Ilya Mikheyev | #65 | RW

-AJ-

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Truefan99 said:

Where did you pull out 20 games from…

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

just a figure of speech not actual facts...he only played 46 games last season, before taht it was 53, 54, 39 with leafs... hes an important player but missin out on half the season is painful hes too important and we need him come playoff time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

looking back at the Panthers game i think my emphasis on Mikheyevs importance is evident.... he got that 1st line with petey and more importantly Kuz finally goin one step better then before. just gotta pray he stays healthy....

This for the entire team....

Does anyone remember that his nickname used to be Soup?

Because after his first goal he said he was going to celebrate with a bowl of soup - and then it turned into a whole ad campaign with Campbells before the Leafs brought in Jack Campbell?

I think we should bring it back.

6 hours ago, nzan said:

Does anyone remember that his nickname used to be Soup?

Because after his first goal he said he was going to celebrate with a bowl of soup - and then it turned into a whole ad campaign with Campbells before the Leafs brought in Jack Campbell?

I think we should bring it back.

Didn't someone on the old forum start putting together a list of the best places to get soup in Vancouver to send to him?

• Haha 1

Mik needs to play more PK and be moved down to the 3rd line imo. Get someone on Pettersson's wing willing to forecheck and hit/engage the opposing D forcing them to make mistakes!

Mike plays a very soft game as does Kuz, so that leaves Pettersson being the aggressive one on the line, something that shouldn't be happening when your going to be getting double digits millions per year. The team needs to get a grinder for that line. Hoglander plays that way but is undersized...but he does have skill. He was noticeable both games I went to over the weekend. Deserves a bit more ice imo.

Mikheyev is an overpaid player, but will get points given who they seems to want to cement him with...EP40

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Mik needs to play more PK and be moved down to the 3rd line imo. Get someone on Pettersson's wing willing to forecheck and hit/engage the opposing D forcing them to make mistakes!

Mike plays a very soft game as does Kuz, so that leaves Pettersson being the aggressive one on the line, something that shouldn't be happening when your going to be getting double digits millions per year. The team needs to get a grinder for that line. Hoglander plays that way but is undersized...but he does have skill. He was noticeable both games I went to over the weekend. Deserves a bit more ice imo.

Mikheyev is an overpaid player, but will get points given who they seems to want to cement him with...EP40

this take is almost as bad as your trade proposals

1 hour ago, Viking said:

I mostly disagree with this. He's fantastic at using his speed to create space for Petey and Kuzmenko. You don't always need to be physical to create space in today's NHL anymore and Mikheyev does it with his speed.

I will agree that he'd be well-used on the PK though. He's got history of success in that role.

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Not sure why Mikheyev gets a seat on the gravy train? in 81 games as a canuck he has. 31 hits 18 shot blocks 4 pims hardly PK's. Big Chaisson vibes. 

Probably so, but he is 4th in top 6 scoring.  He will likely end up with a career year this season.

18 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Probably so, but he is 4th in top 6 scoring.  He will likely end up with a career year this season.

Quite honestly I don't know what to think of Mik? Not sure if he is top 6 on a contender. He has been playing with one of the best players in the world all year.