(Proposal) Van / Nas

IMo- way too much to give up for a 20 point a year D man that plays less than 20 minutes a night.

Myers plays more minutes, and scores at a higher rate. Defensively they look about equal.

Only things Fabro's got  over Myers is age and cap hit, with Fabro needing a new deal, as an RFA

I might go any 2 of the 4 pieces leaving Vancouver for Dante.

• Vintage 1

I don't really see a need for Fabbro. He kinda just makes our line up more of the same. If we are doing a deal with Nashville I would be going hard after Cole Smith and Jeremy Lauzon. These are the types of players that our team is lacking if we are serious about playoffs. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

On 11/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, Rypien-Punch said:

To Van - Dante Fabbro 

To Nashville - Myers, Brzustewicz, Mcdonough, 2024 2nd 

This feels like a fairly large overpayment on Vancouver's end (that doesn't often happen in these proposals so good on ya). 

Nah I'd pass. Bear feels like he can roughly bring what Fabbro can and we can likely just sign him by dumping Beau for a mid/late pick. Meyers has been fine on the 3rd pair in a more controlled setting. Brzustewicz and a 2nd are both valuable and I'd rather they kept those in this situation. 

20 hours ago, Bobby James said:

This feels like a fairly large overpayment on Vancouver's end (that doesn't often happen in these proposals so good on ya). 

Nah I'd pass. Bear feels like he can roughly bring what Fabbro can and we can likely just sign him by dumping Beau for a mid/late pick. Meyers has been fine on the 3rd pair in a more controlled setting. Brzustewicz and a 2nd are both valuable and I'd rather they kept those in this situation. 

Yeah that’s a good call on Bear. Fabbro is marginally better if that and brings much the same type of game. I’d rather keep the prospects and picks and get Bear. Acquiring a dman from the Flames is a little different if we could get Tanev or Zadarov but still wouldn’t use Brzustewicz as a sweetener in a trade. He doesn’t have that much value but is trending like a guy who should have been picked in the 1rst round. Willander, Lekkermaki, Brzustewicz and Silovs are the prospects to hold onto unless you’re getting a guy like Rasmus Andersson from the Flames. Not for Fabbro.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, Rypien-Punch said:

To Van - Dante Fabbro 

To Nashville - Myers, Brzustewicz, Mcdonough, 2024 2nd 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Fabbro

Soucy Friedman 

Way too much to give up.... and as someone else pointed out, Brzustewicz should be classified as a blue chip prospect right now and untouchable unless the return is significant. With a 6 million cap hit, Myers is a significant drag on value.

Overall, I think you would have to pay to get Nashville to move Fabbro, but that doesn't mean that he is a realistic target for us although his name keeps coming up, I think because he's from New Westminster.

For the most part, Nashville is a fairly young team looking to take the next step, I don't see them doing anything unless its for an immediate upgrade, and this is the type of trade that you'd put forward if you're targeting a 1/2 RD who is on an expiring contract for a team who is about to rebuild, that isn't Nashville.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:39 AM, Nucker67 said:

I wouldn't trade Brzustewicz straight up for Fabbro

Agreed.   

PLEASE folks (and more importantly, our ownership).

Do NOT trade away picks and prospects like candy.  Brzusteweicz has some potential there.

Jim Rutherford came to Vancouver and basically rebuilt our farm and infrastructure from scratch.     

After so many years, we finally have a legit pipeline and infrastructure.  Podkolzin, Raty, Silovs, Hirose, McWard, etc., all cooking on the farm.  

Linus Karlsson looked pretty good for us the other night as well.   

With OEL's cap buyout penalty going to reach its peak in a couple of years, we need prospects like these to step up on ELC contracts and greatly exceed their relative cap hit value.   So, even if guys like Raty, Podkolzin, Hirose, and Brzusteweicz don't become top 6 forwards or top 4 d-men, they can still add tremendous value to the team if they kill it on bottom 6 or bottom pairing roles (or riding shotgun on a 2nd line or 2nd pairing) on ELC's.   

These are the guys that we need to protect.  

Please, for fucks sake, do NOT piss away picks and prospects like Burke, Gillis, and Benning did.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek