[Rumour] Ottawa Shopping captain Brady Tkachuk

11 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

It's Martin's time to get some rest, but it's the structure that they have started trying to establish. I think their next coach builds on a structure system. Someone like Berube makes a ton of sense.

Trading Tkachuk would be insane to me. I don't think they will in the end, unless if officially asks out. But if we're talking hypotheticals, I think their are plenty of reasons the Canucks and Sens could come together on something.

Berube could be an option, I think McLellan will draw attention to. I question how much of the Kings going into a tailspin earlier in the season was on him, they really did start off well. The thing about Berube is his recent track record includes a cup win, I think he'll be able to be more picky about where he goes than other coaching candidates out there. 

I don't think he'll be moved either. I get why folks want him, but it really doesn't make sense to move him as more than likely they're worse off for doing so. He's a name folks can throw around on CFF and generate easy traffic with, but there's very little out there to suggest that he's remotely close to being on the table, I've looked. If he were there'd be a lot of chatter about it, landing Tkachuk is a head in the clouds fantasy. 

The Sens need to address their defense, that's a well known fact, I don't think they'd do so at the expense of Tkachuk though and I don't think they'd need to. Ottawa will end up with at top 10 pick this season, they also have Detroit or Boston's 1st, they could simply dangle one of those.

Edited by Coconuts

29 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Berube could be an option, I think McLellan will draw attention to. I question how much of the Kings going into a tailspin earlier in the season was on him, they really did start off well. The thing about Berube is his recent track record includes a cup win, I think he'll be able to be more picky about where he goes than other coaching candidates out there. 

I don't think he'll be moved either. I get why folks want him, but it really doesn't make sense to move him as more than likely they're worse off for doing so. He's a name folks can throw around on CFF and generate easy traffic with, but there's very little out there to suggest that he's remotely close to being on the table, I've looked. If he were there'd be a lot of chatter about it, landing Tkachuk is a head in the clouds fantasy. 

The Sens need to address their defense, that's a well known fact, I don't think they'd do so at the expense of Tkachuk though and I don't think they'd need to. Ottawa will end up with at top 10 pick this season, they also have Detroit or Boston's 1st, they could simply dangle one of those.

The Sens actually have a pretty solid and young top 4 in Chabot, Sanderson, Chychrun, and Zub. Chabot's inability to stay healthy the past few seasons has definitely been hurting them though and I'm sure they would like another top 4 RHD so they don't have to keep playing Chychrun on his off side.

Ottawa has about $6M in dead cap coming off the books this summer. Obviously a good chunk of that will probably go to Shane Pinto, but it should give them freedom to play a bit.

Pinto's continued development might actually make Norris available though. A trade around Boeser and Hronek for Norris and Zub could be interesting if we can't agree to terms with Hronek.

58 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The Sens actually have a pretty solid and young top 4 in Chabot, Sanderson, Chychrun, and Zub. Chabot's inability to stay healthy the past few seasons has definitely been hurting them though and I'm sure they would like another top 4 RHD so they don't have to keep playing Chychrun on his off side.

Ottawa has about $6M in dead cap coming off the books this summer. Obviously a good chunk of that will probably go to Shane Pinto, but it should give them freedom to play a bit.

Pinto's continued development might actually make Norris available though. A trade around Boeser and Hronek for Norris and Zub could be interesting if we can't agree to terms with Hronek.

Chychrun himself will be up in the air til he's extended imo, but I think they'll find a way to keep him. But yeah, they should have some space to shop with if they move someone out. 

Pinto's harder to gauge, his numbers look good over smaller sample sizes but they're still smaller sample sizes. His numbers certainly look better than last season but still. Ottawa's made a habit of handing out longer deals to young talent, I can't help but wonder if they don't bridge Pinto though. There's also the fact that Norris has had a tough time staying healthy, I could see teams being hesitant about him and his almost 8M cap hit because of that. He's talented though, absolutely. 

I'm not expecting him to hit 40 again next season, but I don't think it'd really make sense for us to move Boeser. I know he'll be due for a raise but I believe both sides want him to stick around so long as the price paid is fair.

I also don't think it makes a whole lot of sense for Ottawa to move Zub, they need more players like that, not less. They could use another top 4RD, sure, which is part of why moving out their best shutdown RD doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They'd be hard pressed to find a better RD at a similar cap hit. 

• Cheers 1

I'd be more interested in Pinto tbh. I can't see us managing that deal. Unless we move our two best prospects, a 1st and they agree to take on Garland and/or Mikheyev. Which I think kills the deal right there. Trading Petey for him would be pretty crazy ngl. We save cap, but unless we can re-sign Lindholm our team is pretty much toast without Petey in terms of center depth.

6 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I'd be more interested in Pinto tbh. I can't see us managing that deal. Unless we move our two best prospects, a 1st and they agree to take on Garland and/or Mikheyev. Which I think kills the deal right there. Trading Petey for him would be pretty crazy ngl. We save cap, but unless we can re-sign Lindholm our team is pretty much toast without Petey in terms of center depth.

Sens meet more centers, not less. 

On 4/14/2024 at 9:20 PM, qwijjibo said:

Why would Ottawa even begin to consider a deal where Boeser is the main place they're getting back?  (Hint, they wouldnt) 

Unless you're part of Senators management, you don't have any better insight than any of us, until proven otherwise.

• ThereItIs 1

19 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

What a stupid assumption. I never get used to how people on the internet can say such ridiculous things in full confidence without any prior knowledge whatsoever.

For example, in this case, you have no prior knowledge  to where my wife grew up, and whos jerseys are on her side of the walk in closet. It's so funny how someone can speak like such a confident asshole for no reason lol

the only asshole around here is you with your panty all twisted up in knots. all i said is there's literally 0 chance ottawa goes out and trade for another defenceman so they can pay 24mil + for 3 defenceman and somehow that got you all constipated coz anyone that don't agree with you or have a comment you dont like you feel the need to be an ass instead or choosing to ignore it

Edited by wai_lai416

57 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

the only asshole around here is you with your panty all twisted up in knots. all i said is there's literally 0 chance ottawa goes out and trade for another defenceman so they can pay 24mil + for 3 defenceman and somehow that got you all constipated coz anyone that don't agree with you or have a comment you dont like you feel the need to be an ass instead or choosing to ignore it

Holy shit this post is hilarious lol

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Hronek is unsignable for us and they were thinking of moving Chychrun separately if they would be interested in Hronek and Lindholms early UFA rights.

They could probably get a decent winger for Chychrun.

Then there defence would be:

Sanderson-Hronek

Chabot-Zub

And they need C Depth IMO.

Tkachuk for:

1st, Hronek Lindholms UFA rights + 1 more piece. Prefer not to be Hoglander. IF Mikehyev shows well in the playoffs or Suter or a depth piece that isn't Podz or Hogs would be ideal. They would probably want 1 of: Dak, Garland, Boeser Hoglander, Podkolzin or Lekkeriamki though over Mik)

Say we did get him after the playoffs for:

Trade and Sign Hronek

1st 2025

Lindholms Rights (unsigned but with agents showing openess to sign before July 1st)

Mikehyev

A 2024 draft pick

They would get:

Top pairing RHD under control 

a First round pick

a Top 6 2-way Centre that could be signed at a potential bargain

a depth forward and another draft pick

For a top pairing Power forward .

They probably need 1 more promising piece. And for Brady I would do it.

For defence get Myers and Tanev on sweetheart deals as stop gaps for Willander.

Make a decision on Cole / Zadorov or both.

And run:

Hughes-Tanev

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov/Cole/Juulsen

Then the year after we would have EP2, Mynio and Willander potentially ready to make the jump. At least one of them. I believe Willander could be ready to jump from NCAA --> NHL after his NCAA year as the number 1 dman for them and a big offseason. And be a regular in our lineup the year after.

I think we are going to resign desmith too, or at least try to.

If lekkeriamki has a big offseason he could make our team out of camp next year but he probably will need 1 year in Abby.

If hes ready:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Tkachuk-EP40-Lekkeriamki

Dak-Blueger/Suter-Garland

Podkolzin-Suter/Blueger-Lafferty

If he wasn't ready:

Tkachuk-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-EP40-Podkolzin

Dak-Suter/Blueger-Garland

Bains-Suter/Blueger-Lafferty

I think Bains makes the teams bottom six next year too after a big offseason and getting a taste of the speed this year.

Regardless I am a big Brady fan. I like him a lot. Having him and Miller in our top 6 would be unreal for the next few years. Quinn and Bradys friendship would be really sweet for locking in core leaders to the team for the long term too.

And Brady in playoff Canuck hockey... yes please.

Our forward group wouldn't be fast fast, but if they played quick in the system they would be heavy and skilled and really strong in playoff hockey.

The idea of our PP being:

Miller

Petey

Tkachuk

Boeser

Hughes

Sounds amazing to me too. Ok I am going to chill... we most likely are not getting Brady Tkachuk lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

I wonder if Hronek is unsignable for us and they were thinking of moving Chychrun separately if they would be interested in Hronek and Lindholms early UFA rights.

Sanderson-Hronek

Chabot-Zub

Tkachuk for:

1st, Hronek Lindholms UFA rights + 1 more piece. Prefer not to be Hoglander. IF Mikehyev shows well in the playoffs or Suter or a depth piece that isn't Podz or Hogs would be ideal. They would probably want 1 of: Dak, Garland, Boeser Hoglander, Podkolzin or Lekkeriamki though over Mik)

Trade and Sign Hronek

1st 2025

Lindholms Rights (unsigned but with agents showing openess to sign before July 1st)

Mikehyev

A 2024 draft pick

They would get:

a First round pick

And run:

Hughes-Tanev

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov/Cole/Juulsen

Then the year after we would have EP2, Mynio and Willander potentially ready to make the jump. At least one of them. I believe Willander could be ready to jump from NCAA --> NHL after his NCAA year as the number 1 dman for them and a big offseason. And be a regular in our lineup the year after.

If lekkeriamki has a big offseason he could make our team out of camp next year but he probably will need 1 year in Abby.

If hes ready:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Tkachuk-EP40-Lekkeriamki

If he wasn't ready:

Tkachuk-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-EP40-Podkolzin

I think Bains makes the teams bottom six next year too after a big offseason and getting a taste of the speed this year.

Regardless I am a big Brady fan. I like him a lot. Having him and Miller in our top 6 would be unreal for the next few years. Quinn and Bradys friendship would be really sweet for locking in core leaders to the team for the long term too.

Our forward group wouldn't be fast fast, but if they played quick in the system they would be heavy and skilled and really strong in playoff hockey.

Miller

Petey

Tkachuk

Boeser

Hughes

Sounds amazing to me too. Ok I am going to chill... we most likely are not getting Brady Tkachuk lol

C'mon... at least be R3al here.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Lekkerimaki, 2025 1st, 2026 2nd and a roster player for B. Tkachuk 

That's what it would take and it's too much. Case closed. 

If I'm the Calgary Flames, after losing a similar player in Brady's older brother Matthew I'd do my homework on acquiring Brady. 

1 minute ago, Morrissex95 said:

Lekkerimaki, 2025 1st, 2026 2nd and a roster player for B. Tkachuk 

That's what it would take and it's too much. Case closed. 

If I'm the Calgary Flames, after losing a similar player in Brady's older brother Matthew I'd do my homework on acquiring Brady. 

Basically the Lindholm trade plus Lekkerimaki. 

All things considered I would have done that 😆

2 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Brady for Petey 

3.6 in cap savings 

re sign Lindy 

miller, Lindy, Bluegger, Aman or Suts

The scary part about your idea of Petey straight up for Brady is Ottawa would love that deal. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:54 PM, HKSR said:

C'mon... at least be R3al here.

Haha I know when I reread it I was like chill we being crazy. We aint getting him unless there's players we dont wanna move going lol

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:16 PM, R3aL said:

Sanderson-Hronek

Chabot-Zub

Tkachuk for:

Trade and Sign Hronek

1st 2025

Mikehyev

A 2024 draft pick

They would get:

a First round pick

And run:

Hughes-Tanev

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov/Cole/Juulsen

If hes ready:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Tkachuk-EP40-Lekkeriamki

If he wasn't ready:

Tkachuk-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-EP40-Podkolzin

Miller

Petey

Tkachuk

Boeser

Hughes

You're going to put Podkolzin in a top six role, when he hasn't played there at all this year? That's asking a lot out of him. 

I think the asking price for Tkachuk is probably too high. I'd loate to lose Höglander AND a 1st? 

I mean, I'd love it if we could land him. But does the cap work moving forward? 

I'm not sure that I love the defense. I don't know if Tanev comes back to Van. Maybe he decides that he likes it in Dallas, and they're a pretty good team, probably better than the Canucks and have a greater chance at winning the Cup than the Canucks do, because you know, it's the Canucks.