[Rumour] Ottawa Shopping captain Brady Tkachuk

20 minutes ago, Ohthehumanity said:

Petey for Brady!

So we trade Petey for Brady and then sign Lindholm to an 8x8 deal to be our 2C?  

Tkachuk      Miller         Boeser 

Höglander   Lindholm   Lekkerimäki 

Joshua        Blueger      Garland 

Podkolzin    Suter          Lafferty 

I mean it could work. We’d have to cap space to do this plus re-sign Hronek, Zadorov and probably Myers too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

And what player better than Petey would be offered up? I just don’t see Alvin moving out a centre for a winger, centre depth wins 

Agreed.

Not specifically a player, but a package that may be overall much better for the OTT franchise going forward. 

5 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I imagine EP would be thrilled to go to Ottawa 

He couldn’t stop it. He’s already signed his 8 year deal and the NMC doesn’t kick in until summer of 2025. 

Also our captain Hughes is BFF’s with Tkachuk. So he would welcome the trade. Only guy who would probably be pissed is Boeser. We could trade him too. 

• Cheers 1

Out - Pettersson, Mikheyev

Tkachuk - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Lekkerimaki

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Podkolzin - Suter - Lafferty

Raty

Callups:  Bains - Sasson - Karlsson

• ThereItIs 2

Maybe Salt Lake City makes a big splash for BT. He could follow in his dads footsteps. Be interesting to see what that franchise does next with their new ownership group. 

Edited by RWJC

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

I would LOVE to get Brady here.  Wonder if the Canucks could sell a Hronek package to OTT.  Gonna be expensive regardless but man he would fit so well on this team.

I think a likelier scenario would be trading Hronek for futures, then using those in a package for BT. I also would absolutely love him here and we aren't trading Pettersson (for the 500th time), so it just isn't going to happen. 

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

It's rare to see a power forward available, especially a young one with term.
Would love to see him for Boeser (not sure about moving Petey if our backup plan is to re-sign Lindholm).

Why would Ottawa even begin to consider a deal where Boeser is the main place they're getting back?  (Hint, they wouldnt) 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

I think a likelier scenario would be trading Hronek for futures, then using those in a package for BT. I also would absolutely love him here and we aren't trading Pettersson (for the 500th time), so it just isn't going to happen. 

I wouldnt want to trade Petey.

I wish the Canucks had the assets to do it tho

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Out - Pettersson, Mikheyev

Tkachuk - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Lekkerimaki

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Podkolzin - Suter - Lafferty

Raty

Callups:  Bains - Sasson - Karlsson

You literally copied my lineup.  You need to do your own homework...   😊

Actually, you forgot the "umlauts" on the Swedish boys, so my lineup is more accurate...

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So we trade Petey for Brady and then sign Lindholm to an 8x8 deal to be our 2C?  

Tkachuk      Miller         Boeser 

Höglander   Lindholm   Lekkerimäki 

Joshua        Blueger      Garland 

Podkolzin    Suter          Lafferty 

I mean it could work. We’d have to cap space to do this plus re-sign Hronek, Zadorov and probably Myers too. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

I wouldnt want to trade Petey.

I wish the Canucks had the assets to do it tho

Me too. Tkachuk would complete our forward core for the next half decade. 

3 hours ago, Pears said:

I agree.  If Ottawa is trading Tkachuk then they are effectively rebuilding.  If we trade Hronek for picks and prospects we could flip those for Tkachuk, plus add another pick and/or prospect to close the deal.  Ottawa then trades Chychrun for picks and prospects and suddenly they are loaded with futures...

Basically, we need to reverse the Hronek deal and get a 1st and 2nd back, or a 1st and a prospect.  Then we probably still need to add a 1st and either Hoglander or Podkolzin to close the deal.

So...

Hronek for a 1st and top prospect

1st, top prospect, 1st and Podkolzin for Tkachuk.  Podkolzin becomes Ottawa's new young power forward and they get 2 1sts and another prospect on top.  That is the equivalent of 4 1st round picks, which is what it would take to get Tkachuk...

If we have to pay Hronek $8 million, then the salaries basically balance out...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

you guys act like salary cap doesn't exist for ottawa or pretends ottawa doesn't already have 2 8mil center in stutzle and norris on top they still have pinto whom they need to re-sign i'm sure they'll love to have over 30mil locked up in the same position

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

you guys act like salary cap doesn't exist for ottawa or pretends ottawa doesn't already have 2 8mil center in stutzle and norris on top they still have pinto whom they need to re-sign i'm sure they'll love to have over 30mil locked up in the same position

The big thing OTT is missing badly is elite goaltending.    They've basically got their entire core, all locked in at reasonable long term deals,   if they had a star goalie to go with it, then they'd be a playoff team.   Their window is enviable,  we're excepted to do a lot better this year, didn't work out that way, and their TO brethren, started this year jealous after the series of 8 x 8 deals.    

Another young player in the pipe for them this year, and they've still got quite a bit coming as is. On that, their drafting is nothing short of superb and has been going back to when they drafted EK, Stone, Zinbanejad, Pageau, Hoffman etc etc.   Given where they were finishing, few flubs and a hits in the later rounds. 

Hellebuyck in OTT instead, they'd be in the show.   Even with Norris and Pinto missing significant time.  

As for Brady, no way are they trading him.   Not unless they feel they'd get something better back.     They need goaltending.   Another year of sub .900 save percentages.    And a healthy lineup.   

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Claude Girouix played center most of his career too.    The trade they'd be inclined to offer is EP for Norris and this years first.  To us.   They could use a little more scoring.    They'd be a top ten offensive team (again) if it wasn't for Chabot, Norris, Pinto missing significant time.     Likely an extra 25 goals right now, which would put them right around where we are.    They lost a lot of one goal games this year (plus an empty net), due to mediocre to bad goaltending.     

Brady is like a 6'3" 220lb Claude Lemuiex.   You just know once they get to the playoffs, he's going to be an MVP for his team.   He is already in the regular season,  his game is designed for the post season.     Rooting for OTT to get Hellebuyck.   That's over.     That said, each year  better player or two  is coming in, so don't think even mediocre to bad goaltending will keep them down forever.    They've done a masterful job with their cap. 

Edit.   Another offer would be this years first straight across for Demko and one of their existing goalies.    These are the type of deals they'd consider. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

BT is a rare player but Cowpieville only got two old craperolla players for his brother. 

MT wasn't going to re-sign.   And Weager is definitely a solid top four D.   As for Huberdough, who knew a guy who was piling up points for years in Florida would fall off the cliff after getting his legacy deal.    Florida got the younger player, and he signed to a beauty deal (no state tax deal), that's worth close to 11 in cowtown.  

Brady, on his deal, is worth a pot of gold to Ottawa.    Like others, i don't see them doing EP straight across.  I'd do it though.    And sign Lindholm.    

Not sure what it would take to actually even get them interested.   Demko, Brock, Lekkermaki and our first maybe.    They need a little more scoring (that's coming up in their own system), and goaltending.   

Honestly don't see a deal that we'd like much, Brady for four more years verus EP for another 8.   That's seriously tough.    Usually the team getting the better player wins.    Their window is just opening.    We are at the peak window right now, for the next three seasons, then either need to re-tool and trade Demko/QHs, or commit and hope like heck we have cheap contracts coming in for the second half of EPs deal. 

Edit:  So one year of MT and the chance to re-sign him (which clearly he was ready to do), got a first, Weager (rock solid on a good deal) and their 90-110ish point player's UFA deal (so reasonably expect 3-4 good years then a decline).     On paper, it looked like a pretty good deal for both sides, given MT said he wasn't going to re-sign.   

Brady for EP, a first,  Zadorov or Soucy I suppose would be their ask, plus their cap dump to make cap work, as a comparative deal anyways.     What they need is Demko .... So Demko and EP, for Brady, our pick of their goalies,  and something else to even cap out.   Maybe Pinto.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

MT wasn't going to re-sign.   And Weager is definitely a solid top four D.   As for Huberdough, who knew a guy who was piling up points for years in Florida would fall off the cliff after getting his legacy deal.    Florida got the younger player, and he signed to a beauty deal (no state tax deal), that's worth close to 11 in cowtown.  

Brady, on his deal, is worth a pot of gold to Ottawa.    Like others, i don't see them doing EP straight across.  I'd do it though.    And sign Lindholm.    

Not sure what it would take to actually even get them interested.   Demko, Brock, Lekkermaki and our first maybe.    They need a little more scoring (that's coming up in their own system), and goaltending.   

Honestly don't see a deal that we'd like much, Brady for four more years verus EP for another 8.   That's seriously tough.    Usually the team getting the better player wins.    Their window is just opening.    We are at the peak window right now, for the next three seasons, then either need to re-tool and trade Demko/QHs, or commit and hope like heck we have cheap contracts coming in for the second half of EPs deal. 

Edit:  So one year of MT and the chance to re-sign him (which clearly he was ready to do), got a first, Weager (rock solid on a good deal) and their 90-110ish point player's UFA deal (so reasonably expect 3-4 good years then a decline).     On paper, it looked like a pretty good deal for both sides. 

Brady for EP, a first,  Zadorov or Soucy I suppose would be their ask.   As a comparative deal anyways.     What they need is Demko and Brock though.   That might work, plus something else (Lekkermaki and our first). 

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

Not trying to bait you buddy.   Just how I see it.      It's hockey, Gretzky was traded, so who know it's possible we could acquire Brady and love to have him.   Just don't a trade that we'd be happy with.    Not sure id do EP either.   8 years allows the team to work with certainty. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

I'd love Brady T on our team. I think there are some good offers we could make that wouldn't dismantle the team.

I'm not for trading Petey, but lets play devils advocate for a second anyways lol.

Lets say Petey disappears come play off time this season. What would we think of his performance? Would we be willing to trade him in a package involving Brady T? Who I think could be a HUGE playoff performer...

I think i'd do it for a package of Pinto and Brady. Both fit RT's style of coaching way better. It makes us one tough team to play against as well.

I love Petey but I want to see a Stanley Cup in Vancouver one day, so business is business. Whatever needs to be done to win it i'm on board.

Peteys no movement clause also interestingly enough doesn't kick in till year 2 of his deal I believe...Also interesting.

• Cheers 1

I would think that BT to the Utah team is a slam dunk. They have oodles of draft picks plus a couple of decent players to throw in.

The perfect building block for the 'new' franchise.