[Speculation] Dach/Primeau for Suter/Silovs?!!???!?!??

6 hours ago, Drakrami said:

When will people stop wasting their time with rumors from blog posts..... 

A blog site quoting another blog site. Can really feel the weight to this one. :hurhur:

For the sake of discussion. Buying low on Dach and selling high on Silovs isn't a bad thing. I don't see a move like this happening any time soon. We have Zadorov, Lindholm, Hronek, Blueger, and Joshua as needing contracts, at least some combination of those guys if not all of them. I don't want to commit money to a guy coming off an ACL injury in Dach before seeing what happens with those guys.

I'd love to steal Dach?  I have no opinion on the goalie side.  Neither Goalie, Primeau or Silovs have been lights out.  But I like the deal; Dach a great target.

I just do not believe Suter is going to do it!  Suter, just my opinion, is perceivably a good trade chip?

Not because he is bad; the opposite.  He has played his 3rd line role, but been able to move up.  Has played with both Petey & the 1st PP at times

While he is good, I put this on good pro scouting.  Most of our pickups have been good, including Suter.  So I believe, said with fingers crossed, we could do it again? Replace his 3rd line role.  A buy low sell high to get Dach who, no doubt, has upside if he can shake off his injury.  He is an NHL centre man's body that is hard to match up against. With great skills.

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

"blue sausage"?

All I's seein' is a red wiener (and a cocktail wiener at that)  :hurhur:

image.png.0ba41d3d15976356d2cd72b7786ded82.png

I'm using the white background. I guess hence the blue sausage tag. Uhhhh.....I didn't know we had options to customize CFF. I mean I'm aware that options as such are available, but I just joined up in here without thought to otherwise. Anywho...........................

Post playoff season and onto the off season will be a very interesting one for sure. If it's already starting via this speculative trade, then it'll be all year fun for sure!

In a way this kind of feels like a proposal forum thread doesn't it!

Cheers.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Sativika said:

I'm using the white background. I guess hence the blue sausage tag. Uhhhh.....I didn't know we had options to customize CFF. I mean I'm aware that options as such are available, but I just joined up in here without thought to otherwise. Anywho...........................

Post playoff season and onto the off season will be a very interesting one for sure. If it's already starting via this speculative trade, then it'll be all year fun for sure!

In a way this kind of feels like a proposal forum thread doesn't it!

Cheers.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

Nah, I'm just teasing ya.  Especially since you invoked the "blue sausage" term, and I felt the itch to share the red wiener.  :hurhur:

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Nah, I'm just teasing ya.  Especially since you invoked the "blue sausage" term, and I felt the itch to share the red wiener.  :hurhur:

Blue Sausage. Red Wiener. That's funny!

I'll throw in some caramelized onions and bbq sauce with my Blue Sausage if you'll include include lotsa' ketchup, relish and diced onions with your Red Wiener!:towel:

• Wiener 1

Suters on such a solid contract and been what our what 6th best forward this year?

so tough to see him going out.

BUT, i am intrigued at the opportunity and bet on Dach though.

I haven’t watched him close. But his profile is rare and would love to add a player his age and size to the group.

But it is weird two teams have given up on him considering his pedigree and unicorn like tools.

i trust our pro scouts and our coaching staff. If they’ve identified him as a guy they can work with is bet on them being right.

7 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

To MTL

milkeyev 

Silovs 

Karlsson

Mcdonaugh

To VAN

Primeau

Dach 

Montreal says hell  no.  Dach is expected to be their 2C moving forward and Primeau has shown he's a good nhl goalie.  Montreal has a deep prospect pool.  They need high end pieces, not more quantity. Plus, Hughes specifically targeted Dach as a player he valued. They aren't going to sell low on him 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Montreal says hell  no.  Dach is expected to be their 2C moving forward and Primeau has shown he's a good nhl goalie.  Montreal has a deep prospect pool.  They need high end pieces, not more quantity. Plus, Hughes specifically targeted Dach as a player he valued. They aren't going to sell low on him 

…or if they have soured on Dach after seeing him up close and things have changed.

if a 2nd team wants to move on him we shouldn’t want any part of him.  Don’t want another Virtanen type who has all the tools but has to be convinced to play.

• Cheers 1

i'ld rather they bre-sign joshua than trade for dach and give silovs a shot as the backup. primeau is supposed to have a great future but maybe silovs does too. it sounds like the kind of trade that could blow up in our faces.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

…or if they have soured on Dach after seeing him up close and things have changed.

if a 2nd team wants to move on him we shouldn’t want any part of him.  Don’t want another Virtanen type who has all the tools but has to be convinced to play.

He's  been injured but when he has played He's looked great. I guarantee it's not a Virtanen situation.  Montreal will happily keep him and let him continue to develop.  Selling him for an underwhelming return isn't going to happen and I'll bet real money on that 

37 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

He's  been injured but when he has played He's looked great. I guarantee it's not a Virtanen situation.  Montreal will happily keep him and let him continue to develop.  Selling him for an underwhelming return isn't going to happen and I'll bet real money on that 

.... he has 130 games played over the last three seasons and 66 points averaging 18 minutes a game.  That equates to 41 points for a full season, which he can't seem to play due to repeated injuries, a third of those points were on the power play.  He has a career faceoff winning percentage of 35%, and struggles defensively so is far more likely to end up a winger in the NHL.  The knock on him is lack of physicality and battle even though he is a big man.  He has all the tools except the mindset to want to use them.

He is 23 already... the odds of him changing his personality on the ice is pretty low at this point.  It isn't skill development like most younger players that he is lacking.

He still has some potential, but there is a reason a team gave up on him already.  He is a project, not a plug and play guy like Suter is.  We (thankfully) aren't in a spot right now to take away guys who are already developed and replace them with worse players who might have more upside.

Why would Montreal do this?

Cayden Primeau is far more established than SIlovs, Dach despite being injured still has massive upside over Suter. Montreal by their beat writers and insiders still suggest that Montreal still very high on both Primeau and Dach as fixtures in their future. 

This rumor makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

.... he has 130 games played over the last three seasons and 66 points averaging 18 minutes a game.  That equates to 41 points for a full season, which he can't seem to play due to repeated injuries, a third of those points were on the power play.  He has a career faceoff winning percentage of 35%, and struggles defensively so is far more likely to end up a winger in the NHL.  The knock on him is lack of physicality and battle even though he is a big man.  He has all the tools except the mindset to want to use them.

He is 23 already... the odds of him changing his personality on the ice is pretty low at this point.  It isn't skill development like most younger players that he is lacking.

He still has some potential, but there is a reason a team gave up on him already.  He is a project, not a plug and play guy like Suter is.  We (thankfully) aren't in a spot right now to take away guys who are already developed and replace them with worse players who might have more upside.

I'm looking at it from Montreals point of view. As you said. He's 23. That fits perfectly with thier developing core. Hrs battled injuries the last few years which has impacted his development but the skills are there and unlike Virtanen he has a good attitude and work ethic.  There's zero reason for Montreal to move him for an older player with a lower ceiling.  They're still rebuilding and specifically targeted him as a player they wanted to aquire 

Edited by qwijjibo

3 hours ago, Provost said:

On top of what you have pointed out, Dach had a season ending injury last October (torn ALC + MLC).😲

He won't return until next season, so who knows how the injury/surgery will affect his performance.

Tough injury to have at just 23yrs old.

I think this a bogus trade speculation.

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Why would Montreal do this?

Cayden Primeau is far more established than SIlovs, Dach despite being injured still has massive upside over Suter. Montreal by their beat writers and insiders still suggest that Montreal still very high on both Primeau and Dach as fixtures in their future. 

This rumor makes no sense. 

If true, think it is more that they think Silovs can lock it down for 10 years for them in net; suter is a short term plug to the hole Dach creates. My guess is that Primeau would stay, unless we fear DeSmith being too expensive next year (he probably would be a target to a team like Edm).

34 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

If true, think it is more that they think Silovs can lock it down for 10 years for them in net; suter is a short term plug to the hole Dach creates. My guess is that Primeau would stay, unless we fear DeSmith being too expensive next year (he probably would be a target to a team like Edm).

It's not true.  I guarantee it. There's no logical reason for Montreal to do this. 

I believe people are barking up the wrong tree if they think the Canucks are moving Silovs. He is highly thought of in the organization and they are heavily investing in him. I would argue he is one of the top prospects this team has and won't budge on. 

Remember DeSmith has played well which has been great, he could even be extended here sure but the team is looking to bring in younger players from their system moving forward. You will see some UFAs extend here. My bet would be Blueger, one of Zadorov/Myers and likely Cole.

22 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If you feel an itch, you'd be best advised not to share it.

On 3/27/2024 at 9:51 AM, Phil_314 said:

If Silovs wants to ask for a payday I'd do the goalie portion of the swap.
Dach might cost too much for us as a depth player given how he also has term, and Suter's been adequate at that pay rate (albeit not a full-fledged top-6 forward).
If we can trade for a fast, grinding winger with some scoring in exchange for Suter then I'd do it, but Dach's injury history so far is also concerning.

His injury is concerning. Do you know what happens to players when they come here to Van? 

They get injured. If Dach's already injured prior to coming here, then he'll be on LTIR once he's arrived here. He won't play a game for us lol.