Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

I went Canucks in 5. The Predators are a good team but the Canucks are just too much for them. We dominated the season series but the games were closer than they looked. I think the Preds win at least one but ultimately fall. 

• Cheers 3
  • MillerTime 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I went Canucks in 5. The Predators are a good team but the Canucks are just too much for them. We dominated the season series but the games were closer than they looked. I think the Preds win at least one but ultimately fall. 

That game canucks beat them 3-2 felt like 10-2. Absolute domination. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I'm just so glad we're not playing LA.  I waited a decade for this, and I'd be so pissed if we had to watch boring ass LAK hockey and possibly get eliminated in the 1st round.

No matter what happens, these games against NAS should be entertaining.

Teams are built so much like each other, but I give the Canucks a slight edge:

Miller and Hughes > Forsberg and Josi

Pettersson = O'Reilly

Demko > Saros

Hronek > Mcdonagh

Garland > Evangelista

Joshua > Sissons

Boeser = Nyquist
Hoglander = Novak

Mikheyev < Zucker

Overall, it should be a close series.   With the league having so much parity, the 1st round could come down to the team with the lucky bounces.

Yeah I wasn’t looking forward to LA as a possible opponent 💤

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Someone channel their inner Ryan Kesler and dominate the Preds!

That’s where a Lindholm mode kicks in. 

Good player on his day but never super duper special, then comes out of nowhere to just say ‘this one is mine’.

I think Canucks in 6. Nashville has improved from when the Canucks dominated the season series against them earlier in the year and that combined with the Canucks playoff inexperience I think will make it a close series but in the end I just feel like the Canucks are a better team on paper and I feel like stylistically the Canucks match up pretty well against them. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Ryan can't skate like that anymore 

Calling Nucks in 6 but won't be surprised if we lose

Nucks fans largely wanted Nashville over LA or Vegas, but guess what, Preds fans wanted Vancouver over Dallas 

Should be fun

I think matchup favors both Nashville and Vancouver compared to other opponents, so not surprised that Nashville fans wanted Vancouver (and vice versa).

This is a much more cohesive Nashville team so I can also see the Canucks losing the series - not a guaranteed outcome by any stretch.

I think the Canucks' bigger defence core could make the difference in the series provided they don't take too many penalties. I also think we could see EP start showing more life, and Lindholm could be a major difference if he's still playing in a 3C role.

• Cheers 2