Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

-AJ-

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

yeah but we are not super healthy 

- team has flu, Milky, Soucy, Bluegger - all important secondary pieces were out...

My comment was about Brock. So the team has the flu, and still squashed the Oilers. When they get over the flu, they should be even better. What is your point?

Edited by WeneedLumme

1 hour ago, Reznor said:

I think Brock got a bit lucky last night, but that's great, as luck has not been on his side for years. It was great to see him start well, but more importantly, seemingly in a better mental state

Sometimes in the game of hockey a few lucky bounces can give a player more confidence. The this I have noticed this preseason and last night was he was taking much less time to make the decision to shoot over pass. I always believed his confidence In his shot was down In the past few years. It’s that split second decision to shoot that gives the shooter an advantage over the goalie. 

I got goosebumps on his first goal.   

🍻 👍

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 12:13 PM, Karma-Kazi44 said:

I always believed his confidence In his shot was down In the past few years. It’s that split second decision to shoot that gives the shooter an advantage over the goalie. 

That's exactly what he lost. It was like the shot (if he made it) wasn't his first choice, and he wasn't fully committed to it. Confidence is an odd thing, and he's been through a lot. I can only hope his public statements about being in the right space now is true, because his shot really is fantastic and he IS capable of being a true top 3 player.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I think the haters here didn't realize how much of an impact losing a parent the way he did can have on a person. Clearly, your focus and concentration are not there (fully on the ice) Your heart is not there. 

He needed time to grieve and away from the game. He deserved patience and respect but some here didn't exercise either of those two things. And now they're eating their words. 

Thing is, around here the first signs of struggle will be an "AHA, told you!" moment. I wish we could just stand behind our players...especially when they're experiencing such heartache and loss. Good on Brock for finding his love of the game again. Likely in his Dad's honour. Duke's his good luck charm up above and was one of our biggest fans. Sad that he was taken away.

It's true. Some posters on here really pick their sore spots repeatedly. Perhaps they should see a doctor! 

It's like an itch they just gotta' keep scratchin'. 

Brock's injuries clearly affected his play, and obviously, so did the suffering and loss of his father. 

Some people need to relax and realize these are supposed to be our players. I find it very odd that supposed fans gloat over certain players failures, or just want them gone. And even if you do want them traded, I find it very disturbing that they continually throw a 'dig' in there at any opportunity possible. 

I always want the best from our players, that's why I stood up for BB and still do. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I think the haters here didn't realize how much of an impact losing a parent the way he did can have on a person. Clearly, your focus and concentration are not there (fully on the ice) Your heart is not there. 

He needed time to grieve and away from the game. He deserved patience and respect but some here didn't exercise either of those two things. And now they're eating their words. 

Thing is, around here the first signs of struggle will be an "AHA, told you!" moment. I wish we could just stand behind our players...especially when they're experiencing such heartache and loss. Good on Brock for finding his love of the game again. Likely in his Dad's honour. Duke's his good luck charm up above and was one of our biggest fans. Sad that he was taken away.

I am so happy for Brock and I believe the majority of Nuck fans are as well.  I think the negative attitude towards

Brock last season, was a lack of understanding due to a limited life experience.  If you have never experienced

a lingering health issue/injury or lived through the agony of losing a loved one, it is likely you will have

little understanding of how these things can tear you apart.  Brock has soldiered through some very tough

times and is now coming back into the light.  Welcome back, Brock!

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2023 at 7:11 AM, Mrwipeout said:

Brock has looked real good all camp and showed his true potential tonight. Natural scorer. Since camp ive seen a snap to his step and a sharpness in his play.....if he can keep that sharpness were lookin at at least 30-40 goals this season...

Agree that Brock has looked good this training camp. A little more quickness. The great shot is being utilized. He is sliding into the openings.

If a person had been watching at the end of last season.....that person would have noticed a marked difference in Brock's play.

It was as if RT was able to throw a switch, give some confidence to Brock and the latent passing skills were once again quite evident, which along with his improved shot resulted in a nice bump in his point totals.

You could see that he was happy to be on the ice again. Probably a reason why he rescinded his trade request at the end of last year.

It may be a bit early to make this comparison......I see in Brock some of the same skills that Brett Hull came to showcase. The hard accurate shot, the ability to find some open ice and the quick release. Brett, like Brock saw the ice quite well and this allowed for him to set up his team mates much the same as Brock does now. Brett Hull was also a very average skater, with Brock perhaps being a slightly better skater.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Artemus said:

Agree that Brock has looked good this training camp. A little more quickness. The great shot is being utilized. He is sliding into the openings.

If a person had been watching at the end of last season.....that person would have noticed a marked difference in Brock's play.

It was as if RT was able to throw a switch, give some confidence to Brock and the latent passing skills were once again quite evident, which along with his improved shot resulted in a nice bump in his point totals.

You could see that he was happy to be on the ice again. Probably a reason why he rescinded his trade request at the end of last year.

It may be a bit early to make this comparison......I see in Brock some of the same skills that Brett Hull came to showcase. The hard accurate shot, the ability to find some open ice and the quick release. Brett, like Brock saw the ice quite well and this allowed for him to set up his team mates much the same as Brock does now. Brett Hull was also a very average skater, with Brock perhaps being a slightly better skater.

I like the comparison to Brett Hull maybe Miller or PDG can channel their inner Oatsie (Adam Oats)

What I also noticed was how often Brock has been going to the net front and didn't get an assist on Petey's goal but was a big part of it.

GCG