[Rumour] Columbus engaged in trade talks to move a defenceman

27 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Boqvist is redudent another small offensive minded D... Gubranson God no hahaha. Peeke or Jiricek is all I'd want just my two cents.

On a side note drives me nuts how everyone includes Rathbone on every proposal on this forum...like he's some awesome D... guys an offensive minded D who can't play defense... career AHL guy. His ceiling being generous is a 6 or 7 fringe player. Once again just my take.

True speaking.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Lou said:

Boqvist is redudent another small offensive minded D... Gubranson God no hahaha. Peeke or Jiricek is all I'd want just my two cents.

On a side note drives me nuts how everyone includes Rathbone on every proposal on this forum...like he's some awesome D... guys an offensive minded D who can't play defense... career AHL guy. His ceiling being generous is a 6 or 7 fringe player. Once again just my take.

Yeah, I’m sure management has shopped Rathbone.  

Internet trade proposals always stop at what might be the first offer in negotiation to see if the other team will bite.  

I’ve thrown out (more realistic) proposals .. like say we offered Willander and a pick for Jiricek just as a hypothetical example - and people will shout you down and be like, no you need to offer Rathbone!

Fan base trade proposals almost need to be some kind of fleecing or you get shouted out of the room.

Edited by The Duke
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Yeah, I’m sure management has shopped Rathbone.  

Internet trade proposals always stop at what might be the first offer in negotiation to see if the other team will bite.  

I’ve thrown out (more realistic) proposals .. like say we offered say Willander and a pick in an offer for Jiricek just as a hypothetical example - and people will shout you down and be like, no you need to offer Rathbone!

Fan base trade proposals almost need to be some kind of fleecing or you get shouted out of the room.

I'd do Willander and a pick for a more developed and more physical RD.  I actually really like that proposal.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd do Willander and a pick for a more developed and more physical RD.  I actually really like that proposal.

I just pulled that out of my butt, but yeah haha, I’d do that too!

(probably means it’s slanted in our favour) 😅

Edited by The Duke
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t know if it changes much.

Werenski is a LHD and they’re loaded down the right side. Jiricek can fill in for now.

Could possibly see a D swap then? I dunno, with Werenski out we may see Columbus slide early on 

7 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Werenski just got moved to the IR and they called up Jiricek. Looks like either Jiricek or Boqvist will be moving to the left side? Can’t see top prospect Jiricek getting called up to sit and if that’s the case and Boqvist sits again he could get traded soon.

before I really wanted Peeke but seeing Cole and Myers form a solid 2nd pair makes me think Hughes & Hronek is the way to go. Soucy and Boqvist make a strong 3rd pair 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Canucklehead44 said:

before I really wanted Peeke but seeing Cole and Myers form a solid 2nd pair makes me think Hughes & Hronek is the way to go. Soucy and Boqvist make a strong 3rd pair 

But Cole and Myers are likely both at the end of the year. If we're running with Hughes and Hronek as our top pair it even further emphasizes the need for a matchup second pair. Boqvist is a good offensive defenseman but with Hughes manning PP1 and Hronek likely a better option than anyone else we might pick up to man PP2 we really don't need to add any offense only guys to the defense corps. We would still be better served bringing in two-way guys or defensive-minded guys.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

How did Columbus manage to corner the market on RHD? They iced 4 last night, scratched one, and have 2 more buried in the AHL because there's no room. It's actually ridiculous. Ironically it looks like they could use another LHD.

It's increasingly looking like Peeke is the odd man out though and should be acquirable on the cheap. Even if he doesn't prove to be a true top 4 defenseman, he's easily an upgrade on what we have now and is on a very reasonable contract. I'm still hoping we can get something done to acquire him for one of our wingers.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:55 AM, Canucklehead44 said:

I'd love this! Boqvist was actually who I wanted the Canucks to draft if they couldn't land Hughes. Even though so far he hasn't panned out the way people hoped for, I think he could do well with our hall of fame, and cup winning coaches.

And Rutherford did originally say they were targeting guys 26/25 years and younger. Wouldn't surprise me if that was still part of the plan.

Make it happen, Jim!

Edited by Canuckle
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Canuckle said:

I'd love this! Boqvist was actually who I wanted the Canucks to draft if they couldn't land Hughes. Even though so far he hasn't panned out the way people hoped for, I think he could do well with our hall of fame, and cup winning coaches.

And Rutherford did originally say they were targeting guys 26/25 years and younger. Wouldn't surprise me if that was still part of the plan.

Make it happen, Jim!

honestly, wouldn't mind Peeke or Boqvist. 

On 10/13/2023 at 10:55 AM, Canucklehead44 said:

Mayers and solid should never go in the same paragraph let alone same sentence. 

• ThereItIs 1

Interesting that both Boqvist and Peeke were scratched last game. Anyone know if they’re healthy?

Wonder if they would be able to trade both.

With Severson, Jiricek, and Gudbranson down the right, and Werenski, Provorov, and Bean down the left, they could afford to move both.

What would it cost to acquire both? Garland  and a pick/prospect?

Hughes Hronek

Cole Peeke

Soucy Boqvist

Keep Boqvist for some extra offense and a puck mover for the bottom pair. Trade Myers with 50% retained for anyone that’s willing to take him.

Edited by DeNiro

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting that both Boqvist and Peeke were scratched last game. Anyone know if they’re healthy?

Wonder if they would be able to trade both.

With Severson, Jiricek, and Gudbranson down the right, and Werenski, Provorov, and Bean down the left, they could afford to move both.

What would it cost to acquire both? Garland  and a pick/prospect?

Hughes Hronek

Cole Peeke

Soucy Boqvist

Keep Boqvist for some extra offense and a puck mover for the bottom pair. Trade Myers with 50% retained for anyone that’s willing to take him.

This would be the most complicated part of that transaction. Don’t think anyone would want Myers even at $3 million unless we attached a sweetener.