[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

With Taylor Hall out for the season maybe the hawks might circle around on AB. A veteran winger who is good in the room and on an expiring deal. Sure would be nice to free up some cap space and make room for when suter returns.

They might prefer Garland? Eoupd be great to dumperoo that guy and his contract. 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Even if he doesn't extend with the Bolts I'd be a bit surprised if he came west tbh 

I think more than likely they find a way to get it done in Tampa, he's still very productive and there's the legacy aspect for both sides

I think it can be a real possibility if he goes to free agency and we move those 2 contracts.

2 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

A bigger player in the Top 6 would be HUGELY beneficial also. Watching how the Avs use their size in front of the net made me envious. God I wish Podz could find his game!

The Canucks need a 1st line winger and #3 defencemen (right side or left side) to compete with these top teams.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

17 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

No hate. I love the guy. Who wouldn’t? The guy always has a big smile and seems to be the ultimate team guy. 

It’s just that we need a desperate upgrade with our defence and I don’t want to throw away a 1st. Rather send a struggling forward who can get us something good. You have to give something good to get something good. We desperately need a 3/4 defender asap.

Edit: Would you rather trade a first?

a struggling top 6 that is still on pace for 60 points or a mid/late first that won't be nhl ready for 3-4 years if he even makes it at all and no guarantee he's a top 6 or a top 4 D? i'll trade the 1st any time. 

if you are saying kuzmenko is struggling.. who the hell is even giving you value? we already have a ton of players on this team that if we are to trade is at the lowest possible value.. but let's trade the best out of the bunch at it's lowest value.

teams that might have a top 3/4 defender for trade? calgary? Columbus? chances are they are on kuzmenko 10 team no trades.. good luck trading him to those teams

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Garland is too valuable to trade at this point. Beauvillier is much more expendable. 

Dunno, he's been bringing value but if the Canucks can improve their roster by moving him its worth exploring 

At the end of the day we're gonna have to move cap out somehow to make any additions and it'll likely have to involve us moving out a winger

29 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dunno, he's been bringing value but if the Canucks can improve their roster by moving him its worth exploring 

At the end of the day we're gonna have to move cap out somehow to make any additions and it'll likely have to involve us moving out a winger

He’s not the priority to move over Beauvillier and it’s not even remotely close. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s not the priority to move over Beauvillier and it’s not even remotely close. 

If given the chance of being able to ship only one out the door PA sends Garland away 10 times out of 10. If connor was a pending UFA I would agree with you but having 4.95 in extra cap the next 2 seasons would be the priority.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

If given the chance of being able to ship only one out the door PA sends Garland away 10 times out of 10. If connor was a pending UFA I would agree with you but having 4.95 in extra cap the next 2 seasons would be the priority.

Please Garland is worth more in fit and ability to draw penalties for a good pp team. That 800k savings is a nothingburger. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Please Garland is worth more in fit and ability to draw penalties for a good pp team. That 800k savings is a nothingburger. 

$4.95 million cap to draw penalties and backcheck is quite a handsome overpayment, don’t you think? 

IMO, these kinds of contracts are what sets us apart from the contenders. Especially if you take into account the opportunity cost of utilizing those $4.95 mill on another team need. 

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

$4.95 million cap to draw penalties and backcheck is quite a handsome overpayment, don’t you think? 

IMO, these kinds of contracts are what sets us apart from the contenders. Especially if you take into account the opportunity cost of utilizing those $4.95 mill on another team need. 

Ignoring the 50 points he generally brings sure. Not to mention the PP goals from PP’s he has drawn…

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ignoring the 50 points he generally brings sure. Not to mention the PP goals from PP’s he has drawn…

This season he’s definitely not getting to 50 points. Not with him being slated in a checking role for the season. 

He’s currently being paid almost $5 million to play bottom six duties. 

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It's not the 800k extra this season. It's the 9.9 million over the next 2 seasons.

That's why I said if Garland was a pending ufa as well I would agree with you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coryberg said:

It's not the 800k extra this season. It's the 9.9 million over the next 2 seasons.

That's why I said if Garland was a pending ufa as well I would agree with you.

Except cap is going up and you know what you have. And if you’re competing you’re spending that money. I’d rather spend it on a known piece rather than a maybe especially with Beauvillier and Myers coming off the books. 

On 11/23/2023 at 11:22 AM, Grandmaster said:

No hate. I love the guy. Who wouldn’t? The guy always has a big smile and seems to be the ultimate team guy. 

It’s just that we need a desperate upgrade with our defence and I don’t want to throw away a 1st. Rather send a struggling forward who can get us something good. You have to give something good to get something good. We desperately need a 3/4 defender asap.

Edit: Would you rather trade a first?

On 11/23/2023 at 1:24 PM, aGENT said:

A legit top 6 F or a late first....? Yes I would rather trade the first.

If we could get a good defenseman I'd rather trade Kuzmenko than our 1st++. We're going to need cost controlled contributors coming, we have a few (Willander, Lek, Bains, Podz) & I think there's a chance to get another good one in this draft. Need to hold onto those assets as much as we can.

Kuzmenko is a very good player so its not that you give him away, but you do wonder if he's the right fit as we hope to contend & it could be a hockey deal worth making especially given how Hoglander is coming on. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If we could get a good defenseman I'd rather trade Kuzmenko than our 1st++. We're going to need cost controlled contributors coming, we have a few (Willander, Lek, Bains, Podz) & I think there's a chance to get another good one in this draft. Need to hold onto those assets as much as we can.

Kuzmenko is a very good player so its not that you give him away, but you do wonder if he's the right fit as we hope to contend & it could be a hockey deal worth making especially given how Hoglander is coming on. 

That's great and all... But (hopefully) late firsts are closer in value and likelihood of getting a valuable NHL player, to a second rounder. 

If there's another "Hronek" type deal out there, I'd FAR prefer to move our first over Kuz... Though granted I hope we're shopping our 2025 first, first haha.

Worry about moving a Kuzmenko or Boeser once Lekkerimaki has actually arrived and had some success at the NHL level IMO.

Hoglander is a great Garland replacement... If we can manage to move him...

22 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Toch really likes CG so not so sure about that but I certainly could be wrong

5 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Toch really likes CG so not so sure about that but I certainly could be wrong

We don’t have a third line without Garland. He’s really given that line an identity and Joshua and him have great chemistry.

If there aren’t any plans to re-sign Beauvillier then he makes the most sense to move out cap. With the development of Hoglander and with Aman now with the team Beau appears to be the odd man out. And I’ve really liked Beau’s game lately just not at 4 million.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We don’t have a third line without Garland. He’s really given that line an identity and Joshua and him have great chemistry.

If there aren’t any plans to re-sign Beauvillier then he makes the most sense to move out cap. With the development of Hoglander and with Aman now with the team Beau appears to be the odd man out. And I’ve really liked Beau’s game lately just not at 4 million.

Agree, higher AAV but he can drive a solid 3rd line.