[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

Last game I listened to on 650 Sat was laughing at the notion of Silovs becoming a starter down the playoffs if Demko did get reinjured. Crazy how it actually happened. Silovs over Desmith. I'd say you give Arty another chance at home here. It's unbelievable both our goalies are giving us more than a chance while Demko is out. We're mounting comebacks and winning 1-0, 2-1 games it's insane!! A lot of this run now belongs to our 23 yr old rookie Goalie! 

39 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Resilience : when Canucks are down by 2 in the 3rd and find a way to come back and win. 

Vancouver Cardiac Boys

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Wow what a game! This is certainly a lot more entertaining than the last series!

When down 4-1, I somehow knew we’d pull it off as Edmonton seemed a little fortunate to be up by 3. 

Glad Drysaddle is banged up and I hope we keep up the physicality against their top players, so they’re all pretty banged up.

My only complaint is about Ian Cole. A rough night at the office for him. Hope he bounces back. 

Edmonton coach said crysitle had cramping 

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Honestly, I think you had to ride the hot hand this game. But yeah, DeSmith needs to go in game 2. Expecting Silovs to pull a Cam Ward was a bit much. Lol.

Disagree, the only goal he could have been better on was the second goal, but Arturs was completely screened and guessing on a side the shot would be coming to,  he over reacted, a regular DeSmith problem. None of the other goals were his fault either, Cole left Hyman all alone on the first, deflected the third goal in, and Myers' stick altered the release of the forth goal making it go five hole instead of far side, where the blade angle read had it going.  All likely would have gone past Demko. You stay with the hot hand, he survived game one jitters and will be better in Game 2.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Was with 3 fellow Canuck fans here in Edmonton watching the game  - couple of family members who are Oilers fan were texting me when it was 4-1. End of the night (much like the city) it was so quiet 🙂

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Just watched hockey guy's review of this game. He made a great point at the start. Boston down 4-1 to Florida and started gooning it up. Canucks on the other hand, down 4-1 and decided to just come back and win. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Last game I listened to on 650 Sat was laughing at the notion of Silovs becoming a starter down the playoffs if Demko did get reinjured. Crazy how it actually happened. Silovs over Desmith. I'd say you give Arty another chance at home here. It's unbelievable both our goalies are giving us more than a chance while Demko is out. We're mounting comebacks and winning 1-0, 2-1 games it's insane!! A lot of this run now belongs to our 23 yr old rookie Goalie! 

I think a lot of us were brushing off the idea of Silovs coming in UNTIL DeSmith went down to injury - then the magic of playoffs and riding the winning goalie largely took over 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Knoblauch on Draisatl: cramping and equipment issues 

Canucks: hit the ever loving shit out of Draisatl next game 

Equipment issues?? Wore his jockstrap backwards??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Knoblauch on Draisatl: cramping and equipment issues 

Canucks: hit the ever loving shit out of Draisatl next game 

It’s most unfortunate for him to get his monthly visitor during tonight’s game.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1