[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

Congratulations Canucks and fans everyone!

We did it, and battled through some serious adversity.  Our boys are maturing before our eyes.  What a disciplined mature performance from the whole team.  Petey really digging in and showing up when it matters most.  Hopefully this gives him some confidence going into round 2.

Oilers we coming for you…McDavid we are setting up shop in your head!!!’

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

What a great game

loved how as the fame went on the Canucks were finding more ways to play their game

a good learning experience to keep pushing and their fane will work out

I gotta praise Saros for the last 2 games, he was excellent 

but…. Not as good as he needed to be!!!!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

• Cheers 1

watching these games silovs have played one things is very evident...his rebound control is really really good. We got a gem right there. PK tonight, crucial moments in the game and man was it good. i also thought i saw some glimpses from petey and peteys line, not to mention his secondary assist in this one. bodes well moving forward. 

Now we got the coilers incoming. coilers consisting of 2 players is a much worse  team then we are. we can do this...we can actually do this...lets  go ALL THE F-N WAY!!!! GCG!!!!!

Excited National Lampoons Vacation GIF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)

It was great to see the team pull through. I sure hope Petey exercises his demons vs. the Oilers. No time better than the second round. I can’t stand the Oilers. I am going to have to mute the whole series because of the amount of times they will mention McDavid. Petey better be buying Suter a huge steak dinner.  

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

What a game, we grinded it out and were the better team all night long and get rewarded despite a brilliant game by Saros. 

Each line was brilliant, good job to not shake things up, the Lotto line really sucked. Go figure Petey gets one shift with real NHL wingers and they score a goal, something to be said about that...

Big game by everyone, I think that was everyone's best game and don't think anyone had a bad game and rarely a bad shift.

Obviously big shout out to our defence for completely shutting them down and IMO our best player of the playoffs so far - Tyler Myers. He copped so much slack his entire career with us but boy has he shut down the Preds when it mattered most. Look at him on the PK and at the end of the game there. He and Cole have been outstanding and it'll be interesting to watch them try to shut down McDavid now. From one of the sloppiest defenders in the league to someone who seems to be winning every puck battle he goes into, Myers has finally arrived.

Of course great game by Silovs and we surely run with him until Demko's back but even then, it's hard to sit a goalie who has just played such a clutch game and out-shone Saros who was on top of his game.

Massive performance, good to close the series out and now get ready for a very different type of test. The Oilers are fast and dangerous up front, roll 3 solid lines and are far more dangerous than Nashville. They can defend when they need to and their goalie is playing well so far in the playoffs too. Hopefully though if we play this grinding, boring style of hockey we can shut them down as well because usually top defences prevail over top offences in the playoffs, and we're proving that we can win those defensive matchups any day.

He was channeling Arturs Irbe tonight.

11 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Silovs will be our Cam Ward.

This season is an absolute success.  Everything after this is just gravy.  

Spot on... whatever happens happen, but this is a very succesful season already. 

• Cheers 1