Canadiens place Gustav Lindstrom on waivers

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I think it's a demotion. 

You're likely right.

I cant help but feel like some dominos are about to fall. We're at the halfway mark of the season. Teams have a strong understanding of where they measure up and what pieces are missing. The trade deadline is no longer the big day it used to be.

Every little transaction now I'm starting to feel might be the start of something much bigger! 

Which team is going to blink first and solidify their roster!? Who knows!

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Top 4?  He's bottom pair at best.  If Myers could be moved simply to gain cap space to acquire a 2C, then I'm good with a waiver claim here. 

I agree, I think he's a stop-gap insurance policy if some of our prospect D are moved, or as in ur example if TM57 is moved before or at TDL

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No idea why you think waiver fodder on a crappy Habs team is a top 4 Dman. 

I don't think that at all, I put that in quotes for the exact reason that's happening now - for discussion.

Dobber Sports was where the quote was from (IIRC)

Personally, I think he fills a 6/7 need as insurance if TM57 is shipped out, or in the least as RD depth

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

More or less.  Thing is... we don't need a 6/7 D-man.  That's Juulsen and Myers are for.

Someone is always injured.  

We won't have Myers next year.

Same, same, all same. I like him better than Mark Friedman who sits every game.

Which gives us a 2knd year for Willander to play at BC & develop, get some offensive reps & PP time without Lane Hutson who is expected to turn pro.

27 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Someone is always injured.  

We won't have Myers next year.

Same, same, all same. I like him better than Mark Friedman who sits every game.

Which gives us a 2knd year for Willander to play at BC & develop, get some offensive reps & PP time without Lane Hutson who is expected to turn pro.

You're looking way too long term - the problem is more simple.  It's just a matter of roster space.  We already have 8 defenceman on our squad, with one spare forward.  Adding another depth D-man forces us to waive another (Friedman).  And then he will probably get claimed.

The only real reason Friedman hasn't played is because Vancouver has been the healthiest it's ever been in my lifetime.  Surprisingly, someone is NOT always injured.  We have had a maximum of two skaters (none of our stars) out any given point, which is why our team has played so well.  Claiming Lundstrom doesn't make us better or worse.  It doesn't add - it merely replaces.  And to that end, I don't see the point of it.

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Being saved by playing with Hughes and then Josi doesn't make Schenn a top 4 D. At his best, he's a reliable bottom pair dman. The play dies on his stick. 

21 and 17 pts in 2 years with Van while being our top shut down dman shows the play didn't die on his stick like you claimed .25ppg and .38ppg respectively.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

21 and 17 pts in 2 years with Van while being our top shut down dman shows the play didn't die on his stick like you claimed .25ppg and .38ppg respectively.

Lol ok... pass the puck to Hughes, stand still, and rack secondary assists. He's a good dman and he's solid at what he does --> block shots and hit everything that moves, clear the crease. No way in hell is he top 4. Before playing beside 2 phenomenal puck moving dmen, he was waiver fodder. It isn't a coincidence.