[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Hoglander stick to nuts, Hughes slew foot, Nurses fit from behind on Petterson, etc, etc. Those are all 5s and a game minimum. Add on a no call on a blatant high stick with blood....brutal.

I've got good reasons for all of those situations not being called though:

McDavid, McDavid, McDavid, etc etc.  McDavid.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

It's really something when just within this series, Ryan speared Hoglander in the groin.  Have NO idea why that wasn't a suspension.  Not saying I care if Ryan is playing or not, but still... the principle of it when it's probably gonna be more than 1 game for Soucy because he's a Canuck.  Like I said in another post, it would be poetic justice and frankly comedic relief if Juulsen gets in because of the suspension and absolutely destroys Draisatl and knocks him out of the series.

It's so telling how Button and Seravalli are yelling for a suspension on Soucy, but were (along with basically every other reporter) completely silent on the spear to Hoglander, which to me was far more black and white. This is completely f'd up.

I'm getting serious Aaron Rome flashbacks.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

I've got good reasons for all of those situations not being called though:

McDavid, McDavid, McDavid, etc etc.  McDavid.

I cannot wait for the day McDavid is out of the league. 

1 minute ago, 43isprime said:

It's so telling how Button and Seravalli are yelling for a suspension on Soucy, but were (along with basically every other reporter) completely silent on the spear to Hoglander, which to me was far more black and white. This is completely f'd up.

I'm getting serious Aaron Rome flashbacks.

Local media better kick Craig and Frank off the Vancouver airwaves after this. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

peanuts

Question will be does McD and Hyman get a fine and a strike too? Have to say yes... If I was JR, I would call the league with regards to non-call 5minutesrs last game; tit for tat.

Would agree though; Soucy will probably get a game.

Juulsen hits hard AF. It’s literally all he wants to do. His neck is wider than his head guys. He is going to obliterate. He is probably the second heaviest hitter on the team. 

• Like 1

Just now, LaBamba said:

Juulsen hits hard AF. It’s literally all he wants to do. His neck is wider than his head guys. He is going to obliterate. He is probably the second heaviest hitter on the team. 

Juulsen needs to remain composed and play the structure. The game in the Preds series he chased the big hits too much, and gave up chances and took penalties. Gotta relie on the structure and play his role.

If you look at the entire sequence of events ( McDavid hack first ) leading up to the simultaneous crosschecks by Z and Soucy there is nothing go talk about.

Only reason is who was crosschecked ( McDavid) and whom won't stop going on about the incident ( Edmonton & National media ) while merely showing the final check by Soucy.

I'm not ok with Soucy being suspended at all. Its not a blessing in disguise and as much as Juulsen can fill in he is not going to replace the level of Soucy on the blueline. Advantage Oilers if Soucy has to sit.

I'm not going to scream about all the other crap we can argue should have been penalties or majors or suspensions. But the Canucks say nothing. Take the high road in media scrums etc and only local Vancouver media has questions about the incidents thus far hone undisciplined.

I know Tocchet plays the " kill them with kindness " routine ( though he was close to losing it in the WEAK Cole crosscheck infront of Silovs, the exact play done a hundred times a game ) when asked about officiating, but if there is any fallout on Soucy I want to hear my team ( PA/JR, Tocchet someone push the league for accountability.

It simply is not ok, and again Juulsen is serviceable but not at Soucy's level.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

But I want my Bottle!  Why can't  I have my bottle. / Rest of team; Why can't Davey have his bottle?

We're gonna quit!  / White and black man sais; you already did !

How he gets right in the refs face after every stoppage just yelling is ridiculous. If that were anyone else, it would be a unsportsman like...dudes face is 30cm away and hes just screaming!

Edited by BC_Hawk

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Juulsen needs to remain composed and play the structure. The game in the Preds series he chased the big hits too much, and gave up chances and took penalties. Gotta relie on the structure and play his role.

He has played great all year, he was probably jumping on the inside and couldn’t contain his excitement. I’m sure he learned from his mistakes. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

So is Soucy guaranteed a suspension because he has a hearing or could he get a fine as well?

Guaranteed a suspension when they do hearing. 

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

So is Soucy guaranteed a suspension because he has a hearing or could he get a fine as well?

In person hearings are always suspensions. Calls can go both ways, but I bet he gets 1 game.