Arshdeep Bains | #80 | LW

He has the makings of a great agitating forward, McAvoy already hates him lol.

Ash didn't buy into his hype. But I'm sure he took McA number. 

I liked his forecheck. And passing too was very good. He gets his nose in all the board battles too. He was in the right spot in the crease to score and the puck bounced away from him 

Going to the crease is what he should be doing. Can't wait to see more of him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He has the makings of a great agitating forward, McAvoy already hates him lol.

Ash didn't buy into his hype. But I'm sure he took McA number. 

I liked his forecheck. And passing too was very good. He gets his nose in all the board battles too. He was in the right spot in the crease to score and the puck bounced away from him 

Going to the crease is what he should be doing. Can't wait to see more of him.

Bains is fighting for a roster spot and looking good doing so. When Joshua comes back it might be PDG who’s the odd man out. 

18 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Thought he did some good things, but it was clear that he needs more time in the AHL.

He should be very proud though, he has a solid foundation, just needs to clean up a few things.

I can't believe that Dhaliwal let the Canucks beat him to this scoop!😄

• Haha 1

I agree with the move to send him back down. He played well, and now that he has a taste of what it takes to be in the NHL, he can go back to Abbotsford and keep working on his game. We don’t want him in the lineup too often, especially during this slump, where the pressure on him to score and put up points just builds more and more. That’s a good way of breaking a young player’s confidence 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:19 PM, GrammaInTheTub said:

Tocchets comments about his ability to get to the inside really stuck out to me - I noticed it too with some of his entries and board battles. 

When he adds a bit more muscle and speed he's going to be an NHL'er for sure. He has hockey smarts, you can't teach that. He just needs a bit more muscle and to get one step faster

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a kid to watch after the next 2-3 off seasons.  He’s only 23 and has plenty of time to physically mature.  I think he’ll put in the work and by his late 20’s could be a really nice player. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

This is a kid to watch after the next 2-3 off seasons.  He’s only 23 and has plenty of time to physically mature.  I think he’ll put in the work and by his late 20’s could be a really nice player. 

I think he makes the big team out of camp next season, Needs a good summer of training, he was okay when he was up here, he will have learned a lot from his time in Vancouver about the overall pace.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1