The Winnipeg Jets are the best?

Those Jets have flown under the radar long enough. They are the best in the west. How can this be, with their line up?

It’s a well balanced team, from the looks of it. Facing them in the playoffs might not be as fun as it was in the early 90s, as they have us beat in a couple of key stats:

- Players under six feet tall = 1 for the Jets, six for Canucks.

- Canadian players = 10 for the Jets, 4 for Canucks.

Just now, Slegr said:

Those Jets have flown under the radar long enough. They are the best in the west. How can this be, with their line up?

It’s a well balanced team, from the looks of it. Facing them in the playoffs might not be as fun as it was in the early 90s, as they have us beat in a couple of key stats:

47885A91-E58C-4D11-B77A-A2A6AE3ADBF8.gif.38047f9c905217672c4c37dc9ab63020.gif

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

We know how to beat them up.

Hopefully they take out Vegas and or LA and we take out Edmonton first, then we. take Winterpeg on our way to playing the Leafs for the Cup. All canadian!

We do be riding with a lot of shorter folks. We are a weird team. Soucy, Demko, Joshua, Mikheyev, Zadorov and Myers are 6'3 or taller. So our team is torn between a good amount of short guys and a good amount of bigger guys. With that said, I dunno if you know this. But we are also a pretty darn good team this year. So I don't think things are going too bad for us given the differences between the rosters.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Hopefully they take out Vegas and or LA and we take out Edmonton first, then we. take Winterpeg on our way to playing the Leafs for the Cup. All canadian!

After every year that the Leafs make it past the 1st round or most recently, the 2nd round, how do people still think they can make it to the finals.

1 minute ago, Law of Goalies said:

After every year that the Leafs make it past the 1st round or most recently, the 2nd round, how do people still think they can make it to the finals.

When you look at CapFriendly they figured out a way. Two hip replacement guys will be available in the playoffs, with no cap issue. They are winning games without them, and without the goalie right now.. Remember when Demmers came back? I think they can go deep this year before the CAP blowes them to smithereens this summer.

37 minutes ago, Tusk said:

When you look at CapFriendly they figured out a way. Two hip replacement guys will be available in the playoffs, with no cap issue. They are winning games without them, and without the goalie right now.. Remember when Demmers came back? I think they can go deep this year before the CAP blowes them to smithereens this summer.

Why do you keep pushing this narrative when it's already been discussed and disproven in the other thread?

17 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Why do you keep pushing this narrative when it's already been discussed and disproven in the other thread?

I gave you the timelines for them coming back! April and June. When do playoffs start?

Not to mention hip replacements have come along way in 2 years and I am sure they got the best treatments. They are just sitting pretty practicing in some rink in Bali.

31 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

And, even if he's right, I don't see Lucky Matt Murray and Klingberg as the missing pieces for the Leafs.

• Cheers 1

With alll the winterpeg vancouver games scheduled so late, Tocc can pick and choose where Jets actually end up in standings. IE, playing for practice or play for a win.

Winterpeg doesnt do the 3D chess thing they will just give us their whole storyline.

Well-balanced dominant teams remind me of Vegas. Very well built for the playoffs, I'd guess, though Vegas has an incredible team-defense mentality that really puts them over the top.

Jets are a very well built team.  Not a single player making over $7.2M until next year when their top paid guy will only be at $8.5M.  1st in the league for a reason.  Depth (not top heavy at all).  They're gonna be a tough team to beat.  To think their top player isn't even playing right now in Kyle Connor.  What's his status anyways?  If he's back for the playoffs, look out.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Jets are a very well built team.  Not a single player making over $7.2M until next year when their top paid guy will only be at $8.5M.  1st in the league for a reason.  Depth (not top heavy at all).  They're gonna be a tough team to beat.  To think their top player isn't even playing right now in Kyle Connor.  What's his status anyways?  If he's back for the playoffs, look out.

I counter with, "but McDavid"

/s

15 hours ago, Tusk said:

I'm thinking we meet the rangers in the finals  leafs won't make it

• Cheers 1

I mean, the bones of a good team were always there, they've been a little disappointing the past couple seasons but they've also only missed the playoffs once since 17-18 and they're on track to make it again. 

Jets have been good enough to make the playoffs for a while, it's the playoffs that they've struggled with, but they've been good enough to be in the mix. Could be the year they go deep again, they may have done more last season if they hadn't run into Vegas in the first round. 

Personally I don't mind the Jets.  They really don't have much else going for them with that city, so a deep playoff run for them would be nice for them.  Well, until they meet the Canucks anyways.

• Like 1