Arshdeep Bains | #80 | LW

34 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I think Bains slips quite nicely into Di G's spot on the Miller line but for now Di G is doing great there. It's a good problem to have. Once we move a winger I think we will see Bains. Beau is just keeping a spot warm. 

Interesting.... is Bains as capable forechecking as PDG?

7 hours ago, Hammertime said:

I think Bains slips quite nicely into Di G's spot on the Miller line but for now Di G is doing great there. It's a good problem to have. Once we move a winger I think we will see Bains. Beau is just keeping a spot warm. 

I agree, I think Bains sees time in Vancouver this season and will be a full time guy on the team next season.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 7:12 PM, VegasCanuck said:

I agree, I think Bains sees time in Vancouver this season and will be a full time guy on the team next season.

We need to trade a forward or have an injury or two to manage it though.  Hope he can be a disruptive checker at the NHL level.  

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this guy...

Did you see our first goal? It's like Bains saw it before it happened. He used his own blueline like a gravitational sling so by the time his check knew what was happening Bains already had 20 feet on him. He streaked up the ice, picked up the puck deep where Wouters had managed it up the boards, and put it back to Wouters who one-timed it in. 

All I can think is the organization is keeping him down until a spot looks like it might open up permanently. If he can do this in the NHL then there's no way he'll be sent back down. 

Should call him Brains because of his foresight. 

Edited by Inkidu
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Inkidu said:

Man, this guy...

Did you see our first goal? It's like Bains saw it before it happened. He used his own blueline like a gravitational sling so by the time his check knew what was happening Bains already had 20 feet on him. He streaked up the ice, picked up the puck deep where Wouters had managed it up the boards, and put it back to Wouters who one-timed it in. 

All I can think is the organization is keeping him down until a spot looks like it might open up permanently. If he can do this in the NHL then there's no way he'll be sent back down. 

Should call him Brains because of his foresight. 

I don't see how he's not on the main roster next year. 

Such a good vision to go along with good size and good enough speed.  

We are going to have a logjam of young forwards next year.  

Hogs, Aman, Joshua have shown they belong.  

Karlsson is looking good at NHL level. 

Bains and Podz are up next. 

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/news/arshdeep-bains-named-to-the-2024-ahl-all-star-classic

Arshdeep Bains Named To The 2024 AHL All-Star Classic Bains leads the Abbotsford Canucks with 29 points in 29 games this season.

Fantastic news, I am really looking forward to seeing what Arsh can bring next preseason, hope he makes the big club. With his motor and work ethic, I think he would be an excellent addition to the bottom 6.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Arsh Bains will come up next year because we will lose someone in UFA/RFA. My guess is Lafferty or someone is going to over pay Joshua. 

I expect both Bains and Podz to make the team next year. We will need to bring in some cheaper guys to offset the raises some of our UFA/RFA will get.

• Like 2

Why is it that the team seems to think Karlsson is a better fit or going to perform better in the NHL then Bains?  Karlsson seems more a low level replacement that will take a bit to blend in and fit and perform and we have several shift goal scoring types.  While I see Bains as a player not like our other players, smart hardworking pest.  More like Burrows or Lupul or Peca.  Closest we have to that is Garland. 

I would rather see them call up different players then the same one a few times myself.  I guess they want one player to settle in.  

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Why is it that the team seems to think Karlsson is a better fit or going to perform better in the NHL then Bains?  Karlsson seems more a low level replacement that will take a bit to blend in and fit and perform and we have several shift goal scoring types.  While I see Bains as a player not like our other players, smart hardworking pest.  More like Burrows or Lupul or Peca.  Closest we have to that is Garland. 

I would rather see them call up different players then the same one a few times myself.  I guess they want one player to settle in.  

Karlsson is no slouch in the AHL

he is also born in 99 vs 2000 with his contract expiring this year

management probably wants to see what they have and whether they view him as a player to move forward with

Bains has another year on his contract so there is still time

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

Karlsson is no slouch in the AHL

he is also born in 99 vs 2000 with his contract expiring this year

management probably wants to see what they have and whether they view him as a player to move forward with

Bains has another year on his contract so there is still time

I just think Bains would make the NHL team better.  We seem short of shift disturbers still.