[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

52 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If ray starts doing radio ads for divorce lawyers we will know why 

54 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If ray starts doing radio ads for divorce lawyers we will know why 

9C813939-CDB3-43EE-88F1-66CFE831D8F8.png

• ThereItIs 1

Wednesday is gonna be a good day for me. Some money coming in and start of round 2. Go Canucks. A lot of analysts think we're pretenders. Most have us toast in 5 games. Felt like people wrote us off vs Nashville too. Lack of respect to this team. Might be good to be the underdog.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Wednesday is gonna be a good day for me. Some money coming in and start of round 2. Go Canucks. A lot of analysts think we're pretenders. Most have us toast in 5 games. Felt like people wrote us off vs Nashville too. Lack of respect to this team. Might be good to be the underdog.

People were writing us off before the season and looked what happens. embrace the hate. if we are firing on all cylinders we can beat any team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

The only two remaining Canadian teams and we still can’t get a Saturday night of Canucks playoff hockey. Stupid NHL.

Game 6 on Sat

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Good, give the guys some more rest. With any luck Demko back this series

At this rate we'll get Poolman back

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Integra250 said:

How can Ferraro pick against the team he does colour for? And the team where his wife is the AGM. Lmao.

It's almost as if some people are capable of separating reality from fandom.

Looks like the Oilers are pretty heavily favored almost everywhere.

Having said that I like our chances of making it close and possibly winning.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Sunday gonna be like a 12PM start?

i think a 2pm/4pm start would be nice, especially because than the rogers arena viewing party will be easier for families to get to. i want to take my niece and nephew but if its 6 or 7pm its too late on a school night.

The good thing about playing another Pacific division opponent is no more 2, 430 or 5pm start times. As long as I get off work on time I won't miss parts of the game.

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Win game 1.  Plant some doubt in oilers.  

I will add General Zeke, Chaos "Loveable" Giraffe and Soucy open a can of Whoop-Ass on anything not wearing a Canucks jersey that wanders within range. Set the tone game 1, take a penalty or three and rely on the 85%+ PK to bail out the rough play. Make the Oilers hurt if they want to win!

GO MY BELOVED CANUCKS!

Let's Get it ON!!!!!!! Can't F-ING WAIT!!!!!

R.c61b407257c30373b1c3c65cf6b79ea5?rik=H

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah.  Before we played Nashville it was pretty clear the pundits have no idea what to make of us… and after beating Nashville without blowing them out, they’re still undecided.  Oilers are playing very well, though. 

This is where we build our reputation I guess - if we beat the Coil I doubt we’ll be easy underdogs next season. 

With that said, the two playoffs this core have participated in, they’ve won 3 series so far.  And took a powerhouse Vegas team to 7 in the loss.  Pretty stark contrast to the sad sack Leafs - and shows there’s some heart under the hood.

• Like 3