[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

There is definitely history of Montreal chasing players of Quebec heritage. It's a fair point.

true, but they already have their poutine quotient on the roster, and have lots of smaller wingers. 

I still think Chicago makes sense, or maybe this is the roster we run with this year. Beau is playing well defensively and we really don't need his offence. Not ideal but better than burning assets to move him.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

There is definitely history of Montreal chasing players of Quebec heritage. It's a fair point.

They have Quebec born players on the team already.  In addition this ownership/management tesms seems more interested in properly  building a team than cowtailling to the vocal political minority. 

Going out on a limb here. Ld 6-7 230lbs of home grown D. Kevin Bahl.

Strait up for Beauvilier.

Needs a fresh start. No nonsense defenceman who is a 3rd progressing tough defensive defenceman. 

Is expected to be a RFA. EXTREMELY cost effective. Do we need him? Yes ,whereas at 22 years old , he is exactly a player this team will or needs to address with this type of game. 

Merely looking around at who could fill a need.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

Going out on a limb here. Ld 6-7 230lbs of home grown D. Kevin Bahl.

Strait up for Beauvilier.

Needs a fresh start. No nonsense defenceman who is a 3rd progressing tough defensive defenceman. 

Is expected to be a RFA. EXTREMELY cost effective. Do we need him? Yes ,whereas at 22 years old , he is exactly a player this team will or needs to address with this type of game. 

Merely looking around at who could fill a need.

Bahl is signed this season and next or a cap hit of roughly 1M. He's a young LD with size and upside, why would a team that likely views themselves as a contender give that up for a forward they don't need in Beauvillier? 

They'd be taking on an additional 3.15M in cap space when they only have roughly 1M in cap space, makes no sense for them. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Bahl is signed this season and next or a cap hit of roughly 1M. He's a young LD with size and upside, why would a team that likely views themselves as a contender give that up for a forward they don't need in Beauvillier? 

They'd be taking on an additional 3.15M in cap space when they only have roughly 1M in cap space, makes no sense for them. 

I merely am trying to offload Beauvillier. Did not research cap. Sorry

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, snowman955 said:

I merely am trying to offload Beauvillier. Did not research cap. Sorry

There's a taker out there for Beauvillier, he's a good player, but he needs to be in the top 6 to really succeed. He's stuck on Canucks behind a bunch of other winger depth.

There will be a team that has an injury and will need someone who can step into top 6 and that's when we move him. There's no need to give him away unless it addresses needs on Canucks side. We need to improve defensive depth and we need someone with more sandpaper in the bottom 6.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There's a taker out there for Beauvillier, he's a good player, but he needs to be in the top 6 to really succeed. He's stuck on Canucks behind a bunch of other winger depth.

There will be a team that has an injury and will need someone who can step into top 6 and that's when we move him. There's no need to give him away unless it addresses needs on Canucks side. We need to improve defensive depth and we need someone with more sandpaper in the bottom 6.

He is far behind a career AHLer like PGD… it isn’t like there isn’t a spot for him to earn if he was capable.

No demand for an overpaid guy who hasn’t been able to contribute as a top six, and doesn’t seem to fit a bottom six.

The minors are littered with guys that fit this profile.

• Cheers 1

I love PDG and think he’s been great with Miller and Boes. The only option I see in this winger debate we are having is to move PDG down to 3rd or 4th line and give Beau or Garland that role. Me personally I would give it to Garland because he’s going right now. Garland obviously gives up size but I think we can all agree if anyone watched the last 3-4 games we haven’t drawn a lot of pp time because the refs are managing the games against us and Garly is a guy that gets in quick and is a SOB to defend with his shiftiness. Beau can stay bottom 6 or if you’re trying to move him he needs to be beside Petey and you put Mik on 3rd line. 

Garland -Miller- Boes

Kuz- Petey- Beau

Hogz-Suter- Mik

PDG-Blueger-Laff/Joshua

These lines could be tested tonight vs SJ but I don’t think Coach Tocchet is reading these boards especially my post 🤪

Go Canucks 

Edited by NucksIn50
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Provost said:

He is far behind a career AHLer like PGD… it isn’t like there isn’t a spot for him to earn if he was capable.

No demand for an overpaid guy who hasn’t been able to contribute as a top six, and doesn’t seem to fit a bottom six.

The minors are littered with guys that fit this profile.

19 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

I love PDG and think he’s been great with Miller and Boes. The only option I see in this winger debate we are having is to move PDG down to 3rd or 4th line and give Beau or Garland that role. Me personally I would give it to Garland because he’s going right now. Garland obviously gives up size but I think we can all agree if anyone watched the last 3-4 games we haven’t drawn a lot of pp time because the refs are managing the games against us and Garly is a guy that gets in quick and is a SOB to defend with his shiftiness. Beau can stay bottom 6 or if you’re trying to move him he needs to be beside Petey and you put Mik on 3rd line. 

Garland -Miller- Boes

Kuz- Petey- Beau

Hogz-Suter- Mik

PDG-Blueger-Laff/Joshua

These lines could be tested tonight vs SJ but I don’t think Coach Tocchet is reading these boards especially my post 🤪

Go Canucks 

Different roles =/= better player. PDG is there because that line needs someone to complete checks, battle for pucks and generally be a mucker.

Neither Garland or Beau are terribly suited for that role. They lack the size required. We'd be far better off with an upgrade on PDG (maybe Podkolzin eventually?), as he's better suited to a bottom 6 role "ideally" (PDG, Suter, Hoglander please). 

Good players... No suitable roles on this team.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

PDG is for sure the placeholder for Podz. Its a great role for him, less pressure to produce and Miller would be a great mentor for him.

If we can move Beau, put PDG on the 3rd line and Podz with Miller that would be a good internal upgrade.

Podz was moving quickly towards a spot on the team when he was injured. Just need s to get back on track now.

• Vintage 3

I wonder what CBJ would want for Laine. They made all those moves in the offseason to compete, so I doubt they'd want pure futures.

For the Canucks he could be another high impact weapon that can score goals out of nowhere, imagine the potential of him & Petey together. He could he our answer to, say, Mikko Rantanen. 

Kuzmenko + Garland/Beau (for $$$)

Kuzmenko could be expendable for us given Laine would take his role, and in him they'd get a good top 6 winger to replace Laine, then it comes down to what futures they'd want.

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I wonder what CBJ would want for Laine. They made all those moves in the offseason to compete, so I doubt they'd want pure futures.

For the Canucks he could be another high impact weapon that can score goals out of nowhere, imagine the potential of him & Petey together. He could he our answer to, say, Mikko Rantanen. 

Kuzmenko + Garland/Beau (for $$$)

Kuzmenko could be expendable for us given Laine would take his role, and in him they'd get a good top 6 winger to replace Laine, then it comes down to what futures they'd want.

Laine seems to find himself in the doghouse wherever he goes. Is there something regarding this guy's work ethic that leaves something to be desired?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Laine seems to find himself in the doghouse wherever he goes. Is there something regarding this guy's work ethic that leaves something to be desired?

seems so. I recall his interview on HNIC before the draft and he was lying on a couch I believe. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I really like Podz taking that spot from PDG, I think he'll be a beast with Miller. 

Maybe that happens in the playoffs of 2024? This new management group really prefers our younger guys (unless they’re superstar level like Hughes and Petey) to stay in the AHL as long as possible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He had a concussion early in tbe season. You have to wonder if he's still feeling the effects or if he hasn't returned to game shape yet.  Either way the coaching staff are mishandling it.  He should Either be on IR until he's 100% or they should let him play his way out of the rust. Benching him is only going to destroy his confidence 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe that happens in the playoffs of 2024? This new management group really prefers our younger guys (unless they’re superstar level like Hughes and Petey) to stay in the AHL as long as possible. 

Could be, but Podz is special and the role is well defined. You are probably right tho.

• ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Could be, but Podz is special and the role is well defined. You are probably right tho.

Pods has this full year to be waiver exempt. IMHAO new management will give guys until they are waiver eligible to get onto the big club. If that player has value n trade, but can’t crack our lineup they will be traded. If the guy is most likely to clear, and has some runway of development left, then we will keep him in Abby and try to get him ready for the nhl. 
Pods will either be with our big club next season or traded. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

He had a concussion early in tbe season. You have to wonder I'd he's still feeling the effects or if he hasn't returned to game shape yet.  Either way the coaching staff are mishandling it.  He should Either be on IR until he's 100% or they should let him play his way out of the rust. Benching him is only going to destroy his confidence 

Laine is a sad case. He could be a great player but seems not to care. I hope Allvin steers clear. 

Beau is the negative value player for this season.  Dreams of getting a dman or draft pick are laughable.  can’t see anyone taking his cap. Canucks retain or take near equal cap back for a lesser asset, but better fit per role (bottom 6 pk/energy). Best hope is that he plays his way out of uselessness and actually steps up when injury presents. 

Beauvillier would be a good asset for tank jobs top6.  Maybe we get lucky and someone takes him for futures... but I doubt it.