The most disappointing part of this season thus far...

MikeyD

Until we get rid of all the lower bowl corporate seasons ticket holders, I don’t think we ever see any sea of any color.  It’s truly sad to see most of the lower bowl filled with people that were clearly given the tickets and could care less about the team.

• Like 2

This might be an unpopular opinion but I just recently went to the blues game and I thought the atmosphere was above average compared to other rinks. I work all over the USA, so over the last 15 years I’ve been to over half the NHL arenas. I bet it was 10 years since the last time I was at a Canucks game. Ive seen them on the road 90% of the time. I felt like the overall enthusiasm was actually better than 10 years ago. The scoreboard is elite. The DJ was better and the sound system is probably the best I’ve heard. Our goal song is actually unbelievably cool and unique, I didn’t really realize this until I was at Rogers. it adds to the vibe of the building. I was about 3 rows up from the glass and everyone around me was engaged. 

Let’s see if I can rank the top 10 rinks I’ve been to.  
1. Oilers

2. Nashville 

3. Philly

4. islanders 

5. Rangers

6.  Van

7. Pens

8. Wings

9. Carolina 

10. flames 

Edit: I haven’t been to

Vegas, Montreal, Boston or Chicago. Those are probably higher than van. But I’d still put the overall experience above average in the NHL. 

Edited by LaBamba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, gwarrior said:

I'd like to see and hear the fans be as loud as the crowd at the Lions game yesterday. That place was insane.

If you ever get the chance be sure to catch a BlueBombers game in Wpg. I've been to many Lions games and was at our game yesterday as well but when I went to see a buddy in Wpg this summer and we went to the Bombers / Allouettes game, I was very humbled by their fan base and how their building runs the games. Way more interactive themes and fan involvement than I've ever seen at BC Place.

I was at the Dallas game as well and although the DJ does nothing for me and tons of songs were clearly chosen for the younger crowd, I thought most of the fans in my section and in the building in general were boisterous, involved and cheered at all the right times.

All that is except the 4 late teen / early 20's girls on my right who spent the entire night chatting about their social lives, taking selfies and only really looking for the puck when the rest of the crowd began to buzz loudly in anticipation of an exciting play. Oh well, can't win em all

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

If you ever get the chance be sure to catch a BlueBombers game in Wpg. I've been to many Lions games and was at our game yesterday as well but when I went to see a buddy in Wpg this summer and we went to the Bombers / Allouettes game, I was very humbled by their fan base and how their building runs the games. Way more interactive themes and fan involvement than I've ever seen at BC Place.

I was at the Dallas game as well and although the DJ does nothing for me and tons of songs were clearly chosen for the younger crowd, I thought most of the fans in my section and in the building in general were boisterous, involved and cheered at all the right times.

All that is except the 4 late teen / early 20's girls on my right who spent the entire night chatting about their social lives, taking selfies and only really looking for the puck when the rest of the crowd began to buzz loudly in anticipation of an exciting play. Oh well, can't win em all

Going to a CFL game in Winnipeg, I'd be down for it in the summer. I'm not mental enough to go watch an outdoor game in Winnipeg in November. I may be a big guy, but I'm not conditioned for that.

22 hours ago, EB43 said:

Until we get rid of all the lower bowl corporate seasons ticket holders, I don’t think we ever see any sea of any color.  It’s truly sad to see most of the lower bowl filled with people that were clearly given the tickets and could care less about the team.

You need them to pay those ridiculous prices. 

15 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Going to a CFL game in Winnipeg, I'd be down for it in the summer. I'm not mental enough to go watch an outdoor game in Winnipeg in November. I may be a big guy, but I'm not conditioned for that.

I'm not a fan of suffering out in the elements for long either but damn I wish I had the resources to fly out this coming weekend for the West final. I wouldn't bet the farm on BC coming out of that building with a win but I'd sure love to be there to cheer them on and watch them try. Could be a very close game and if BC can have a strong 2nd half (not happening often lately), the crowd may actually be a little bit quiet when all is said and done.

Tried and true, I'm a Canucks / hockey fan first but...

Go Lions GO!!!

• Cheers 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, bishopshodan said:

They dont promote noise/fun in our barn.

High alc prices, no noise makers, sometimes people are told to sit down, really bad dj, lower bowl and private boxes used by corps as a place to meet and be seen instead of enjoying the game.

They should do a cheap section for people that are members of their fan forums, the most hardcore fans, they would make noise....oh, wait, they dont want to hear from them true fans either

Fwiw the DJ was pretty fun when I went on halloween night. Not sure if its the same guy as last year but it was enjoyable to listen to.

Other than that i agree the tone from the top (arena management) does not encourage fans to be loud besides the old “make some noiiiise” banners and spicy p walking around banging his drum starting chants which does work

• Cheers 1

This may or may not be something most would be into, but I have often wondered why we don’t have supporters groups in hockey like you do in Football (AKA Soccer). I belong to a few SG’s for a few different soccer clubs (all different leagues) and it’s soo much fun singing, banging drums, etc etc and the players and clubs love it too.  Would be cool to see it come to Hockey.  

5 minutes ago, Danie_Canuck said:

This may or may not be something most would be into, but I have often wondered why we don’t have supporters groups in hockey like you do in Football (AKA Soccer). I belong to a few SG’s for a few different soccer clubs (all different leagues) and it’s soo much fun singing, banging drums, etc etc and the players and clubs love it too.  Would be cool to see it come to Hockey.  

That would be amazing

We need our Season ticket holders to ban together and start a raucous

That would be amazing to watch.

Jets had that for the first few seasons but I heard covid depleated their season ticket base and they are having trouble with attendance

On 11/4/2023 at 11:35 PM, MikeyD said:

Is our fans!

They've definitely been louder but they should be absolutely raucous the way the team is playing. The guys are playing their tails off and our fan base looks so uneducated when they don't cheer for great PK work, turnovers in the neutral zone, hits along the walls, etc.

I'm hoping it's just a TV thing but they seem to only cheer for the big plays. I would love to see some more love from the fans for all of those small plays that win you hockey games consistently. It'd also bring some love towards our depth players who are playing the right way and helping us to points as well. 

Elias Pettersson finally thinks the fans are fun at the rink, now we need to show him what we can really do. Let's murder some ears, Canucks fans! Let's keep Elias home! 

This is the best hockey we have seen since 2012 and it's high time we show our appreciation for it. 

Yeah, this has been going on for years, we cheer when our team scores goals, not cheering them to get goals like other teams. I remember how there was a buzz in the Montreal games before they even started, let alone at puck drop and all through the game. In our building, it's like going to a library until something happens. Lame... 

Edited by iceman1964

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

This thread is the most disappointing part of the season 

It's true though... Vancouver fans are lame/boring, whatever one chooses to describe..

Fair call for sure!  Worst fans in the league imo.

Win a few games, plan the parade, lose a few, tear it down!!!! And repeat...

On 11/5/2023 at 9:16 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

I am disappointed in our current cap situation more so than our fans.

I want to further support our stars but the cap is crap atm. 

That's what happens when selling out the farm for so long gets you, ummm I'll point to the last.. ummm forever... We have NEVER had a producing farm in franchise history. Hence overpriced FA's killing cap, it's hardly new! 

Mostly that Vintage is all by himself celebrating alone. 

32 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

That's what happens when selling out the farm for so long gets you, ummm I'll point to the last.. ummm forever... We have NEVER had a producing farm in franchise history. Hence overpriced FA's killing cap, it's hardly new! 

Moose had their moments. 

On 11/5/2023 at 9:01 PM, Steamer4GM said:

Winnipeg visiting BC was always fun.  Their fans are amazing; if you get a chance, go see the Bombers and check out their fans.

(Still cheer against them of course.)

1 hour ago, iceman1964 said:

Not many... Not to make it worth it... Our farm has been a joke long enough but hopefully that's a thing of the past

You do know that most of the guys who are good don't need much "farming" correct?   A good "farm" is mostly NA now, and college plus Europe ... it's not like it used to be (AHL).