCD

3 hours ago, Dappskee said:

He’s got a shot, but he doesn’t skate or pass. I like Brock. He was the first guy we brought in that showed that there may be hope for the future but it’s been years..

On the contrary, I'm seeing a more complete game from him than he's ever had before. I suppose if you want value, now's the time to trade, but I think Garland or Beauvillier are still better options. Beauvillier's been much better lately, so maybe his value isn't as low anymore.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, CaptainQuin said:

Boeser literarily just skated it up and sauced it to Miller ..

you know nothing 

Ya and Horvats start last year wasn’t a product of the system…

Sell high, Boeser will never play better.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dappskee said:

Ya and Horvats start last year wasn’t a product of the system…

Sell high, Boeser will never play better.

Sell high, Hughes will never play better. Sell high, Demko will never play better. Sell high, Pettersson will never play better.

What if Boeser's just a part of the team we need to be successful? You don't always sell high on players, otherwise you never have any success at the top level. You sell high when you're failing or a player isn't important to the team's success. I'd argue Boeser is one of the most liked players in the locker room and it would shake the players up emotionally if we were to trade him.

I get similar vibes to when people wanted to trade Tanev all those years ago. I always had a feeling he was worth more to us than we would get in a trade, and Boeser provides a significant locker room boost IMO, which I think many fans severly underrate the impact of.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

For the first time in maybe his entire career, Boeser is playing to his cap hit which is fun to see. 6.6M used to get him cries to be bought out and now he's actually a bargain under 7M for what he's producing. 2nd in league scoring and only behind someone who has a bunch of hat-tricks to his name, that's pretty wild. Matthews' cap hit is twice as much as Brock's.

I know Boeser is benefiting from great team play and amazing passing by our stars, but he has scored some goal-scorer's goals in different ways this year. That bang in to beat out Ekholm in front of the net on the rebound was something you see smart goal scorers do and something he rarely did before. Something we never credit him for are his great screens in front of the net which he won't get assists for.

Glad to see it's finally all coming together for him. Really hope he hits 40G somehow.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

For the first time in maybe his entire career, Boeser is playing to his cap hit which is fun to see. 6.6M used to get him cries to be bought out and now he's actually a bargain under 7M for what he's producing. 2nd in league scoring and only behind someone who has a bunch of hat-tricks to his name, that's pretty wild. Matthews' cap hit is twice as much as Brock's.

I know Boeser is benefiting from great team play and amazing passing by our stars, but he has scored some goal-scorer's goals in different ways this year. That bang in to beat out Ekholm in front of the net on the rebound was something you see smart goal scorers do and something he rarely did before. Something we never credit him for are his great screens in front of the net which he won't get assists for.

Glad to see it's finally all coming together for him. Really hope he hits 40G somehow.

No doubt he out payed his ELC cap hit first two seasons in the league 

19 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boeser used to be a perimeter player. Tried to play the half wall and take his shots off the face off circles. Now he is a fixture in front of the net. Bumper passes are still happening, as per the Horvat era, but more offense is coming off the back end as Hughes shots on net more. BB is there to deflect or pick up rebounds.   

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 9:10 PM, Dappskee said:

Excellent argument.

Hell of a lot better than yours. Looks like your arguments will consist of either, "He's crappy, get rid of him" or " He's playing too well, we can't afford to resign him, get rid of him". I can see that you are a real Canucks fan. 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Boeser used to be a perimeter player. Tried to play the half wall and take his shots off the face off circles. Now he is a fixture in front of the net. Bumper passes are still happening, as per the Horvat era, but more offense is coming off the back end as Hughes shots on net more. BB is there to deflect or pick up rebounds.   

He has a different mindset now. I really think the last two years were very hard on him personally.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:50 PM, Dappskee said:

According to you, Brock wouldn't get much of a return in a trade.

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

He has a different mindset now. I really think the last two years were very hard on him personally.

For sure Bob. 

Brock was on the verge of losing his career last season.  He grabbed the chance to redeem himself

in the offseason and has returned to the team as a more complete player.

He's improved his speed and is far more present along the boards and in front of the net.  More

importantly, he is one of the players on the team's shutdown line.  These guys are having success

at containing some of the best offensive players in the league and Brock, all the while, is putting

up points at a greater rate than ever.

I'm not saying that he should never be considered in a trade.  With Lekker on his way to becoming

a top 6RW, there will be questions around Brock and Kuzy, who become UFAs at 27yrs old.  Right

now, Brock is looking like the superior player; both offensively and defensively.

I don't think this is a good time to even consider making a trade.  The team is locked in and the

Miller line is a huge part of the team's success.  Just let them play and see how things go over

the next few months.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, higgyfan said:

According to you, Brock wouldn't get much of a return in a trade.

For sure Bob. 

Brock was on the verge of losing his career last season.  He grabbed the chance to redeem himself

in the offseason and has returned to the team as a more complete player.

He's improved his speed and is far more present along the boards and in front of the net.  More

importantly, he is one of the players on the team's shutdown line.  These guys are having success

at containing some of the best offensive players in the league and Brock, all the while, is putting

up points at a greater rate than ever.

I'm not saying that he should never be considered in a trade.  With Lekker on his way to becoming

a top 6RW, there will be questions around Brock and Kuzy, who become UFAs at 27yrs old.  Right

now, Brock is looking like the superior player; both offensively and defensively.

I don't think this is a good time to even consider making a trade.  The team is locked in and the

Miller line is a huge part of the team's success.  Just let them play and see how things go over

the next few months.

I'd move Kuzy personally, and I like him.

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd move Kuzy personally, and I like him.

Kuzy is a very likeable guy and a fan favourite.  There's a reason they only gave him a 2yr extension,

which happens to make him a free agent at the same time as Brock.

No doubt Tocc would keep Brock over Kuzy as well.  The management have their eyes on Lekker,

who very will might end up being on Pete's wing; effectively replacing our endearing Russian.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Upcoming Islanders game might have more at stake than just 2 points .......

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/rivalry-islanders-fans-canucks-merch

Omg, cry me a river Islander fans.  And no...there might be a few Nuck fans that think of the Islanders as

a rival (the ones that are still stuck on Bo liking his new team), but other than that, nobody cares about

them.