[RUMOUR] Hanifin to the Panthers

• Dom changed the title to [RUMOUR] Hanifin to the Panthers
16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Panthers gonna have numerous tough decisions to make this offseason, they're likely gonna lose at least one very good player for nothing

At some point you need to go whole hog. I can't see any team favoured over the Panthers at this stage. They will be the team to beat. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This makes sense for Florida to go all in as they have so many UFA's this summer that they can't possibly bring them all back.  Problem is they don't have a first round pick until 2026.  I'm assuming Anton Lundell would go back the other way plus their 2025 2nd and a top prospect.  Not sure who their top prospect is...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This makes sense for Florida to go all in as they have so many UFA's this summer that they can't possibly bring them all back.  Problem is they don't have a first round pick until 2026.  I'm assuming Anton Lundell would go back the other way plus their 2025 2nd and a top prospect.  Not sure who their top prospect is...

I'm just speculating but I think the reason Florida seemed to go for the "quicker solution" to success (I *think* their farm system is fairly bleak and I don't think they have a first round pick for the next two years) is due to them having to deal with a far more successful franchise in their state (Tampa Bay).  

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Caboose said:

At some point you need to go whole hog. I can't see any team favoured over the Panthers at this stage. They will be the team to beat. 

I don't disagree, this season will likely be their best shot 

Panthers need to make their move for a Cup almost as much as us. If not more already. We will have cap issues when OEL's buyout ramps up and when Hronek and Petey's extensions kick in. Interesting to see a Panthers/Canucks final. Two teams desperately looking to get over the hump and win their first.

2 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Hughes - Ekblad

For a guy who doesn't score that much and who tends to miss a bunch of games per season, Aaron's price tag is a bit too rich for my liking, even though he's a UFA in two seasons.  We can't afford two $7+ million RHD even if Myers is coming off the books when we still need to re-sign Hronek and decide what to do with Lindholm.

• Cheers 1

Yeah yeah, send him to florida!!!!! Then hopefully they let Forsling walk, and we can lure him back and right a previous wrong.................. a man can dream.

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If he goes to florida i wonder what conroy will get for him.

conroy been setting the bar kind of low in regards to returns outside of lindholm

well Kuzmenko sure looks like a cap dump and not an asset....

11 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

They must have some kind of planned extension in place here.  Otherwise I'd probably just try and extend Montour.

Maybe just a rental like Lindholm is for the Canucks...

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Maybe just a rental like Lindholm is for the Canucks...

It would be more like trading Lindholm right now for... Sean Monahan.  Both similar roles, both free agents in July.  I just don't see the purpose of such a lateral trade.  What does Noah Hanifin provide that Brandon Montour doesn't?