[Rumour] Ottawa Shopping captain Brady Tkachuk

24 years old and plays left wing,  first rounder 4rth overall  in 2018 draft

He's played basically  full seasons over the last 3 years. with 5 out of 6 being 71  games minimum--- 1 season of 56 games-can't remember the injury

NHL Totals   438 162 186 348 625

Edit to add 4 more years, after this,  at $8,205,714 per.

Edited by Gurn

This strikes me as a big mistake if they do it. Although the Sens had a terrible year, I don't see them as needing to rebuild. IMO, Tkachuk is a big part of their future and he's still crazy young. He'll only be 25 at the start of the year, so very plausibly has his best years coming up soon.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

This strikes me as a big mistake if they do it. Although the Sens had a terrible year, I don't see them as needing to rebuild. IMO, Tkachuk is a big part of their future and he's still crazy young. He'll only be 25 at the start of the year, so very plausibly has his best years coming up soon.

The endless rumours involve Tkachuk being an issue or not wanting to stay in Ottawa or something therein.

Whatever happens happens but it seems to me that they'd be best to cut bait if even a fraction of the rumours are true.  Send him to Columbus

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Takes two to tango, and fatfuck's younger son might have his older brother's genes of not wanting to dance in a second-rate market. :hurhur:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t BT best friends with Quinn Hughes? Love to get BT here. 

Yup.  The Hughes and Tkachuk families are all BFF's.  Matthew certainly would have stayed here if Quinn was on the team.  Imagine Matthew and Petey playing together.  What could have been...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Takes two to tango, and fatfuck's younger son might have his older brother's genes of not wanting to dance in a second-rate market. :hurhur:

That nickname for the dad is awesome !  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Haven't thought too hard about this... but... Hronek, Hoglander, and a 1st?

Young winger to replace a portion of Tkachuk. Chychrun doesn't seem long for the Sens, and they could use a righty. 1st to even the value?

I'm guessing it's probably Willander, Lekkerimaki and a 1st.  If they are trading Tkachuk then they are effectively rebuilding...

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yup.  The Hughes and Tkachuk families are all BFF's.  Matthew certainly would have stayed here if Quinn was on the team.  Imagine Matthew and Petey playing together.  What could have been...

If only Benning wasn’t a moran. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm guessing it's probably Willander, Lekkerimaki and a 1st.  If they are trading Tkachuk then they are effectively rebuilding...

Stuzle, Batherson, Chabot, Sanderson, Norris, Pinto, ect. I don't think trading him would necessarily mean that. I could see a world where they are focusing on trying to turn their young core competitive and think a major shake up could be the play. If they could trade Chychrun for another youngish forward and have Hronek try to do what he's done with Hughes, with Sanderson, I could see a world where a trade like this makes sense.

Not saying my evaluation is correct by any means, but I could see the theory making sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Stuzle, Batherson, Chabot, Sanderson, Norris, Pinto, ect. I don't think trading him would necessarily mean that. I could see a world where they are focusing on trying to turn their young core competitive and think a major shake up could be the play. If they could trade Chychrun for another youngish forward and have Hronek try to do what he's done with Hughes, with Sanderson, I could see a world where a trade like this makes sense.

Not saying my evaluation is correct by any means, but I could see the theory making sense.

They are a non playoff team with Tkachuk.  I highly doubt they would be more competitive without him.  Hronek and Hoglander are complimentary players, they are not going to move the needle if Ottawa is effectively losing their franchise player.  

They probably move Chychrun as well to get more picks and prospects.  Stutzle, Sanderson and Pinto are all young enough to be able to go through another rebuild.  Norris and Batherson will be the veterans and in their late 20's when the rebuild is complete.  Chabot probably becomes the captain and is the veteran anchor who will probably be a Senator for life.

That's the way I see it.  I could be wrong though.  If I was the GM this is what I would do if they really want to build a Stanley Cup contender...

• Cheers 2

Some hockey folks were pondering if a Tkachuk to NJD in offseason is a possibility. Most agreed Nemec would be the D prospect plus one or two of their young F and/or top draft picks being part of the package going back to OTT.

if they secure Tkachuk they would then pursue Markstrom again as well and go into next season expecting to be a playoff team. I imagine they’ll be after Markstrom this offseason again regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They are a non playoff team with Tkachuk.  I highly doubt they would be more competitive without him.  Hronek and Hoglander are complimentary players, they are not going to move the needle if Ottawa is effectively losing their franchise player.  

They probably move Chychrun as well to get more picks and prospects.  Stutzle, Sanderson and Pinto are all young enough to be able to go through another rebuild.  Norris and Batherson will be the veterans and in their late 20's when the rebuild is complete.  Chabot probably becomes the captain and is the veteran anchor who will probably be a Senator for life.

That's the way I see it.  I could be wrong though.  If I was the GM this is what I would do if they really want to build a Stanley Cup contender...

Counterpoint, we were a non-playoff team with Horvat, and a playoff team with Hronek. Obviously it is far more complicated then that, but why wouldn't the Sens see the success of us diversifying the roster and focusing on more structured play, and think hell we can do that.

Maybe the trade is Hronek and Lek or something. But I see a world where Hronek to the Sens actually makes a ton of sense.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That nickname for the dad is awesome !  

Braidy elicits the same conversations among Sens fans as JT does here. Some think he’s a surly stick-banger when things don’t go his way while others love the competitive drive and sourness with losing. I’d love to have a 225lb 24 year old with 37 goals, (16 hits in the game with the devils!), fights (maybe a tad too much), signed for 4 more years at $8.2.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere and it’d be costly but…wow!

IMG_1100.jpeg

• Haha 2

Price tag will be insane if true. PPG power forward (arguably the best PF I'm the game right now), under 25, and on a decent contract.

He might be an incredible linemate for Petey, but we won't be able to afford him.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Interesting none the less, tkachuk reunion in Florida perhaps? 

IMG_8486.jpeg

Boeser + Hoglander + Silovs

Tkachuk Petey Letteremaki

Joshua Miller Garland

Top 6

= insanely hard to play against 

• Like 2