[RUMOR] Crosby considering 3 teams

This is just some made up rumour.  Even if Bob Mckenzie said that, all he was probably replying to was a question of what teams Crosby might be interested in if he were traded.  

I'd put this in the proposals section before this gets traction in here.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This is silly. 

If Gretzky can be traded, anything can happen. Especially since sid is a UFA in a year and Dubas is rebuilding

Edited by Codez
  • Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Codez said:

If Gretzky can be traded, anything can happen. Especially since sid is a UFA and Dubas is rebuilding

Crosby has another year on his deal.   PIT retaining 50%.   To go play with his pal McKinnon is the most likely outcome.   Although it's hypothiszed,  Allvin and Tochett give us the upper hand.    They'd get a boatload for that trade.   And it's not like trading Gretzky in his prime either.    More like the LA trade to St.Louis.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Crosby has another year on his deal.   PIT retaining 50%.   To go play with his pal McKinnon is the most likely outcome.   Although it's hypothiszed,  Allvin and Tochett give us the upper hand.    They'd get a boatload for that trade.   And it's not like trading Gretzky in his prime either.    More like the LA trade to St.Louis.   

Nick kypreos also brought this up yesterday on radio and i completely agree. I can't imagine Crosby stays in Pitt for 3-4 years through a retool for a chance at the playoffs in his 40s. 

If we can get him that would be pretty amazing. If not I agree I'd love to see him get a crack at another cup with Mackinnon as they are both from the east coast

Edited by Codez

Just now, Codez said:

Nick kypreos also brought this up yesterday on radio and i completely agree. I can't imagine Crosby stays in Pitt for 3-4 years through a retool for a chance at the playoffs in his 40s. 

If we can get him that would be pretty amazing. If not I agree I'd love to see him get a ctack at another cup with Mackinnon as they are both from the east coast

The main pens writer was on with Marek this week, said there's a minus one billion percent chance of sid going anywhere 

Just now, Bob Long said:

The main pens writer was on with Marek this week, said there's a minus one billion percent chance of sid going anywhere 

I heard this also the past week. I just don't see Crosby spending the last years of his career on a rebuild and potential aging bubble playoff team. 

I think there is something here regardless where he goes. 

2 minutes ago, Codez said:

I heard this also the past week. I just don't see Crosby spending the last years of his career on a rebuild and potential aging bubble playoff team. 

I think there is something here regardless where he goes. 

He's a lifer there. Maybe that idea seems unimportant to you, but it means a lot to him.