[Rumour] Canucks looking to move Beauvillier?

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

PDG has fit in great with JT. 

Seattle isn't trading Borgen but I would love that deal

I was watching Rick’s interview yesterday and apparently Miller suggested that line in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

i

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Ideally, the changes I'd like to see us make, and it's not easy because no one is wanting to take salary back right now, so just hypothetical speculation:

Move 1:

Trade Beauvillier to any team short on forwards with up to 1 million retained for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Lower pick if we could get a half decent prospect back as part of contract balancing

Move 2:

Blueger get's moved retroactively to LTIR (he's over 10 games, so that can be done) Assuming that he's back on the weekend, that will be out for 13 games, about 301k in additional LTIR space. I think he'll be back against Toronto.

Move 3:

Juulsen assigned to Abbotsford to free up 775k

Move 4:

Sign Bear (assuming he's healthy again) for 1 yr, 1.5 million contract pro rated for games missed. Assuming he's coming in around game 15, that would be about 1.275 million hit across the rest of the season.

Lineup:

DiG/Miller/Boeser

Mikheyev/Pettersson/Kuzmenko

Joshua/Suter/Garland

Blueger/Lafferty/Hoglander

Studnicka

First call up for Bottom 6: Bains

First call up for middle 6: Podkolzin (assuming he's ready to play again)

Defense:

Hughes / Hronek

Cole/Bear

Soucy/Myers

Friedman

Demko / DeSmith

So, if, (BIG IF), I'm doing my math right, that would give us another 301k of LTIR for the season and the other changes would lower our cap by about 2.425 million.

Recap of my math:

Bear +1.5

Beauvillier - 3.15 (after 1 million retained)

Juulsen to AHL - .775

Feel free to correct my numbers...

My personal opinion, that improves our bottom 6 significantly as Beauvillier is not really well suited to that position, I think he needs to play higher up in the lineup to be truly effective.

Bear is a upgrade on Friedman and is capable of playing 15 - 17 min per night as he was demonstrating last year. Friedman is great relief in case of injury, but I think his game gets stretched if he's above 12 - 13 min per night, sheltered minutes and opponents.

No major surgery to the team, just balancing and bringing in a RD who we know and showed last year that he can be effective for us in the last half of the season which led to his selection to Canada WC. He had 3 goals and 13 assists and was +6 last season in 61 games for us, essentially playing 2nd pair, averaging over 18 min per night.

Again, if my math is right, this would put us almost to zero cap space with only about 500k...ish used of our LTIR.

I don't think this team needs major surgery, just minor moves to increase our bottom 6 and defensive pairing competitiveness and I think these moves would accomplish this.

Do you know if there is any benefit to not using all of the available LTIR cap relief or if we are able to get back to zero $ in cap space not including LTIR?

Just now, J-23 said:

I was watching Rick’s interview yesterday and apparently Miller suggested that line in the summer.

miller loves a cinderella story

first he gets the canucks to give chiasson a contract

now he gets PDG into the top 6

what a gem haha

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, soggy said:

the market for beauvillier might improve as the season goes on if he can pick up his game + other forwards get injured

thats my hope anyway

I think he could be a fit in either Winnipeg or Anaheim. UFA at the end of the season, they can re-sign or let him walk. Even with 1.5 retained, Garland is still a 3 year commitment in a really tight cap.

Either way, I'd rather give Bear a shot if he's healthy, than making a move that will tie us up longer term.

If Willander is ready at the end of this season, that might be a better long-term option for us.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think he could be a fit in either Winnipeg or Anaheim. UFA at the end of the season, they can re-sign or let him walk. Even with 1.5 retained, Garland is still a 3 year commitment in a really tight cap.

Either way, I'd rather give Bear a shot if he's healthy, than making a move that will tie us up longer term.

If Willander is ready at the end of this season, that might be a better long-term option for us.

definitely would love to have Bear back

i hope they let willander cook for a few seasons, and transition to the nhl slowly, i dont think we need to rush him

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He has averaged 38.5 pts/season in the 502 NHL games he has played, with about 14 mins/game average in ice time so far in his career, and 45 points/season for the Canucks. He also only turned 26 this summer and is in his prime. Not unreasonable to except him to put up 40-50 point/season in the right role.  

He was impressive in his last two playoff runs putting up 14 goals and 27 points in 41 games. 

I think he could help out a rebuilding team that has a couple of elite scorers.  He's a speedy skater

that can play R or L wing and has proven that he can score.  What he brings to a young team is the 

the defensive game he has learned from the Canucks this year.  It's only a 1yr commitment, but he

might be a steady addition to a young team.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, soggy said:

definitely would love to have Bear back

i hope they let willander cook for a few seasons, and transition to the nhl slowly, i dont think we need to rush him

people shouldn't sleep on Woo either........he's probably ready for some limited NHL duties at this point.  He's likely more ready than Willander

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

people shouldn't sleep on Woo either........he's probably ready for some limited NHL duties at this point.  He's likely more ready than Willander

Woo is absolutely more ready than Willander and all things being equal, would like to see him get some time with some sheltered minutes and see how he does....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I'm not sure teams that are looking for scoring help are going to be terribly interested in Beauvillier at the moment. Does he become a 50+ point guy on a 2nd line somewhere else?

Not sure either, but he's been a consistent producer in general across his career. I think teams can look at him and see that he's got 5 points in 12 games, +6, while being deployed on the 4th line, 13 min per night, because we have too much forward depth. From that standpoint, if a team needs a middle 6 winger, he is a 1 year commitment. Don't like him after this season? Don't re-sign him. They can kick the tires on him for the rest of this season without the financial commitment of someone like Garland.

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure either, but he's been a consistent producer in general across his career. I think teams can look at him and see that he's got 5 points in 12 games, +6, while being deployed on the 4th line, 13 min per night, because we have too much forward depth. From that standpoint, if a team needs a middle 6 winger, he is a 1 year commitment. Don't like him after this season? Don't re-sign him. They can kick the tires on him for the rest of this season without the financial commitment of someone like Garland.

giphy.gif

Plus, on the way out the door, PA and JR can sit down Beauvilier and say "here is what we are thinking in terms of the long game. We are happy with a term in the range of X to Y years with salary about $Z Million annually give or take 25%. So, if you happen to be looking for a job come July 1st, then circle back and we can have a conversation. In the meantime pack your shit and get out since we got excellent value in a package of prospects / picks / a ball gag for Trevor Linden. "

... or some reasonable version of said statement that won't get them fined a draft pick by Bettman on general principles of him hating the Canucks.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

In Garland's defense, he'd probably be able to beat the shit out of my sister-in-law if the two ever came to blows.  

I'd pony up for pay-per-view to see Garland and Beauvillier drop the gloves for who gets to stay and who gets the bum's rush out the door.

giphy.gif

• Cheers 1

Beau played well last night. I think he'd love to play in Montreal,  French player Habs fan. I wonder if we could work out a deal. Might have to retain 1M or so because of cap reasons.  We have a couple of call ups from Abby to help out, and use the cap to hire a Zadarov or whoever. Montreal could use the scoring boost and we could use the cap. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Beau played well last night. I think he'd love to play in Montreal,  French player Habs fan. I wonder if we could work out a deal. Might have to retain 1M or so because of cap reasons.  We have a couple of call ups from Abby to help out, and use the cap to hire a Zadarov or whoever. Montreal could use the scoring boost and we could use the cap. 

Just because he's French doesn't mean Montreal would have any interest in him.  I don't think.he offers anything to the team they don't have 

51 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Just because he's French doesn't mean Montreal would have any interest in him.  I don't think.he offers anything to the team they don't have 

There is definitely history of Montreal chasing players of Quebec heritage. It's a fair point.

• Cheers 2