[Rumour] Columbus engaged in trade talks to move a defenceman

31 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Peeke with his projected WAR of 12% I think is marginally better than Myers. 

Peeke doesn't play anything like Myers FWIW. Schenn is a far closer comparable.

Edited by aGENT

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Go for Boqvist. Decent two way guy on a good deal. I think there’s another level there with him.

Hughes Hronek

Cole Boqvist

Soucy Myers

Get’r done PA!

Cmon DeNiro why do you have to make me disagree with you a lot lately. Do better 

Boqvist is most definitely not a two way guy. He’s pretty much a poorer man’s version of Tyson Barrie.

Peeke would be my choice. Beauvillier 30% retained for Peeke and a 5th.

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I hope we stay away from Boqvist and Bean. Both guys we don't need. Rumors are management is worried about going into the year without Soucy. I don't see how adding one of those two replaces what we wanted from Soucy. Lol.

Yup. Physical, defense first, ability to PK.... Sounds like Peeke to me.

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Go for Boqvist. Decent two way guy on a good deal. I think there’s another level there with him.

Hughes Hronek

Cole Boqvist

Soucy Myers

Get’r done PA!

Hard pass on Boqvist. Not a reflection on his skill just WAY to many injuries. We'd be back in the same situation within a month or two.

I think he's averaging 46 games played per season since coming into the league. 

• ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I like Peeke, but I have a feeling there is not going to be any defense additions at least not early on here. May actually see Bear come back if anything.

Bear isn't due back until Dec-Jan IIRC

18 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Hard pass on Boqvist. Not a reflection on his skill just WAY to many injuries. We'd be back in the same situation within a month or two.

Well... let's say the Blue Jackets are willing to deal both Peeke and Boqvist for Garland & a pick/prospect.... you would wanna bet on Boqvist having a healthy season?? One huge thing that concerns me about Peeke is his +/- !! what's the point of acquiring a durable D-man if he can't defend well? 

16 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I don't mind Boqvist as a secondary puck moving option if we load up on Hughes Hronek as a pairing, but his injury history is terrible. Peeke is the opposite for that, just a couple of games missed the last two seasons, but I wonder if his foot speed/mobility is good enough. How optimally would he mesh with Hughes?

They probably want futures/prospects, when we would need to move cap back (or in a separate deal). Hard to see a good fit, but the way our injuries go out would be nice to pick up a solid depth guy.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I don't mind Boqvist as a secondary puck moving option if we load up on Hughes Hronek as a pairing, but his injury history is terrible. Peeke is the opposite for that, just a couple of games missed the last two seasons, but I wonder if his foot speed/mobility is good enough. How optimally would he mesh with Hughes?

They probably want futures/prospects, when we would need to move cap back (or in a separate deal). Hard to see a good fit, but the way our injuries go out would be nice to pick up a solid depth guy.

They've got $3m cap space and are definitely wanting to win now I think.  I think a guy like Beau or Garland might work for them, if they're looking for a versatile fwd.  I could see Garland fitting in well there.

44 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Bingo. Why we would pursue an injury prone, smallish O-minded Dman that is in the vein of what we already have but far less reliable is beyond me. I wouldn’t give up assets. He’d be more a a Free Agency signing. That is unless we were getting him for peanuts. 

Absolutely must stay away from injury prone players. Havent we learned anything from the past?!?

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Small we go for Bjork for a Studnicka or similar.  Medium would be Garland +/- for Peake. Those, or a bigger package for Jiricek (24 1st plus Hog? +/-) are about the only things I'd be interested in.

I don't think there is any chance they are moving Jiricek for anything like that package. Have to be a big ++.

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

They've got $3m cap space and are definitely wanting to win now I think.  I think a guy like Beau or Garland might work for them, if they're looking for a versatile fwd.  I could see Garland fitting in well there.

Who wants to win now?  Columbus?

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Apparently, they could actually use someone at RW. A Peeke-Garland swap could make sense for both teams.

Would rather a Peeke for Beauvillier trade. I am biased with Garland. Really enjoy watching him play. I know we rather have 2 way versatility with our forwards and paying a 3rd line forward 5 million per, who doesn't play on your first PP or PK for that matter doesn't make sense long term. Buttt, it's Garland. He's entertaining. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, toochmahgooch said:

Would rather a Peeke for Beauvillier trade. I am biased with Garland. Really enjoy watching him play. I know we rather have 2 way versatility with our forwards and paying a 3rd line forward 5 million per, who doesn't play on your first PP or PK for that matter doesn't make sense long term. Buttt, it's Garland. He's entertaining. 

Im the opposite would much rather move garland who doesn't seem to fit with any of our players and his contract needs to go too. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, toochmahgooch said:

The only issue I have with garland is term. Beau expiring contract fits in well with our longer term plans, where we will be paying significantly more to Hronek and Petterson (probably) next year. In addition, the hope would be that Podz or some of teh other dev players in Abotts are soon ready to play in Top 6.

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

If this gets Garland out the door sign me up. Actually I would like to see Peeke as a player on the Canucks too.

I see Peeke as more of a longterm answer at RHD 3rd pair once Willander is ready to take the step. WE really don't have a player at RHD that can play his role...and even more thin on the whole D with Soucy's injury.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Im the opposite would much rather move garland who doesn't seem to fit with any of our players and his contract needs to go too. 

Couldn't agree more. I don't know why some people can't see how obvious it is. He's signed for two more years right during the big OEL hit. Like it's great he's fun to watch but he's a huge obstacle to our getting any better. Do we want to watch cool water bugs who arguably produce at 2nd line levels or do we want to win some playoff games?

• Haha 1