Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

When my wife was on staff and then teaching at the Royal Military College she helped to curate an, i guess, coffee table book of historical photos surrounding the Zulu wars in Southern Africa. We scoured thousands of these kinds of photo's and I always find them of historical interest, a picture is worth a thousand words they say.

This is the Black Watch in the trenches June 1918 on Brown Ridge after the actions at Arsuf. (north of Tel Aviv on the Mediterranean coastline)

undefined

To me it is neat to see the second dude back; i have a picture a friend took of me setting up an explosive tripwire somewhere on earth and my cigarrette is held in the exact fashion in my chapped lips. (yes in hindsight, that does sound suicidal) "the more things change the more they stay the same". I have been nicotiene free for over a decade now! I also find it interesting that the 'ghost images' of two apparent cavalry officers are in the foreground, some error in the photo equipment or method gives the illusion of these tiny shadows in the bottom of the image. POssibly they are from two photos sticking together over time and separated before digitalization? Shrug, interesting to see though. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Calamity K said:

Sarah Silverman trended...then deleted it claiming she was drunk. I believe this was the post.

The post slammed those who called Israel 'inhumane' for cutting off water and electricity to Gaza, reading, in part: 'If Hamas didn't spend billions of dollars on terrorism they would be able to build the infrastructure to support themselves'

Billions of dollars huh. Don’t know if their homemade 50 year old explosives reeks “billions” of dollars of expensive artillery.

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That video is pretty interesting, to say the least. 

It is, although admittedly the Meta censorship bits are of more interest to me as I deliberately follow certain accounts to give me a wider view of what's going on around the world. 

I've been following a number of middle eastern focused instagram accounts for a while, well before the events of this thread, and lately I've seen many of them complaining about their reach, being shadowbanned, and so on. 

Obviously with the new Canadian law regarding news and whatnot what I can access via social media is inhibited sometimes, but there are workarounds. 

Social media is a powerful news source, consider how many posts in this thread and the current/former Ukraine threads have been fueled by twitter/x posts for example. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Calamity K said:

Sarah Silverman trended...then deleted it claiming she was drunk. I believe this was the post.

The post slammed those who called Israel 'inhumane' for cutting off water and electricity to Gaza, reading, in part: 'If Hamas didn't spend billions of dollars on terrorism they would be able to build the infrastructure to support themselves'

I don't disagree largely with the tweet, but someone whose living depends on public perception will certainly want to lead with publicly acceptable narratives. Drunk vs sober actions wold support this, lol.

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Social media is a powerful news source, consider how many posts in this thread and the current/former Ukraine threads have been fueled by twitter/x posts for example. 

I find myself agreeing and disagreeing at the same time.

I am very grateful to the people who have posted tweets that have been the first source of interesting and pertinent information.

I also know I have seen many tweets that just turn out to be completely or partially untrue.

Still, please keep it up everybody.   I truly appreciate it.  

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to know what's what with so much floating around and rising tensions everywhere 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/19/what-hit-ahli-hospital-in-gaza

Watched the video. I'm not sure how they can claim that their "investigation" confirms that it was Israeli strike. They show non-stop video without any evidence of any rocket flying to the target, it's completely dark after the rocket intercept. Israeli rocket strike would have visual confirmation, which there's none. Yet, they make conclusions. I think they misunderstood - hiring someone with British accent to deliver the text doesn't make it suddenly more believable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Watched the video. I'm not sure how they can claim that their "investigation" confirms that it was Israeli strike. They show non-stop video without any evidence of any rocket flying to the target, it's completely dark after the rocket intercept. Israeli rocket strike would have visual confirmation, which there's none. Yet, they make conclusions. I think they misunderstood - hiring someone with British accent to deliver the text doesn't make it suddenly more believable.

I would have to watch it again...I know they did lead to the idea that the final 'strike' they showed was what hit the hospital, implying Isreal, but i dont remember them saying it confirms that it was Isreal

I thought they were just trying to say it was not likely a rocket from Hamas.

Edited by bishopshodan

Just now, Bob Long said:

it is, but it still doesn't really clear up where the blast came from. So if we take it on face value, we're still back to wondering where the bombing initiated. 

yes.

I just typed my thoughts to Roman...

I feel a little like there are eggshells on the floor of this thread...I'll watch my words..

7 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

thats what I noticed as well, there's no claim of where the blast came from, just saying that the Israeli side doesn't have the supporting video.

We need to wait and see what the US evidence is. Its possible that there was no video angle from the ground that proves or disproves anything. 

9 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I'm pretty sure that was my first post in relation to whatever happened at the hospital, although I did read folks going around in circles over it. I'm not interested in going around in circles with anyone over it, if other folks want to they can fill their boots. 

That was one of a few different links I shared, this thread is for discussion and resources and I was providing them. Al Jazeera has been presented in this thread as being credible, so I shared it. 

I'm sure we'll find out more as time goes on. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

yes.

I feel a little like there are eggshells on the floor of this thread...I'll watch my words..

I do feel like it's being moderated a little more strictly than CDC.  I can't say I mind, but it's hard to know exactly where that line is initially.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

yes.

we just have to wait to see what all the available evidence is.

Everyone is supposed to have instant outrage at everything now. Its an interesting video, but also not based on all the evidence yet. Not sure what it really does as we don't know the full extent of the info available yet. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Everyone is supposed to have instant outrage at everything now. Its an interesting video, but also not based on all the evidence yet. Not sure what it really does as we don't know the full extent of the info available yet. 

Not me. Though I admit to getting fiesty about casual convos regarding killing of innocents.

I said what you did, that it was an interesting video. That's all.

In fact it got me thinking more about them lasers....damn Isreal, those things are dope...sure you dont have any on a satellite? California is curious...

Edited by bishopshodan