[PROPOSAL] Andrei Kuzmenko to Chicago

Patrik Allvin is the master at trading players and then flipping the assets obtained in that trade for somebody else that he really wants.  He traded Horvat to the Islanders for a first round pick + and then traded the first round pick + for the guy he really wanted, Filip Hronek.  He traded Beauvillier to Chicago for a 5th round pick and then used that pick in a trade with Calgary to get the guy he really wanted, Nikita Zadorov.

I am hoping that Allvin has one more trick up his sleeve to complete this team and give Petey the winger he deserves.  Let's gooo...

To Chicago:

Andrei Kuzmenko

To Vancouver:

Chicago 2024 2nd round pick

Chicago needs some players who can play with Bedard.  Kuzmenko could be that guy and could get back to form with them and score 40+ goals with Bedard.  Chicago is rebuilding so they don't care about defence as much, but need some high end talent to play with Bedard to make him happy and sell some tickets.  Chicago gives us their 2nd round pick, which will almost be a late first round pick.  I don't think we will get more than that for Kuzmenko at this point.  Also, Chicago takes on the entire $5.5 million of Kuzmenko's salary as they have the cap room to do that.  This allows Vancouver to free up $5.5 million in cap space.  Which leads us to the follow up trade and to the guy Allvin really wants...

To St. Louis:

Vancouver 2025 2nd round pick

Akito Hirose

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich

St. Louis doesn't look like a team that will make the playoffs.  They may be sellers at the deadline.  Trading Buchnevich allows them to free up $5.8 million in cap space so they can be active at the trade deadline and acquire more picks and prospects with their cap space.  Getting two 2nd round picks (one is almost a first), plus Hirose will allow St. Louis to start a retool, rebuild, whatever you want to call it.

Buchnevich is the ideal winger for Petey.  He is great defensively but can also score 30 goals.  And he can also kill penalties.  Tocchet will fall in love with him.  He is the missing piece for our top 6.  Buchnevich completes this team and can help us win the Stanley Cup.

Buchnevich    Pettersson   Mikheyev

Hoglander      Miller            Boeser

Joshua           Blueger         Garland

PDG               Suter             Lafferty

Aman

Hughes      Hronek

Zadorov     Myers

Soucy        Cole

Juulsen

Demko    DeSmith

I think we can win the Stanley Cup with this trade...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Patrik Allvin is the master at trading players and then flipping the assets obtained in that trade for somebody else that he really wants.  He traded Horvat to the Islanders for a first round pick + and then traded the first round pick + for the guy he really wanted, Filip Hronek.  He traded Beauvillier to Chicago for a 5th round pick and then used that pick in a trade with Calgary to get the guy he really wanted, Nikita Zadorov.

I am hoping that Allvin has one more trick up his sleeve to complete this team and give Petey the winger he deserves.  Let's gooo...

To Chicago:

Andrei Kuzmenko

To Vancouver:

Chicago needs some players who can play with Bedard.  Kuzmenko could be that guy and could get back to form with them and score 40+ goals with Bedard.  Chicago is rebuilding so they don't care about defence as much, but need some high end talent to play with Bedard to make him happy and sell some tickets.  Chicago gives us their 2nd round pick, which will almost be a late first round pick.  I don't think we will get more than that for Kuzmenko at this point.  Also, Chicago takes on the entire $5.5 million of Kuzmenko's salary as they have the cap room to do that.  This allows Vancouver to free up $5.5 million in cap space.  Which leads us to the follow up trade and to the guy Allvin really wants...

To St. Louis:

Akito Hirose

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich

St. Louis doesn't look like a team that will make the playoffs.  They may be sellers at the deadline.  Trading Buchnevich allows them to free up $5.8 million in cap space so they can be active at the trade deadline and acquire more picks and prospects with their cap space.  Getting two 2nd round picks (one is almost a first), plus Hirose will allow St. Louis to start a retool, rebuild, whatever you want to call it.

Buchnevich is the ideal winger for Petey.  He is great defensively but can also score 30 goals.  And he can also kill penalties.  Tocchet will fall in love with him.  He is the missing piece for our top 6.  Buchnevich completes this team and can help us win the Stanley Cup.

Aman

Hughes      Hronek

Zadorov     Myers

Soucy        Cole

Juulsen

Demko    DeSmith

Don't think that's enough for Buchnevich.  There has to be a 1st round pick involved at a minimum.

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s not worth that much. Rather go after Brady Tkatchuk if a first is involved. 

He's absolutely worth that much.  He's having a bit of a down year and still on pace for 65 points and nearly 30 goals.  All on a 5.8m AAV contract.  Very good value.  If Buchnevich is on the trade block, there will be a bidding war.

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Chicago:

Andrei Kuzmenko

To Vancouver:

To St. Louis:

Akito Hirose

To Vancouver:

Pavel Buchnevich

Aman

Hughes      Hronek

Zadorov     Myers

Soucy        Cole

Juulsen

Demko    DeSmith

I like this proposal a lot. 

Signed for two years, decent age, solid defensively, would probably contribute offensively, good size, and can play all three forward positions.  

My only criticism of this idea is the offer. It's a decent offer but  think St. Louis would probably look for a 1st rounder at minimum at the deadline.

• Cheers 1

It would have to be one of Chicago's later 2nds. Maybe returning Vancouver's 2nd.  Even then I'm not sure they'd pay that fir a guy who has been a frequent healthy scratch and who's head coach won't play him until he learns to play D.

And he's not going to "get back to form and score 40 goals".  His shooting percentage from last season wasn't repeatable.  This seasons Kuzmenko is closer to what his reality is. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

He’s not worth that much. Rather go after Brady Tkatchuk if a first is involved. 

Brady Tkachuk would cost an arm, a leg, and my grandmother's penis if we're being completely honest.  

No joke.  

I would love to have Brady here but that's probably going to cost you Kuzmenko, Willander, Lekkerimaki, and a 1st.  Or something bat shit insane.  

I would absolutely LOVE to have Brady Tkachuk here but I can't see Ottawa ever moving him.       

If we're thinking Ottawa however, your buddy Jacob Chychrun might be someone that could realistically be had.  

Bump.  It’s clear that Petey needs a winger who knows how to score.  I already said that Lafferty would only be a short term solution which was true, and I am saying the same thing with Suter, who is a 3rd line centre.  

Either you play Kuzmenko with Petey or you trade him for someone who can.  Pavel Buchnevich is the bomb.  He would complete this team and he is the perfect winger for Petey.  And who doesn’t want another Pavel on this team?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I'd rather not give up on Kuzmenko just yet, would like to hope that Tocchet can work with him to some degree to get him back up there. He's a big part of our top-6 and PP when he's on, and if we don't have him in the lineup then we are lacking some offensive skill, especially when Petey is playing like crap. Miller and Boeser can't do it alone.

I wonder if we make a big play for a top-6 winger and flip Kuzmenko, a bit like the Bo-to-Hronek deal.

9 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

I think it's important to note that our 1st will likely be a lot lower than it's been in recent memory, so it's not like we'd be moving a top 10 pick. 

Perhaps we could move Kuzmenko to Chicago for their 2nd, and then move our 1st + 2nd + Hirose for Buch?

I'd be okay with that too.  I'm thinking with Allvin he is capable of doing this deal only with our 2nd plus Chicago's 2nd, which will be almost a first.  If we move our 1st then St. Louis will basically get two low 1st round picks.  I'd rather we throw in another prospect than give up our 1st.  

IMO, Kuzmenko plus our 2025 1st might be overkill for Buchnevich.  Lawson Crouse on the other hand...

On 12/23/2023 at 4:58 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd rather not give up on Kuzmenko just yet, would like to hope that Tocchet can work with him to some degree to get him back up there. He's a big part of our top-6 and PP when he's on, and if we don't have him in the lineup then we are lacking some offensive skill, especially when Petey is playing like crap. Miller and Boeser can't do it alone.

I wonder if we make a big play for a top-6 winger and flip Kuzmenko, a bit like the Bo-to-Hronek deal.

I would like to see how Tocchet and staff work with Kuzmenko to work on his defensive game. If he can improve, great. if not, then we have a one dimensional player, but maybe some other GM will think they can fix him. 

On 12/22/2023 at 3:42 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Bump.  It’s clear that Petey needs a winger who knows how to score.  I already said that Lafferty would only be a short term solution which was true, and I am saying the same thing with Suter, who is a 3rd line centre.  

Either you play Kuzmenko with Petey or you trade him for someone who can.  Pavel Buchnevich is the bomb.  He would complete this team and he is the perfect winger for Petey.  And who doesn’t want another Pavel on this team?

I mean, Kuzmenko knows how to score, that's not his problem. If we can somehow acquire buchnevich, that would be awesome. But man, he's not going to come cheap. How much term does he have?