Let's pick who is your favorite ring of honours

Tank

most favorite one   

24 members have voted

1. 1. you can only pick one among most recent ring of honours.

• Ohlund
    • Burrows
    • Luongo

2 Mattias Ohlund Defenceman 1997–2009 December 16, 2016 Former highest scoring defenseman in franchise history. [13]
14 Alex Burrows Left wing 2006–2017 December 3, 2019 Scored numerous game-winning goals, Sedin twins linemate, dubbed 'Dragonslayer" [14]
1 Roberto Luongo Goaltender 2006–2014 December 14, 2023 All time franchise leader in wins (252), save percentage (0.919), and goals-against average (2.36).

1 hour ago, Tank said:
2 Mattias Ohlund Defenceman 1997–2009 December 16, 2016 Former highest scoring defenseman in franchise history. [13]
14 Alex Burrows Left wing 2006–2017 December 3, 2019 Scored numerous game-winning goals, Sedin twins linemate, dubbed 'Dragonslayer" [14]
1 Roberto Luongo Goaltender 2006–2014 December 14, 2023 All time franchise leader in wins (252), save percentage (0.919), and goals-against average (2.36).

Cory Schneider has a better Canucks GAA and SPCT than Luongo.

That said, Luongo is probably my favorite of the three.

26 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Cory Schneider has a better Canucks GAA and SPCT than Luongo.

That said, Luongo is probably my favorite of the three.

Look at total games played in the League.

1,044 vs 410.

Luongo was consistent over a far higher number of games.

---

That being said... my personal favourite Ring of Honour Canuck is Burr... not because he was a better player than Ohlund or Luongo, but just cause he had the personality.

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Look at total games played in the League.

1,044 vs 410.

Luongo was consistent over a far higher number of games.

---

That being said... my personal favourite Ring of Honour Canuck is Burr... not because he was a better player than Ohlund or Luongo, but just cause he had the personality.

The first post claims that Luongo has these all time records for the Canucks.  I was pointing out that he doesn't.

Of course Luongo was consistent for longer but 400 games is a full career for a goalie.

I like Burrows about as much as Luongo.  They both have their pros and cons.  I like some of the older ROH guys better than all three of the more recent options.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

The first post claims that Luongo has these all time records for the Canucks.  I was pointing out that he doesn't.

Of course Luongo was consistent for longer but 400 games is a full career for a goalie.

I like Burrows about as much as Luongo.  They both have their pros and cons.  I like some of the older ROH guys better than all three of the more recent options.

Schneider only played 98 games as a Canuck.  Luongo played 448.  Schneider does have a better GAA and SV as a Canuck but it should come with an asterisk…

• Upvote 1

Wasn't easy, razor thin between all 3 guys, but went with Luongo.     Was one of the most important players we've ever had as far as putting up banners, and yes, also winning series too.   Getting blamed and piled on for the final never sat well with me,  Schnieder could play too, it didn't make a difference.   If your team can't score more than a goal and a bit per game, and you make it to game 7, it's not goaltending!    Plus going into the series, and up until game 3, he was the Canucks front runner for the Conn Smythe.     Early, on, our team would have gone through a pretty nasty rebuild cycle or re-tool cycle, if it wasn't for trading Bertuzzi.    The Turco series, was his best series ever, and 100% on him, with a bit of an almost retired Linden too, given he seemed to be the only guy who could actually score or set anyone up to score versus Turco.   

We had it awfully good goaltending wise, from the time Luongo came and with Ryan Miller even.   Then a couple bad years with a 6'6" former highly touted goalie, who loved to let in muffins on the first shot of every game, and who's style appeared to be just use the butterfly and make yourself big.    Eventually he figured it out for 1.5 seasons ... Demko is having a typical, we took it for granted, Luongo like season right now.    For an 8 year period, Luongo was the best goalie in the league.   Not second best (sorry Broduer, Lundqvist).    The media and fans are way too tough on their stars in this market. 

7 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Ohlund was tough not to pick as well.   Pretty sure if he didn't injure his eye to the point where he lost a lot of his sight, that there is a chance he wouldn't be in the ROH, but instead retired and up in the rafters.   Other teams tried hard to trade for him, and Quin, Keenan, Burkie, wouldn't do it.    Instead of putting up double digit goals regularly, and 30 plus in the dead puck era, believe it would have been consistently around 50.    He lost an element to his game right away.   Also one of a few guys D's, we've ever drafted to got straight to the top four and stick, then move up from there.   A perfect specimen for his era really.    Had the "it" factor when it came to scoring big goals.   Jovo did too. 

Was truly too bad.   6'4" and with the equipment guys started to wear in the late 90's onwards, he looked like a transformer out there.    Soucy and Zadarov, are probably the first guys we've had since, that can actually destroy guys with their hits, apologies to the hip checkers Hamhuis and Ballard.    Edler looked like he had this early, but pretty sure injuries stopped him from standing guys up.    Ohlund had a lot of Rob Blake's skill set.    Which is why teams were often trying to trade for him, even before he started to play in the NHL.  

TB, sure enjoyed his twilight years.   Was blowing guys up for awhile until they realized Ohlund wasn't a fun guy to play against.  

As for Burrows.   Glad he's the first guy from that peak Sedin team, to get added to the ROH.   A huge underdog story.   And he helped the Sedins become some of, if not the best players in the planet for a couple seasons.   Didn't float on their coattails at all.  Aside from one year of Carter, the first player (and only really), that could produce with them.   Slaying the dragon gives him Paul Henderson like staying power with this franchise, but it was also a lot more then that.   Wasn't a regular on the first PP unit.   Did all his work 5 x 5.    And it was a lot of work.   Was just as important as Kesler was, making a portion of the money (although he did finally get his much deserved contract).  

For me anyways, it wasn't an easy choice.   Most favourite?    Went with most important, liked all 3 of these guys while they were here, even though some of the media crap got its teeth into me,  felt we traded the right goalie.    And also after the goalie graveyard, was already a big fan of Luongo's.   Guy was simply awesome when he was on.   Which was most of the time. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Most recent.   This might not be favourable, but actually think Bieksa deserve's a shot too.   Get that Kesler won't likely ever get the call, but to me anyways, Bieksa was an important part of the franchise, and with his current job just keeps adding value (he protects us as a franchise in the media, just like he did on the ice).     If Burrows gets in, think Bieksa deserves it too.    As for the older guys, Snepsts and McLean for me all the way, plus of course Quin but that wasn't for his playing as much as what he meant to the franchise for the most successful post season teams in club history. 

• Vintage 1