[Rumour] Columbus engaged in trade talks to move a defenceman

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who does Columbus have on D that’s any good they will move for Garland?  We don’t want any Green Jacket winners either. 

CDC has been intrigued by Peeke for a while....

I bet CBJ prefers to move Bean though...

They have a lot of NHL/AHL tweeners that look pretty vanilla - Blankenburg, Bjork, Christiensen local kid...

I would entertain a Hoglander for Peeke trade...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

CDC has been intrigued by Peeke for a while....

I bet CBJ prefers to move Bean though...

They have a lot of NHL/AHL tweeners that look pretty vanilla - Blankenburg, Bjork, Christiensen local kid...

I would entertain a Hoglander for Peeke trade...

Peeke gas three years at close to three per. They’d have to take Garland and add a second. 
Garland for Peeke + a second. 

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Small we go for Bjork for a Studnicka or similar.  Medium would be Garland +/- for Peake. Those, or a bigger package for Jiricek (24 1st plus Hog? +/-) are about the only things I'd be interested in.

I think you can scratch Jiricek off your wish list.  I doubt they have any desire to move him.  If they did it they wouldn't be looking at Hoglander as a piece coming back. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, qwijjibo said:

I think you can scratch Jiricek off your wish list.  I doubt they have any desire to move him.  If they did it they wouldn't be looking at Hoglander as a piece coming back. 

I doubt they'd be moving him either. Just noting those are the the players I'd be interested in. Maybe Podz, +1st+ instead... Didn't put much thought in to it as it's unlikely.

22 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Agree let's be realistic here there's no way they're moving Jiricek. Someone would need to offer them a package they absolutely can't refuse, and our '24 first plus Hog won't do it unless maybe it's a guaranteed top 3 pick. Jiricek is their future RHD on their top pairing. They didn't sign a bunch of Ds to push Jiricek out.

Please Canucks do a thing! Also it’s going to be a roster dman not these prospects people keep name dropping. They don’t need to trade guys they can send down or already have cleared waivers (Bjork). Look at Peeke, Boqvist and Bean as the names most likely to move. I’ve made it known I would gamble on Boqvist because I think you’re buying low on a guy that has had injury problems but still see 40-50 point potential as a top 4 RHD. Peeke with his projected WAR of 12% I think is marginally better than Myers. Also if there’s a Swede available Alvin is interested as he drafts BSA Best Swede Available!

• qwijjibo changed the title to [Rumour] Columbus engaged in trade talks to move a defenceman
53 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Yeah, but do they have any small, soft ones yet?

1 hour ago, DeltaSwede said:

What speaks against a deal with the Canucks is the fact that both teams have a surplus of wingers. 

Apparently, they could actually use someone at RW. A Peeke-Garland swap could make sense for both teams.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1