Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

32 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Again, I started a thread on the humanitarian situation in Gaza on the old board. 

It was, and still is one of the worst humanitarian crises.

Apart from @Canuck Surfer and @Gurn and one other poster, no one gave a fuck. 

You know what gets under my skin.

Human suffering.

Wherever that is. 

I would start a thread about the Kurds, a

subject I brought up on the old board a few time's. 

I know that no one really gives a fuck about them either. 

Maybe no one cared about your thread, that doesn't mean that they don't care about the issue.

Curious if you believed the spin in Afghanistan when they promised women's education would continue when the US pulled out. I'm sure we can find an NGO link that believed the Taliban at the time.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

We can find crimes against gays in pretty much any country on this planet.

But to be gay in Canada, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Australia etc. is not even in the same hemisphere as being gay in any country with a majority Muslim population. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2021/03/23/crime-report-20-riskiest-places-for-gay-travelers-and-the-5-

safest/?sh=84483a46d1bf

https://www.cntraveller.com/article/safest-countries-for-lgbtq-people

Again, where did I say it was ?

I actually posted articles about gay Imam's in our societies.   

So I have already made the point you are making.

This whole conversation started because a poster stated, they kill gay people in Gaza.

I refuted this by posting an article by an NGO that helps LGBT people across the world.

The article was specifically about Gaza. 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Please do.

Since 2000 there is about as many Kurdish dead in Turkey.  As have died in this Gazan war.  Their displacement in this time frame more than doubles Gazan / West Bank population. Turkey has bigger ''security zones'' in Syria & Iraq, housing more people than the Gazan population in refugee camps, than West Bank. I realize 25 years..., this just Turkey.

It does not take account of those stoned, or beaten to death protesting in Iran, Kurdish civilians slaughtered in Syrian civil war. Or militants involved. It does not take account of their oppression in Iraq,  where open genocide took place. Nobody was herded out of town before being gassed en masse, men women & children, elderly...

I remain of the opinion these are related control struggles to Gaza. Territorial battles by race dominant groups. There is a King in Jordan. A dictator in Syria. I don't know what is going on in Iraq. An autocrat in Egypt, quote / unquote a democracy in Turkey.  Somehow all these groups keep displacing, killing and expelling those who do not belong to their race dominant ruling party. Its fair to ask accountability of Israel with Palestinians, I don't understand why no such movement exists for Kurds.

I know you brother.

I have already commented that you had the compassion to post in the thread I started about the Humanitarian crisis in Gaza. 

I will think about starting one in the next few days. 

As I have already stated, I became aware of their situation due to a TISM song.

Remember we saw them perform for the first time in 20 at the Good things festival in 2022.

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Ok, you want to think fundamentalist Muslims are pro gay, fill your boots. 

Ahh Jim.

Where did I ever state fundamentalist Muslims are pro gay ?

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe no one cared about your thread, that doesn't mean that they don't care about the issue.

Curious if you believed the spin in Afghanistan when they promised women's education would continue when the US pulled out. I'm sure we can find an NGO link that believed the Taliban at the time.

So, they care about the issue, but they didn't care enough to comment in a discussion I started on the subject. 

And this is in relation to your post, that so many people have an opinion on Israel. 

Maybe its because of religion, the thing that you don't like much. 

Over 4 billion people have a " religious " to the " holy " land.

Edit. 

I certainly did not believe the Taliban in regards to their treatment of women.

I just checked for NGO's that " believed " any of the Taliban's claims in regards to women. 

The thing that stands as soon as they came back into power they banned women from  working for NGO's.

So I doubt that any NGO believed that womens rights would be respected after the taliban came back into power. 

And yes Jim, I condemn the taliban on multiple levels.  

Edited by Ilunga

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Again, where did I say it was ?

I actually posted articles about gay Imam's in our societies.   

So I have already made the point you are making.

This whole conversation started because a poster stated, they kill gay people in Gaza.

I refuted this by posting an article by an NGO that helps LGBT people across the world.

The article was specifically about Gaza. 

I am pretty sure that Mahmoud Ishtiwi was killed in Gaza, not only he was labeled as gay, but he was also a group leader in Hamas. The other article that I posted happened in West Bank, this guy was apparently beheaded. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/02/world/middleeast/hamas-commander-mahmoud-ishtiwi-killed-palestine.html

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-israel-immigration-west-bank-gay-rights-ce95f6903faf461502cc0800b272b159

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Speaking of genetically testing  Jewish people. 

https://en.idi.org.il/articles/26956

" The high bar set by Halakha for gaining recognition as Jew, has in recent years been raised even higher by a disturbing trend of using genetic testing to establish candidates' Jewishness - essentially a geneticization of the Jewish people. Currently, such tests are private iniativies that the state's rabbinical courts are prepared to accept as evidence of Jewishness. The willingness of an official body to adopt genetic testing as proof of Jewishness marks the first step in the creation of a genetically based Judaism and the widespread use of genetic databases. Beyond the fact that the use of genetics to prove Jewishness is distasteful, it constitutes a dramatic deterioration of the way we define Jewish people. This is a revolution that must be nipped in the bud. " 

How would you feel if you were forced to take a " Canadian " genetic test.

I wonder what our athiests think about the state's Rabbinical courts, and their actions in regards to this.

But there in lays the rub of all humanity. Judaism is a religion, not a race.

I have always said that, DNA testing proves we came from Africa as the "Human Race". They were not even Africans, because Africa did not exist in name, it was just a piece of land, not named. The same can be said, of all early migration....look at Ukraine, and who has ruled it throughout history. Can anyone say that it belongs to that Country today? It is what blows Putin's argument all to shit!

The same could be said of Palestine, Israel, Syria, Jordan, etc.......where were the borders and when? Or was there even that?  Or was it like what occurs now with over lapping First Nations land claims....."it was mine...no mine!" argument. The same can be said about the middle east. maybe the Roman's will lay claim to it all. (I joke!)

The point is and will aways be with me, migration is a fluid thing, and in most parts of the world, people move around, because of land, war, food, work, women, religion, money, power, etc............just look at the Mexican and Central American migration into the USA for work and a "Better Life", yes, people are still  migrating. Sometimes, forced out, and sometimes for the above reasons.

Do we talk of migration as 1 wave, 2nd Wave, that is it? Or do we talk about migration as constant? DNA  Jews....lol....well there will be alot of people of  Russian heritage, and alot more of Arab Heritage. (Not all Arabs are Muslims!) Nor Jews!

It is all bullshit, and can be changed to suit who ever is arguing, and who ever has the biggest stick!           Human Race!!!!!!       That is it!

Religion....well IMO, they are all fools! Christianity has 31% of the worlds population.....how do they say the other 69% is wrong, and so on and so on, and so on, and so on!

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I am pretty sure that Mahmoud Ishtiwi was killed in Gaza, not only he was labeled as gay, but he was also a group leader in Hamas. The other article that I posted happened in West Bank, this guy was apparently beheaded. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/02/world/middleeast/hamas-commander-mahmoud-ishtiwi-killed-palestine.html

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-israel-immigration-west-bank-gay-rights-ce95f6903faf461502cc0800b272b159

I have already posted an article about the beheading of the man in Gaza. 

As I stated it was an  horrific crime. 

Nothing would surprise me in regards to Hamas.

As for 2 gay men being killed in Gaza, that does not fit the narrative that, if you are a gay man, then you are killed in Gaza.

Which was the premise that started this conversation.

Did you bother to read the articles I posted about gay men's experiences in Gaza ?

As for the US 

" Suffering in the shadows: More than 600 LGBTQ people killed in the US in the past two decades "

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2018/10/31/more-than-600-lgbtq-people-killed-us-past-two-decades-since-matthew-shepard-murder/1670264002/

Which place seems more dangerous for LGBTQ people based on this information ?

44 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

But there in lays the rub of all humanity. Judaism is a religion, not a race.

I have always said that, DNA testing proves we came from Africa as the "Human Race". They were not even Africans, because Africa did not exist in name, it was just a piece of land, not named. The same can be said, of all early migration....look at Ukraine, and who has ruled it throughout history. Can anyone say that it belongs to that Country today? It is what blows Putin's argument all to shit!

The same could be said of Palestine, Israel, Syria, Jordan, etc.......where were the borders and when? Or was there even that?  Or was it like what occurs now with over lapping First Nations land claims....."it was mine...no mine!" argument. The same can be said about the middle east. maybe the Roman's will lay claim to it all. (I joke!)

The point is and will aways be with me, migration is a fluid thing, and in most parts of the world, people move around, because of land, war, food, work, women, religion, money, power, etc............just look at the Mexican and Central American migration into the USA for work and a "Better Life", yes, people are still  migrating. Sometimes, forced out, and sometimes for the above reasons.

Do we talk of migration as 1 wave, 2nd Wave, that is it? Or do we talk about migration as constant? DNA  Jews....lol....well there will be alot of people of  Russian heritage, and alot more of Arab Heritage. (Not all Arabs are Muslims!) Nor Jews!

It is all bullshit, and can be changed to suit who ever is arguing, and who ever has the biggest stick!           Human Race!!!!!!       That is it!

Religion....well IMO, they are all fools! Christianity has 31% of the worlds population.....how do they say the other 69% is wrong, and so on and so on, and so on, and so on!

Tell that to the Rabbinical courts that have introduced genetic testing to " prove your Jewishness ". 

Another thing I have stated countless times, that we can all be traced to a place somewhere in south east Africa, about 200,000 years ago. 

This article states fossil remains dating back 230,000 years ago.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/stories/homosapiens

I have had a couple of interesting conversations with @bishopshodan about the subject, he shares my interest in our origins. 

Religion is just like any other human creation Jan.

It is neither subjectively good or subjectively bad, it is what each person makes it. 

My parents were very religious and I can tell you they were the furthest things from foolish people you could find.

Not only were they highly intelligent and more importantly wise, they showed a lot more empathy, compassion and tolerance for others that some do on this board. 

Why is pedophilia subjectively bad Jan ?

Because the vast majority of us believe that molesting a child in any fashion is a fucked up thing to do. 

Good and bad are subjective things, decided by a majority view in any given society.

Foolish is as foolish does my friend. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Tell that to the Rabbinical courts that have introduced genetic testing to " prove your Jewishness ". 

Another thing I have stated countless times, that we can all be traced to a place somewhere in south east Africa, about 200,000 years ago. 

This article states fossil remains dating back 230,000 years ago.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/stories/homosapiens

I have had a couple of interesting conversations with @bishopshodan about the subject, he shares my interest in our origins. 

Religion is just like any other human creation Jan.

It is neither subjectively good or subjectively bad, it is what each person makes it. 

My parents were very religious and I can tell you they were the furthest things from foolish people you could find.

Not only were they highly intelligent and more importantly wise, they showed a lot more empathy, compassion and tolerance for others that some do on this board. 

Why is pedophilia subjectively bad Jan ?

Because the vast majority of us believe that molesting a child in any fashion is a fucked up thing to do. 

Good and bad are subjective things, decided by a majority view in any given society.

Foolish is as foolish does my friend. 

I can not believe, I agreed with every single talking point you made @Ilunga, lol.......does this happen on CDC? LOL

• Cheers 1

Here is an interview, a few years old; spin by Israel on why they want(ed), support as part of a 'Trump peace plan', to annex part of Judea & Samaria. Parts of West Bank.

I maintain my position that they should be giving back land, not annexing.  I also believe the real solution fits somewhere in dialogue about access. Working together! A potential great bargaining chip for a Palestinian offer towards peace. Access is not ownership or annexation. 

Thats not this video's message, they are spruiking their side but it a great watch if you want insight. 

19 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I wish this thread was more updated and news like the Ukraine thread.  
Too many opinions in here. Hahahahah

It's hard to get updated news when Isreal bans foreign Journalists from entering Gaza.

https://theconversation.com/how-israel-continues-to-censor-journalists-covering-the-war-in-gaza-228241

And kills Palestinian Journalists and media workers that are in Gaza. 

" Over 74% of all journalists killed in 2023 died in Gaza war, per CPJ "

https://www.icij.org/inside-icij/2024/02/over-75-of-all-journalists-killed-in-2023-died-in-gaza-war-per-cpj/

This has continued this year.

https://rsf.org/en/103-journalists-killed-150-days-gaza-tragedy-palestinian-journalism

" The figure of 103 journalists killed by the Isreali Defence Forces (IDF) in five months of war in Gaza is a chilling one. Since 7 October, the day the war began the names of the victims have been steadily added to this continuing tragedy's appalling toll.

Journalists working for TV, print media and multimedia, photographers and camera operators, 91 men and 12 women journalists of all ages, all Palestinians are among this wars victims. They were killed in different places in Gaza from the north to the south including Khan Yunis, showing no part of the Gaza strip offers a refuge for journalists. 

At least 22 of these journalists were killed in the course of their work or because of their work, according to the information collected by RSF. Many of them were reporting in the field and were clearly identifiable as journalists. Others were killed by strikes that specifically targeted their homes. RSF has twice referred the crimes committed against journalists by Israel to the International Criminal Court. "

11 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

It's hard to get updated news when Isreal bans foreign Journalists from entering Gaza.

https://theconversation.com/how-israel-continues-to-censor-journalists-covering-the-war-in-gaza-228241

And kills Palestinian Journalists and media workers that are in Gaza. 

" Over 74% of all journalists killed in 2023 died in Gaza war, per CPJ "

https://www.icij.org/inside-icij/2024/02/over-75-of-all-journalists-killed-in-2023-died-in-gaza-war-per-cpj/

This has continued this year.

https://rsf.org/en/103-journalists-killed-150-days-gaza-tragedy-palestinian-journalism

" The figure of 103 journalists killed by the Isreali Defence Forces (IDF) in five months of war in Gaza is a chilling one. Since 7 October, the day the war began the names of the victims have been steadily added to this continuing tragedy's appalling toll.

Journalists working for TV, print media and multimedia, photographers and camera operators, 91 men and 12 women journalists of all ages, all Palestinians are among this wars victims. They were killed in different places in Gaza from the north to the south including Khan Yunis, showing no part of the Gaza strip offers a refuge for journalists. 

At least 22 of these journalists were killed in the course of their work or because of their work, according to the information collected by RSF. Many of them were reporting in the field and were clearly identifiable as journalists. Others were killed by strikes that specifically targeted their homes. RSF has twice referred the crimes committed against journalists by Israel to the International Criminal Court. "

Sorry homie.  Not reading this.  
You are the number one spammer in this thread.   
Id much rather just read news and updates than the opinion of a terrorist sympathizer/communist

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Sorry homie.  Not reading this.  
You are the number one spammer in this thread.   
Id much rather just read news and updates than the opinion of a terrorist sympathizer/communist

I get it.

You are not interested in facts.

And shove your BS terrorists support crap where the sun don't shine.

I do not support terrorists.

That's a fuckin classic coming from a poster whose user name is a terrorist/hi-jacker.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I get it.

You are not interested in facts.

And shove your BS terrorists support crap where the sun don't shine.

I do not support terrorists.

That's a fuckin classic coming from a poster whose user name is a terrorist/hi-jacker.

The only hijacking going on here has been you and this thread for the last while. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

The only hijacking going on here has been you and this thread for the last while. 

You have named yourself after a Terrorist.

And yet you call me a Terrorist supporter, when not only have I condemned Hamas', but the use of violence full stop. 

Logic is not your forte is it mate.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Does he still present anything he finds on the internet as “facts”? lol

• ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Does he still present anything he finds on the internet as “facts”? lol

EVERYTHING he find on the internet on his pinko websites are facts 

JK

I really don’t care about his opinion. 
I just feel like this thread is now pooched because of the spamming from a certain 1-2 folks.  

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Like 1

The stupidity of war 

" 5 soldiers killed, 7 hurt in 'friendly fire' incident in Northern Gaza's Jabaliya "

https://www.timesofisrael.com/5-soldiers-killed-7-hurt-in-friendly-fire-incident-in-northern-gazas-jabaliya/

" Of the 278 Israeli soldiers killed in the Gaza strip during Israel's ground offensive against Hamas, which began in late October, at least 49 were killed by friendly fire and other accidents, according to IDF data. "

Isreali defence minister Yoav Gallant told Netanyahu " that he must make " tough decisions " to advance a non Hamas governance of Gaza, whatever the personal or political cost because the gains of the war are being eroded and Isreals long term security is at stake. "

" Gallant warned in his address that he will not consent to Israeli civil or military governance of Gaza, and that governance by non Hamas Palestinian entities, accompanied by international actors, is in Israel's interest. 

Netanyahu, he said, must publicly rule out the notion of ongoing Isreali military or civil rule in the strip. " 

" Friendly " killing of soldiers has always happened.

Estimates range from 2-20%.

You can see that the figures above are close to 20% of Isreali soldiers, have been killed by their fellow soldiers. 

Wars are stupid enough in regards to people killing each other full stop. 

People from the " same side " killing each other ?

One can hope Hamas is taking out more of themselves with " friendly fire ".

3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Isreali defence minister Yoav Gallant told Netanyahu " that he must make " tough decisions " to advance a non Hamas governance of Gaza, whatever the personal or political cost because the gains of the war are being eroded and Isreals long term security is at stake. "

" Gallant warned in his address that he will not consent to Israeli civil or military governance of Gaza, and that governance by non Hamas Palestinian entities, accompanied by international actors, is in Israel's interest. 

Netanyahu, he said, must publicly rule out the notion of ongoing Isreali military or civil rule in the strip. "

Whooda thunk Gallant would have a salient point?

To a degree I always believed it was Bibi cow towing to even more right wing extremist positions within his coalition. Headed by Gallant, who is still among the most alarming advocates of profiting via Settlements. Plus other abnoxious views, including which he has been prosecuted for. Not that Bibi is a moderate.