[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Nobody wants Beauvillier!

They will closer to the TDL. We will end up with a third for Beau. So that dumperoo of Horfat Wallet will end up returning us Hronek (who is clearly much better than Fat Wallet) Raty ( who is already better defensively than the Fat Walleted One, and a third for Beau. Dsmn that’s one great trade by Sllvin. 

2 hours ago, TopCheese said:

You dont take PDG off that line that line is heavy with him on it and thats the point 

He is just filler and not driving play, same as Kuzmenko (right now) and Beauvillier.

Garland is outplaying all of them by a wide margin so far this season.

Not everyone can be an elite player in the cap world, but PDG is a 30 year old fringe NHLer who is riding off the outrageous play of his linemates and the  bump everyone is getting from a defence that is driving offence and moving the puck as well as any in the league.

At some point there needs to be more from other players in the roster other than the top few guys. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Provost said:

He is just filler and not driving play, same as Kuzmenko (right now) and Beauvillier.

Garland is outplaying all of them by a wide margin so far this season.

Not everyone can be an elite player in the cap world, but PDG is a 30 year old fringe NHLer who is riding off the outrageous play of his linemates and the  bump everyone is getting from a defence that is driving offence and moving the puck as well as any in the league.

At some point there needs to be more from other players in the roster other than the top few guys. 

garland is outplaying them all by a wide margin sure i agree, but at the end of the day this is a production driven league. PDG and beau are both out producing garland. moving garland up to millers line is going to have the exact same effect as having garland on EP's line. Garland will kill the play because he thinks of himself as a puck driver on the line and holds on to it way too long when there's guy like EP and Miller.. even kuzmenko, boeser who are far superior to him in terms of holding on to the puck and playmaking. way too often he skates around with the puck forever then start playing along the board and eventually gets knocked off easily and that's the end of the play. 

Garland had the most success with horvat as his center.. garland is a terrible fit with EP or Miller because of his playstyle. i rather have PDG on miller's line or anyone else that's willing to work hard dig pucks forecheck but doesn't hog the puck like garland before i put garland there.

20 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I wonder what CBJ would want for Laine. They made all those moves in the offseason to compete, so I doubt they'd want pure futures.

For the Canucks he could be another high impact weapon that can score goals out of nowhere, imagine the potential of him & Petey together. He could he our answer to, say, Mikko Rantanen. 

Kuzmenko + Garland/Beau (for $$$)

Kuzmenko could be expendable for us given Laine would take his role, and in him they'd get a good top 6 winger to replace Laine, then it comes down to what futures they'd want.

Laine stinks. 
had 2 good seasons 5 years ago.  
He is an even more o repaid Boeser, except Boeser is great this year.  
Big old pass.  I’d rather have Loui E

10 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Laine stinks. 
had 2 good seasons 5 years ago.  
He is an even more o repaid Boeser, except Boeser is great this year.  
Big old pass.  I’d rather have Loui E

56 points in 56 games 2 years ago 52 in 56 last season on a very bad columbus team = laine stinks?? so 70 points in 82 games and 63 in 68 = he had 2 good seasons 5 years ago.. but 56 in 56 and 52 in 56 is god awful?? ya he's struggling this season.. but who isn't on columbus? if gaudreau the playmaker is struggling.. everyone else is going to struggle with him.. I'm not saying go get Laine.. but your take on Laine stinks makes 0 sense. outside of the year he wanted out of winnipeg and this season.. he's been very consistent. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

56 points in 56 games 2 years ago 52 in 56 last season on a very bad columbus team = laine stinks?? so 70 points in 82 games and 63 in 68 = he had 2 good seasons 5 years ago.. but 56 in 56 and 52 in 56 is god awful?? ya he's struggling this season.. but who isn't on columbus? if gaudreau the playmaker is struggling.. everyone else is going to struggle with him.. I'm not saying go get Laine.. but your take on Laine stinks makes 0 sense. outside of the year he wanted out of winnipeg and this season.. he's been very consistent. 

Even if we did want him CBJ would have to retain on him for it to work with our cap situation. Not going to happen.

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I'll split the difference. Laine is pretty much halfway between stinks and Rantanen.

He's not terrible but he's also not worth the $8.7m a year he's getting until 2026. The idea of clearing that much cap and giving up assets to aquire him, that definitely does stink. Think about how much stick Boeser got last couple of years and he's paid $2m less and (imo) is better.

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, aGENT said:

Beau ($1m retained) and a mid pick for Givani Smith?

Sharks have cap space...

Thought this same thing last night watching the game. Smith in the bottom 6 would add some serious size to the bottom 6. Him with Blueger and Hoglander would be a fun 4th line. 

Don't think retention makes much of a difference for Sharks. I'd rather add a tier 3 prospect. That $1M could be used to upgrade on D for a playoff run. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

That’s a pretty long post to say a bunch of stuff that isn’t really relevant. 

8 mill for 50-60 points/games. 
No thanks.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I agree with much of what you are saying.  Laine is a terrific offensive player, who requires a

playmaker that is terrific as well.  Can you imagine the points he would put up if he had Pete

feeding him the puck?  He is a much more dynamic goalscorer than Kuzy, but would drive Tocc

crazy with his defensive lapses.  With the Canucks cap, the Jackets would have to retain $.

The Blue Jackets are in such a mess, I don't know what they'll do.  They have some good young

players and prospects, so they really should continue with their rebuild; but for the two ugly

contracts holding them back.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, kettlevalley said:

Apparently Isles now looking for scoring in exchange for Wahlstrom......younger, bigger,  more suited to 3rd line role?  In exchange for Beau or Garly?  

I think the Isles would have Kuzy in mind, but their cap hit (and the Canuck's as well) is too tight.

Kuzy ($1m retained)   for  Whalstrom RW $.874x1/RFA + Romanov (LD) $2.5mx2/RFA +2nd

Islanders have a solid defensive team that will allow Kuzy to play his all out high scoring game.

Whalstrom hasn't found his offense yet, but being a power forward type there's a chance it will

come to him (Tocc would see to that).  He's physical force that, a the very least, could help out

the bottom 6. 

Ramonov is managing his 3rd pairing duties adequately.  Is a defensive dman. 

Not sure if adding the 2nd is pushing it, but the Isle are getting the best player (right now).

The Iles would have to dump another $1m in cap space to make this trade work.

Hogs   Pete  Mik                      

GDP   JT   Brock

Josh   Suter   Gar

Laff   Blue  Whalstrom

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s a pretty long post to say a bunch of stuff that isn’t really relevant. 

8 mill for 50-60 points/games. 
No thanks.  

so what about our darling garland? 20 points for 5mil? even our favorite giraffe double his point total almost. 

whether he's worth his cap hit or not vs he sucks as a hockey player is 2 different things.. 

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I think the Isles would have Kuzy in mind, but their cap hit (and the Canuck's as well) is too tight.

Kuzy ($1m retained)   for  Whalstrom RW $.874x1/RFA + Romanov (LD) $2.5mx2/RFA +2nd

Islanders have a solid defensive team that will allow Kuzy to play his all out high scoring game.

Whalstrom hasn't found his offense yet, but being a power forward type there's a chance it will

come to him (Tocc would see to that).  He's physical force that, a the very least, could help out

the bottom 6. 

Ramonov is managing his 3rd pairing duties adequately.  Is a defensive dman. 

Not sure if adding the 2nd is pushing it, but the Isle are getting the best player (right now).

The Iles would have to dump another $1m in cap space to make this trade work.

Hogs   Pete  Mik                      

GDP   JT   Brock

Josh   Suter   Gar

Laff   Blue  Whalstrom

If they want Kuzmenko then I want Ryan Pulock

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

You know you're unwanted when Pearson is moved before you. And many questioned his health. Y'all dunno how sad I was we moved Pearson before Beauvillier. 50% of Pearson is better than 100% of Beauvillier.

thisguystinks.gif

Pearson has 6 points in 18 games and is a -3

Beau has 7 points in 19 games and is a +8

One was healthy and 26 years old and one was 31, had major health concerns, + a year off. 

I think we made the right choice. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, aGENT said:

Beau ($1m retained) and a mid pick for Givani Smith?

Sharks have cap space...

I like Smith, I'd do this and SJ can then retain and move Beau again for another pick too. 

Or if we wanna just retain 2 million on Beau and try to get a 3rd round pick or something I'm game for that too. Use the free money to sign Bear whenever he's ready. 

• Cheers 1