[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Round 2 - Game 6

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

In 12 playoff games:

Hughes - 0 goals

Hronek - 0 goals

Pettersson - 1 goal

Hoglander - 1 goal

Garland - 2 goals

Pitiful production. How did they make it this far? Sheesh.

JR and Allvin still have some major surgery to do. Enjoy the last game. Go Canucks Go.

Hogs disappointed me the most tbh, thought he was going to be a wrecking ball in the playoffs.

Make it hard for them. This is the type of stuff....in their face. Skinner's easy to rattle...get in his crease and cause chaos. The pretty goals are nice but mix it up.

• Like 1

every year i am surprised with the fans subpar expectations that even if we loose game 7 its a good season?

its been 50 odd years and we had plenty of good seasons, is it really that difficult to win a cup?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Stop with the negativity 

Miller 12 points

Boeser 12 points

Boeser 7 goals

Lindholm 5 goals

Joshua 4 goals

Zadorov 4 goals

Miller 9 assists 

Hughes 9 assists 

Yes some players aren't really going but they have played a great team game.

Go Canucks Go

And realistically if EVERYONE was firing on all cylinders, we'd probably win the cup.  That's what most championship teams are... a team where everyone hits their stride at the right time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

And realistically if EVERYONE was firing on all cylinders, we'd probably win the cup.  That's what most championship teams are... a team where everyone hits their stride at the right time.

We need a 2 point game from Pettersson and a 100mph Hronek bomb goal to open the flood gates, in game 7.

Really those are the only 2 that need to get going

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

every year i am surprised with the fans subpar expectations that even if we loose game 7 its a good season?

its been 50 odd years and we had plenty of good seasons, is it really that difficult to win a cup?

Piece of cake I won  2 last night

Posted (edited)

A lot of times you can point to a desperate team overcoming one that's playing great, but I don't think Edmonton elevated their game all that much. We just played like crap. Honestly baffling after we looked like a team that had finally figured it out last game and were ready to dominate going forward. I still want to beat Edmonton, but that's not a team that's going to win the Cup.

The backslide in effort combined with some uncharacteristic mistakes really make for a poor effort last night. I could see that first zone entry on the power play was less than inspiring like we saw two games ago. Then Hughes of all people with the terrible flyby on the first goal, followed by Soucy and Myers getting crossed up for another, and it just slipped from there.

Edited by elvis15
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't agree with "some major surgery". Really?

How about the most hyped superstar in the NHL to this point in this series?

McDavid - 1 goal

Up until last night, it's been anyone's game. Last night was a huge adrenalin pump for the Oilers....lose at home with all the predictions to breeze through this series and then you're talking.....major surgery. They knew that and played like it.

It's true. The "give the other guys credit" statement is a cliché, but it's a cliché for a reason.

The Oilers we're playing like they had everything to lose. Canucks didn't. 

Hopefully the Canucks know now their effort needs a reboot and bounce back Monday.

28 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

That and wear the black flying skate with Aquaman standing at center ice with a check in hand saying, "$1,000,000 here Bettman, let me know when it runs outs" and run the black skate jersey the rest of the playoffs.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, gwarrior said:

I 100% agree. There better be an "AR-TY, AR-TY" chant. Poor kid got no help tonight. We gotta give him a boost!!!!! He's done nothing other than give the guys a chance to win!!!!!

Hey!

Have we all forgotten the “Casey, Casey, Casey” chanting debaucle so soon?!

DeSmith was serenaded to his name barely after puck drop, during play, without having had the time to settle in…and the very first shot on goal by Edmonton, went into the net. What a senseless distraction by his own fans - no less! 

Fans chanted Casey’s name - to encourage him. BUT, Demko, DeSmith & Silovs are not just any regular players out there, requiring adrenaline to get through a mere 45 second shift! Goalies need to be lazer-focused….& calm.

Goalie chants are typically deployed as punk-moves for distraction by the opposing team’s fans & for this purpose. Even these chants frequently back-fire as opposition players get all fired up with anger for the mocking of their teammate(s). Queen Karma says goalie chants are generally - bad.

Cheer Silovs on to victory in the usual way & DON’T chant his name during the early stages of play in the next game…. & definitely not before he’s had a chance to handle the puck or make a few saves. 

A chant during play stoppages as a reward…fine! But, if someone starts an Arty, Arty, Arty, chant too early on & during play….stand-up to shut it down, for Pete’s sake!

Have we learned nothin’ ??? We expect the players to grow from these play-off experiences …& so must we as their fans! 

Stay positive people! Go Canucks Go!!! Cheer for good plays & our skaters!  Let our goalies focus on stopping the puck! That’s the job,…not glancing admiringly up into the stands, or hearing a plethora of distracting voices in his head. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Disappointing in the beginning with 2 power plays against a fragile goalie with nothing to show for it. I think Edmonton has a good read on the cute back pass by the D for the zone entry. Must adjust.

Neither team has been able to win 2 games in a row.  Nucks need to regroup and get their game

on track.  Play hard; Play smart; Play fast and Play for each other.  Win or lose: be proud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantomex said:

Abysmal effort. Worse than game 4. Time to wake up and get back to work boys, win the day.

EDIT: I woke up feeling better knowing full well that they all know that was unacceptable. I am looking forward to a bounce back game and a much better effort. Win or lose, this season has been a ride. First taste of REAL playoff hockey for many of these guys, they will be better for it either way.

If they played well and lost 5-1 i would be concerned 

but last night it looked like they werent even trying

if they put in the effort they are capable of they will win

also, theyve won all the odd numbered games

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

If they played well and lost 5-1 i would be concerned 

but last night it looked like they werent even trying

if they put in the effort they are capable of they will win

also, theyve won all the odd numbered games

Lesson: do not go into a potential series winning game feeling overconfident.

Lesson: learned. 

The Canuck core is getting some great experience in these playoffs.