[Rumour] Ottawa Shopping captain Brady Tkachuk

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t BT best friends with Quinn Hughes? Love to get BT here. 

oh yep. If we can somehow add him and not lose Petey, holy crap. 

So as in all things, what the price? I'd be fine with moving Lekkerimaki, another 1st... thats not enough so what else can we legitimately add?

I'll be surprised if he goes anywhere, he's not the sort of player teams want to move and the acquisition cost would likely be astronomical given he's locked for another four seasons at 8.2M

It'd be odd if they knew he didn't want to be a Senator going forward this far out unless he's requested a trade 

I get that Janssen and Strickland have NHL ties but after poking around reddit and twitter I've yet to find anything that doesn't look like baseless speculation or talk meant to drive engagement 

I've yet to come across anything from the more reputable insiders who break or share significant news 

If there was something to this you'd think there'd be more chatter amongst the larger insiders who do hockey media for a living 

Even the original bit podcast bit says Ottawa "may have" kicked the tires on what a potential return might look, they even say he hasn't asked for a trade

This isn't the type of player Ottawa should be moving, if they can address their bleeding goals they're likely a playoff team next season imo

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Counterpoint, we were a non-playoff team with Horvat, and a playoff team with Hronek. Obviously it is far more complicated then that, but why wouldn't the Sens see the success of us diversifying the roster and focusing on more structured play, and think hell we can do that.

Maybe the trade is Hronek and Lek or something. But I see a world where Hronek to the Sens actually makes a ton of sense.

I don't think Hronek was the tipping point for us to become one of the best teams in the league.  That had more to do with coaching and structure, redoing the entire defence not just Hronek, plus the transformation of Miller into arguably the best all around centre in the NHL.  Not to mention the emergence of Joshua and adding Blueger to have one of the best 3rd lines in hockey.  Hronek is a complimentary piece, same as Boeser.  He has helped Hughes for sure, but I don't think he is the main reason we are Stanley Cup contender.

Do you really think that Ottawa will be a better team if they lose Tkachuk and gain Hronek and Hoglander?  I don't.  They will be worse IMO.  No matter who they trade for they will be a worse team, as Tkachuk will always be the best player in the trade.  Same as if we had traded Petey.  We would have been a worse team without him...

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

oh yep. If we can somehow add him and not lose Petey, holy crap. 

So as in all things, what the price? I'd be fine with moving Lekkerimaki, another 1st... thats not enough so what else can we legitimately add?

Hronek and Ottawa adds Zub?

Hronek + Lekkerimaki + 2025 first for BT + Zub

• Haha 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hronek and Ottawa adds Zub?

Hronek + Lekkerimaki + 2025 first for BT + Zub

I don't think that gets it done if you want Zub as well.  And we would need Zub if we are trading Hronek, unless we are planning to play Juulsen with Hughes.

You'd have to throw in Willander as well into the deal.  It's like trading Petey.  Are you trading Petey for Hronek, Lekkerimaki and a 1st?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think that gets it done if you want Zub as well.  And we would need Zub if we are trading Hronek, unless we are planning to play Juulsen with Hughes.

You'd have to throw in Willander as well into the deal.  It's like trading Petey.  Are you trading Petey for Hronek, Lekkerimaki and a 1st?

BT is a rare player but Cowpieville only got two old craperolla players for his brother. 

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If the strange event that Tkachuk was on the table you've got the think the Sens would be looking for a lateral move too, not a trade mostly comprised of futures. They'd likely want a similar tier forward of similar age back. 

They're a team that can score, trading Tkachuk for futures isn't going to get them to the playoffs sooner than later. Hronek isn't even the sort of D they should be targeting, they need more D whose bread and butter is suppressing goals. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

Mik + Hronek + 1st 2025 + Lekkerimaki for Tkachuck.

Then have a lineup of…

Hogz EP Tkachuk

Podz Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Laff Suter PDG

Aman

2 minutes ago, 404error said:

I’m don’t think you get Brady without giving them Petey. You end up getting another piece back and cap space. Tkachuk would be exactly what you need come playoffs 

BT + Pinto + 2024 first for Petey. Or they can F-Off. 

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Sounds like someone's imagination.  Last interview I saw with Brady he said he loves playing for the Sens.

Yup, trading Brady isn't likely at all unless he actually wants out, which hasn't been reported as being the case. 

He's frustrated, absolutely, but every player who misses the playoffs is probably frustrated about losing. Frustration is a nothing burger unless there's actually something credible about him wanting out attached to it, which there doesn't seem to be. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, trading Brady isn't likely at all unless he actually wants out, which hasn't been reported as being the case. 

He's frustrated, absolutely, but every player who misses the playoffs is probably frustrated about losing. Frustration is a nothing burger unless there's actually something credible about him wanting out attached to it, which there doesn't seem to be. 

This. Brady is a pipe dream and we just don't have the assets a trade for him would require. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Gurn said:

24 years old and plays left wing,  first rounder 4rth overall  in 2018 draft

He's played basically  full seasons over the last 3 years. with 5 out of 6 being 71  games minimum--- 1 season of 56 games-can't remember the injury

NHL Totals   438 162 186 348 625

Edit to add 4 more years, after this,  at $8,205,714 per.

That was the Covid year.

• Thanks 1

Sorry folks, but if BT is put on the block, there are teams that will present much better deals than what is being proposed from our end here. 

it’s not just meeting the criteria for what OTT is looking for, it’s the competition bids that would drive our cost right up. If I’m OTT, imho im not even trading BT for EP straight across because I believe OTT could get even more elsewhere 

Edited by RWJC

22 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Sorry folks, but if BT is put on the block, there are teams that will present much better deals than what is being proposed from our end here. 

it’s not just meeting the criteria for what OTT is looking for, it’s the competition bids that would drive our cost right up. If I’m OTT, imho im not even trading BT for EP straight across because I believe OTT could get even more elsewhere 

And what player better than Petey would be offered up? I just don’t see Alvin moving out a centre for a winger, centre depth wins 

• Like 1