[Rumour] Ottawa Shopping captain Brady Tkachuk

23 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

You're going to put Podkolzin in a top six role, when he hasn't played there at all this year? That's asking a lot out of him. 

I think the asking price for Tkachuk is probably too high. I'd loate to lose Höglander AND a 1st? 

I mean, I'd love it if we could land him. But does the cap work moving forward? 

I'm not sure that I love the defense. I don't know if Tanev comes back to Van. Maybe he decides that he likes it in Dallas, and they're a pretty good team, probably better than the Canucks and have a greater chance at winning the Cup than the Canucks do, because you know, it's the Canucks. 

I mean its possible.

If mikehyev can stick with 11 goals on the season anything is!

• Vintage 1

I wonder if something around hronek boeser lekkerimakki and a first get a chychrun/tkachuk trade done….. boeser is gunna be up for Brady type money soon which he’s not going to move the needle enough with us to get and chychrun gives us another year of keeping our salary down on the back end if he’s not working out an extension by tdl you can flip him then 

On 4/16/2024 at 1:56 PM, Morrissex95 said:

Lekkerimaki, 2025 1st, 2026 2nd and a roster player for B. Tkachuk 

That's what it would take and it's too much. Case closed. 

If I'm the Calgary Flames, after losing a similar player in Brady's older brother Matthew I'd do my homework on acquiring Brady. 

That isnt too much...I'd do that in a heart beat IF you could make the cap work longerterm. Lekkerimaki is a guy that MIGHT be an NHL player... BT is one of the best power fwds in the game. A line of him and Petterson would dominate for years.

16 minutes ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Brady probably wants out because he sees how much his brother is saving on taxes in Florida…

Brady makes way more than his brother after converting to Canadian funds. He wants out because Ottawa is paying softy losers like Stutzle and Chabot big money. And then they added the super loser Scrub Bud. He knows he can’t win with teammates like that.

On 4/18/2024 at 1:56 AM, R3aL said:

I mean its possible.

If mikehyev can stick with 11 goals on the season anything is!

podz have 4 goals in his last 60+ nhl games.. he's a 3rd/4th liner at best at this point of his career until proven otherwise with the odd remote chance of playing up the lineup once in a while

On 4/19/2024 at 5:28 PM, wai_lai416 said:

podz have 4 goals in his last 60+ nhl games.. he's a 3rd/4th liner at best at this point of his career until proven otherwise with the odd remote chance of playing up the lineup once in a while

I think he gets one more chance (next season) to prove if he can contribute more offensively. If not, then I'd agree that he'd probably be a career 3rd/4th liner the rest of the way. 

On 4/19/2024 at 5:55 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's other teams with the cap space and more draft picks and better draft positions than the Canucks have.

We're not getting Tkachuk.

Yea, I'd agree. Wishful thinking. 

Ep40 for Brady straight up. Can you imagine being in a playoff series with the Oilers and McDavid sees Jt Miller, next guy hops off the boards is Brady Tkachuk? 97 dont want none of that smoke. Oilers will change their jersey to blue and purple after we'e done with them

23 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Ep40 for Brady straight up. Can you imagine being in a playoff series with the Oilers and McDavid sees Jt Miller, next guy hops off the boards is Brady Tkachuk? 97 dont want none of that smoke. Oilers will change their jersey to blue and purple after we'e done with them

Does Brady T play centre? 

2 hours ago, filthy animal said:

McDavid sees JT Miller, so jumps off the ice to avoid the pain.  Jumps back on for next shift, out comes Tkachuk.  Jumps back off the ice to avoid him.  Jumps back on when Tkachuk gets off.  Sees Dakota Joshua, jumps back off the ice.  Jumps back on, sees Vasili Podkolzin with Zadorov and Myers on defence....

We have a Petey they can build around. Would rather see Brady on millers wing, and sign a few of our ufa's. Better cost management. Let Lindy play 2 C with garland and Joshua. They have been better all year anyways 

19 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Trading Tkachuk makes no sense. They will need to move off of one of their defensemen to better balance their team, not Tkachuk lol.

They'll likely move Chychrun

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

They'll likely move Chychrun

I agree. They brought Chychrun in to get them over the hump and it hasn't worked. He led their defense in points this season but was had by far the worst plus/minus  (-30 and the next lowest was Hamonic at -10). It also just feels like he hasn't really meshed with the team.

They should probably trade Chychrun one-for-one for a RHD since they still have Chabot and Sanderson on the left side.

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

I agree. They brought Chychrun in to get them over the hump and it hasn't worked. He led their defense in points this season but was had by far the worst plus/minus  (-30 and the next lowest was Hamonic at -10). It also just feels like he hasn't really meshed with the team.

They should probably trade Chychrun one-for-one for a RHD since they still have Chabot and Sanderson on the left side.

Ideally the probably try to, but if not they can try and parlay assets into a top 4RD or go fishing in free agency. 

He still holds value but there's speculation as to whether he wants to stay, his noncommittal just makes a trade more likely as the Sens can't afford to just let him walk. One season left at 4.6, and good fit or not he's a legit top 4D, someone will be interested. Would probably need an extension worked out with a potential landing spot beforehand to make it work though. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

To OTT

Petey 

Hronek

Hoglander

To VAN

Zub

Pinto

Tkachuk

Podkolzin     Miller         Boeser

Tkachuk       Lindholm   Lekkerimäki

Joshua         Pinto          Garland 

Alriksson      Raty           

Hughes          Zub

Zadorov         Willander 

Pettersson   

This could work. We just need a couple more players to fill the roster. 

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin     Miller         Boeser

Tkachuk       Lindholm   Lekkerimäki

Joshua         Pinto          Garland 

Alriksson      Raty           

Hughes          Zub

Zadorov         Willander 

Pettersson   

This could work. We just need a couple more players to fill the roster. 

Glad you're on board Petey. 

Feel like we can build a stronger roster with a trade like this 

• Cheers 1