My guess is the Devils would want Hogs in return. I don't think I do it, but if Tochett really isn't into Hogs I could see where this may happen. Or Buffalo would want Pods. Again, I don't think I'd do that either. 

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

My guess is the Devils would want Hogs in return. I don't think I do it, but if Tochett really isn't into Hogs I could see where this may happen. Or Buffalo would want Pods. Again, I don't think I'd do that either. 

I'd send a draft pick their way. He hasn't exactly produced offensively as a former first round pick. So no to Höglander or Podkolzin. Mcleod also in his 20's, I don't know what his contract status is like, but if he's looking to be paid, then no. We need cheap ELC players that can make an impact on the roster. Trying to fill out the roster with players who continually want to be paid more and more isn't going to get this team anywhere. Need those younger players to produce on the roster. 

Now if the Canucks can get McLeod for cheap (like Lafferty), then I'll all for that of course. 

With that being said, it's probably not happening right. 

• Cheers 1

Peripheral distractions aside, this is the the kind of potential “long term upgrade”  I’d like the see Allvin pursue.  

Younger RHC that we can hopefully lock up for a reasonable rate. 

We have Suter next year for a good amount but Bleuger was just a 1x1.9 and Joshua and Laffrety are also up in UFA.  

An RFA C with cost certainty would go a long way. 

48 minutes ago, thesauce said:

Nah, he's one of the non-deniers from the WJC team. The Devils aren't getting rid of him because they can't keep him or because he's playing horribly - quite the opposite in fact. 

Easy pass. 

Didn’t know he’s one of “those guys”. Allvin and JR are in the know. They’ll steer clear of “those” players. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So we need to wait until the year 2075?

No need to wait. It's pretty obvious along with Katchouk, Batherson & Formenton at this point. Probably 4 other non-WJC roster players currently in the NHL also involved too. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

until the WJC stuff is cleared up I wouldn't touch any of em. 

Oh it's all cleared up... they just buried it in the backyard and we'll never hear of it again.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t know he’s one of “those guys”. Allvin and JR are in the know. They’ll steer clear of “those” players. 

do we actually know 'this'? 

I'm sure Allvin would do his due diligence. These days a GM would be shit canned for not ensuring that a player was vetted properly. He ain't Jimbo. 

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm sure Allvin would do his due diligence. These days a GM would be shit canned for not ensuring that a player was vetted properly. He ain't Jimbo. 

Agreed. JR and Allvin will know if McLeod is connected to the rape. 
Why is Jersey shopping a guy they clearly need? He’s one of their few abrasive, hard to play against younger guys. Hence the questions about “baggage”. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Agreed. JR and Allvin will know if McLeod is connected to the rape. 
Why is Jersey shopping a guy they clearly need? He’s one of their few abrasive, hard to play against younger guys. Hence the questions about “baggage”. 

Maybe they want Kuzy?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Doubt it considering the selection of the coach.  This management group has serious character issues and has shown a willingness to disgrace the franchise in the past.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Doubt it considering the selection of the coach.  This management group has serious character issues and has shown a willingness to disgrace the franchise in the past.

I certainly didn't like how they vetted people (Colliton, Tocchet, Doerrie), but 2 out of 3 of them have done very well performance wise.