Arshdeep Bains | #80 | LW

2 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

I just think Bains would make the NHL team better.  We seem short of shift disturbers still.  

Its asset management at this point.

And even though he is getting called up he is still not playing much at all. Only 4 games 

Im sure at some point if the need for a roster player is there we could see Bains or if a forward goes on LTIR we may even see Podkolzin

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Its asset management at this point.

And even though he is getting called up he is still not playing much at all. Only 4 games 

Im sure at some point if the need for a roster player is there we could see Bains or if a forward goes on LTIR we may even see Podkolzin

Don't think Podz is waiver exempt anymore so that's a slightly different decision.  

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Don't think Podz is waiver exempt anymore so that's a slightly different decision.  

Yup. IMHAO we see Podz included in a trade before this coming TDL. 
Kuz Missile + Podz + 2024 first for Pinto. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Podz- 10th over all

a 2024 first

Kuze- a guy that likely would have have got a first prior to the last deadline

for a former high second rounder

No thanks.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gurn said:

Podz- 10th over all

a 2024 first

Kuze- a guy that likely would have have got a first prior to the last deadline

for a former high second rounder

No thanks.

Gurn - Thanks for the laugh, your logic is priceless.

I think a 23 year old, right handed centre with decent size… who plays top 9 already is worth a top 20 pick…

kuz is not getting you a first or a 2nd,  Maybe a 3rd. Pods is a wild card. I imagine his worth fluctuates greatly in the eyes of other gms. I think the proposal is more than fair and I like the bones of it.

I would be very careful trading podz though. If you’re getting a younger centre back then the fin makes more sense.

• Cheers 1

On 1/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, Alflives said:

Sens don’t have the cap for that to work. Also 🤢

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just gotta say that when I watch Bains, he's got NHL talent written all over him. Not sure if he's more than a bottom six forward, but he feels way too smart not to make it to the bigs, at least for a little while.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I just gotta say, that when I watch Bains, he's got NHL talent written all over him. Not sure if he's more than a bottom six forward, but he feels way to smart not to make it to the bigs, at least for a little while.

Still hoping for a serious Calder run from Abby. Hoping Bains and Podz will shine there. With all the UFA's on the Canucks there should be an opportunity for a few players from Abby to make next year's roster. Bains is in that mix. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Still hoping for a serious Calder run from Abby. Hoping Bains and Podz will shine there. With all the UFA's on the Canucks there should be an opportunity for a few players from Abby to make next year's roster. Bains is in that mix. 

He is really close to making this team now. I agree though, a Calder run, when and if they get knocked out, come up to the big club for at least a chance to play and practice.

14 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

He is really close to making this team now. I agree though, a Calder run, when and if they get knocked out, come up to the big club for at least a chance to play and practice.

The Black Aces for the Canucks this year will be a fascinating look at the future. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Did he finally make it? How did he do so?

He scored his teams only goal so far.

The AHL has a way better format though. They do a round robin where each team gets to play three times.

The AHL All Star game is soo much more entertaining!

NHL needs to take notes. They do two 5 minutes periods and each team plays 3 games in a round robin. Such a smarter format. Hate the one and done of the NHL all star game.

Bains and the Pacific are about to play in the finals for anyone who’s interested.

• Vintage 1