[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

10 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

It's no secret, Connie is the best player in the world and Dryercycle is also excellent, but for the Oilers it all revolves around those two guys.

Whereas the Canucks are a tight group with a ton of heart and determination. They've been underdogs all year and have proved everyone wrong. They play as a team, with a hell of a coaching staff, and not relying on one or two guys to win it all for them. Let's knock those Oiler a-holes out.

Tocchet has been showing this group all season how to win no matter what kind of game our opponent wants to bring. 

With an opponent like the Oilers, we have a physical group who can keep the offensive players on their toes. You don't think McDavid is going to be thinking where Big Z is when he crosses the blue line with speed? 

..............or getting to the front of the net with players like Z, Myers, Cole or Soucy in his way? 

Other then Petey, this group is used to playing this type of hockey and we will not be intimidated by McWhiner and Co. Our Mental Toughness is going to help us overcome a gruelling series like this. I think Petey will eventually come around though, we have not peaked yet.

Another aspect that we have worked on is the teams resiliency when facing adversity. We were able to spring back from a bad loss I am not sure Edmonton has that same ability. 

Edmonton's success is based mostly on two players and their PP. We rely on our entire team play. 

I give a game to the duo and another to the PP, we will win the rest. GCG! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

Interesting to hear Tocchet say that the NHL had a meeting with the teams today and one of the points of emphasis was embellishment. Heading into a series with the Oilers, who we know ( cough cough McDavid ) are willing to do what they have to do to create PP chances, that could be very important if the refs aren't going to fall for it. Or better yet, just call the embellishment penalty as unsportsmanship 2 min. penalties. 

The meeting comes just in time, you know the Oilers are going dive & try everything to get their dangerous PP on the ice. The refs need to be sharp.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Exactly.  Such a STUPID argument that canucks just shouldn't put themselves in the position ... for diving and embellishment. 

So what? Don't touch the Oilers then?  A gentle tap of a stick is all it would take if the player collapses.

Everyone talks about McDavid diving but we forget we our own guy going down as well

• Confused 5

Just now, Grinch said:

Everyone talks about McDavid diving but we forget we our own guy going down as well

Who's embellishing on the Canucks?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

You're right; especially since other teams have already started the 2nd round.

My propeller on my tinfoil hat is still receiving anti-Canuck vibes about this delay.

I saw something a couple days ago on SportsNet that said the Canadian teams in the playoffs were Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Toronto.

No mention whatsoever of the Canucks.  

Maybe they are all resentful because it is so nice here and it is not so nice in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, or Ottawa.

But there is definitely an anti-Vancouver/BC bias out there in the rest of this country and maybe it is based in jealousy.

page forums GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

Not sure If this was posted earlier..

image.thumb.png.dfb86edc9b4904578b7f38256aa9e44f.png

let’s prove them wrong boys!! Nothing like being an underdog!!

No one knows for certain but I like this one, Should be an entertaining series with drama and controversy mixed in

EA Sports predicts the Vancouver Canucks will win the 2024 Stanley Cup, defeating the Boston Bruins in Game 7 of the Finals. By the Numbers Vancouver starts their playoff run with a sweep of the Nashville Predators. They defeat the Edmonton Oilers in six games and the Colorado Avalanche in a seven-game series.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, bh90 said:

This is going to be a fun series.

Oilers are a very good team but I think the Canucks can keep up

We need to split up Peteys line though.

Hoglander should go back to 4th line so he gets more minutes vs 3rd pair D. That's when he had his most success.

Put Petey on Lindholms wing and bring Bluegs back on 3rd line

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Petey - Lindholm - Lafferty

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Aman - PDG/Mikheyev

I'd switch Lafferty and Mikheyev but I like it

20 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

No one knows for certain but I like this one, Should be an entertaining series with drama and controversy mixed in

EA Sports predicts the Vancouver Canucks will win the 2024 Stanley Cup, defeating the Boston Bruins in Game 7 of the Finals. By the Numbers Vancouver starts their playoff run with a sweep of the Nashville Predators. They defeat the Edmonton Oilers in six games and the Colorado Avalanche in a seven-game series.

Not sure my heart can withstand another 7 game SCF series against the Bruins 🤪

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Oilers are a lot more than just Mcdavid and Draisatl.

The additions of Kane and Hyman along with RNH really rounded out their top 6. 
Along with additions like Henrique and Perry plus others and they have a solid forward group. Their forward group might even have an edge on our forward group.

Our defence is a lot better than theirs though. And hopefully better goal tending as well. 

It will not be easy, should be a pretty fair series.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, grumpyone said:

Interesting to hear Tocchet say that the NHL had a meeting with the teams today and one of the points of emphasis was embellishment. Heading into a series with the Oilers, who we know ( cough cough McDavid ) are willing to do what they have to do to create PP chances, that could be very important if the refs aren't going to fall for it. Or better yet, just call the embellishment penalty as unsportsmanship 2 min. penalties. 

I hope the meeting also discussed that cross-checking penalties should apply to both teams and not just the Canucks.

• Vintage 3

22 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Along with additions like Henrique and Perry plus others and they have a solid forward group. Their forward group might even have an edge on our forward group.

Our defence is a lot better than theirs though. And hopefully better goal tending as well. 

Their top 6 is better than ours, but their bottom 6 is lacking. The problem with the players you mentioned is they all rely on McD or Dria to produce. When Edm stacks a #1 line, the 2-4th are poor. IF they can balanced lines, they are better.

In all honesty, it simply comes down to work; Canucks out work their opponents 90% of the time...shift after shift. We role 4 lines, with our top 9 all sharing minutes and producing. We are a frustrating team to play against because of that. Edm is a lazy team that has fits of greatness. That's how we have beaten them; simply out worked them. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Exactly ... good old Mysie, putting the family jewels on the line for the team 😉

2 minutes ago, DumpnChange said:

I hope we see Podkolzin up and making an impact this series. 

He might, if Abby get eliminated on Tuesday.  If that happens I think we'd see Bains and Karlsson brought up too to join the Black Aces. Prolly Wolanin and McWard as well

30 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Ceci, Desharnais, and Kulak wouldn't crack our lineup. Their D is garbage beyond comprehension. They got lucky with LA - LA was the perfect matchup for them.

Their D will melt when our forwards attack their zone with speed