[Report] Bedard to be fined for not wearing helmet in warm up

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Willingly suiting up for that organization after what they did.

Given his talent, he had the power to say no and play for anyone else.

He didn't. He's a coward.

How do you feel about Germany?

or even Canada?

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Goalie29 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the marketing department's idea and not the players' idea.  Bedard wasn't the only one that went bucketless for their rookie lap.

Apparently it was Corey Perry and a few of the vets saying you only get one rookie lap, so make the most of it. 
Makes for great marketing material. 
Plus wearing a helmet through a full hockey career is likely going to illicit hair loss so probably a good idea to go bucketless as a keepsake memory.

“Bedard's young teammate, Kevin Korchinski, said that it was the other players of the Blackhawks, their new veteran teammates (like Corey Perry) who told them not to wear a helmet during warm-ups.

"They kept saying, 'You only get one rookie lap in your entire life, guys! Make the most of it!', so Connor and I did."

So there you have it! It came from the other Hawks veterans, not from Bedard, but still!”

https://www.habsfanatics.com/The-real-reason-behind-Gary-Bettman-fine-on-Connor-Bedard-is-revealed-and-it-not-what-we-thought-285992

Edited by RWJC

28 minutes ago, Johnny said:

How do you feel about Germany?

I still haven't gotten over that they bombed Pearl Harbour.  Dirty cowards with that sneak attack.

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Apparently it was Corey Perry and a few of the vets saying you only get one rookie lap, so make the most of it. 

heh, not like Corey Perry has to worry about any head injuries.  Nothing there to get hurt.🥸

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I still haven't gotten over that they bombed Pearl Harbour.  Dirty cowards with that sneak attack.

heh, not like Corey Perry has to worry about any head injuries.  Nothing there to get hurt.🥸

Funny you say that. CHI second game of the season Perry went bucketless in warm up!

34 minutes ago, RWJC said:

That's interesting, because I don't think they were the only ones.  I can't remember who, but I'm pretty sure there was a rookie on another team that did the same thing on opening night.

44 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Plus wearing a helmet through a full hockey career is likely going to illicit hair loss so probably a good idea to go bucketless as a keepsake memory.

“Bedard's young teammate, Kevin Korchinski, said that it was the other players of the Blackhawks, their new veteran teammates (like Corey Perry) who told them not to wear a helmet during warm-ups.

"They kept saying, 'You only get one rookie lap in your entire life, guys! Make the most of it!', so Connor and I did."

So there you have it! It came from the other Hawks veterans, not from Bedard, but still!”

https://www.habsfanatics.com/The-real-reason-behind-Gary-Bettman-fine-on-Connor-Bedard-is-revealed-and-it-not-what-we-thought-285992

That's what he gets for signing with 'a team like that!'

Kinda like sending the new stores employee at the hospital up to maternity for some female.urinals .... lots of industries have rookie set up gags and that's what this was ..... even to rookies the fines are pocket change and I'm sure thr vets had a good laugh knowing they feel for it