[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Anyone who is offended by my posts is either as soft as McDavid or has the IQ of Nurse.

I thought that this new CDC was going to allow all opinions regardless of the consensus just as long as you don’t personally attack anyone, but I was wrong. It’s the same censored homerism  as the old CDC. What is wrong with posting an unpopular opinion and getting ripped up about it? It’s pretty self governing around here. If you say something terrible you get ripped to shreds and thats how it should be. Deb whoops my ass all the time, and she is one of my favourites because of it. A lot of the time, the ass whippings will change my view. Also, it would be different if all I did was post negative stuff about the team but I don’t. I tear into the Oilers wayyy more than our team it’s just that everyone only remembers the bad stuff. Build a 1000 bridges…..

While I disagree with your opinions at times, and maybe sometimes you're just trolling, I don't find you offensive. Maybe I'm in the minority there, but there are other posters who I've actually ignored just so I don't feed them (trolls). I think that's the way we should deal with people around here, either chew em up or just ignore em. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Kuzy got back to 0.5 goals per game pace with calgary

very happy for him, and for calgary

i hope he scores 40 next year

All of them against the Oilers!

Oh, and Leafs too. Can't forget them now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Anyone who is offended by my posts is either as soft as McDavid or has the IQ of Nurse.

I thought that this new CDC was going to allow all opinions regardless of the consensus just as long as you don’t personally attack anyone, but I was wrong. It’s the same censored homerism  as the old CDC. What is wrong with posting an unpopular opinion and getting ripped up about it? It’s pretty self governing around here. If you say something terrible you get ripped to shreds and thats how it should be. Deb whoops my ass all the time, and she is one of my favourites because of it. A lot of the time, the ass whippings will change my view. Also, it would be different if all I did was post negative stuff about the team but I don’t. I tear into the Oilers wayyy more than our team it’s just that everyone only remembers the bad stuff. Build a 1000 bridges…..

Only when you participate in the collective circle jerk.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I love your incorrect stuff...and durability.

Makes me feel good to show others the light.

I told you yesterday... We own these Oilers. Have for some time now. 

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yes…

What we have learned is that our management rewards players for their play.… I think they’re waiting to see if Pettersson if he can make the players around him better before giving him somebody…

At the same time they acquired Lindholm but that was a failure… Unfortunately… For some bizarre reason…

Lindy's been good/great lately.

I wonder if it is time to pair them back up again. If Lindy was hurt bad enough before, and that was the reason they had no chemistry, perhaps a healthier Lindy can give Petey some quality support.

Blueger back with Garly and Joshua should be fine during the experiment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

How he gets right in the refs face after every stoppage just yelling is ridiculous. If that were anyone else, it would be a unsportsman like...dudes face is 30cm away and hes just screaming!

For me the big question is- where is a referee honor and dignity? Why he allowed McWhiner to behave like that?  When someone calls penalty for this act?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

So Mcdavid can slash Hughes in the face and no call. No suspension. No fine.  

Ryan can spear Hoglander in the groin. No suspension, no fine.

But Zadorov cross checks after mcdavid slashes. FINE

Soucy goes for a push into mcdavids chest and mcdavids head moves down, and now suspension?

Fuck this joke of a league.

just to add to this list Kanes kick at the head of Zadorov after being thrown over the boards. He did that on purpose and nothing 

12 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Cole is aging me 30 years in 3 games.

He is probably going to retire after this post season. good guy, great dman over the years, I can visibly see he has lost a step these playoffs.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

It's a minor point, but Knoblauch whining in the press conference about the Perry non-goal (and it clearly wasn't a goal) is Oiler entitlement at its finest.  They just expect things to be given to them.  Time to shove it down their throat.

Knoblauch coached Mcdavid from 2012-2015

guess thats who taught McDavid how to be a professional whiner

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I love your incorrect stuff...and durability.

Makes me feel good to show others the light.

I told you yesterday... We own these Oilers. Have for some time now. 

Yes you did, it’s like hanging out with your buddies. Do you all sit around and complement each other or rip each others ass? I think you’re great and there is nothing more satisfying than being proven wrong. Most of my negative posts come from worrying. I’m just worried out loud.  I also don’t like crying about the refs. God forbid you’d think I was throwing around the N word. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Yes you did, it’s like hanging out with your buddies. Do you all sit around and complement each other or rip each others ass? I think you’re great and there is nothing more satisfying than being proven wrong. Most of my negative posts come from worrying. I’m just worried out loud.  I also don’t like crying about the refs. God forbid you’d think I was throwing around the N word. 

If they aren't rippin you, are they really your friends? 😏

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, HKSR said:

One thing to point out is that if Soucy is suspended, and Juulsen comes in, Cole will move back to the left side.  It will probably do wonders for his game, and now we have Juulsen back there throwing the big hits.  Net result is probably a wash in terms of defensive ability. 

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

EDIT:  Oh, and if Oilers hate playing against Z, this just means they're gonna see a lot more of him lmao.

Soucy is taking one for the team. We have to make good on that so it's not for nothing.

I'm not 100% on a Cole-Juulsen pairing. That could be yikes. Juulsen needs to reign in his penalties and be even more responsible while he does it. That's the tight rope with him.

Big Z's hit on Kane was the penalty we needed to take. Big game breaker. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

For me the big question is- where is a referee honor and dignity? Why he allowed McWhiner to behave like that?  When someone calls penalty for this act?

I dont get that

McDavid got too close and the ref literally pushed him away

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

All good homie. 

I told ya, I'm a tribal monster when the lads are in the dance.

Being aggressively optimistic gives me so much pleasure when things work out.

Don't worry so much. Enjoy the ride! but if you need to express concerns, go ahead...all opinions should be wlecomed... however, you might feel the fire from us that feel this is a wave of destiny we are surfing on.  

Go Nucks!

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

grow some intestinal fortitude. no fear. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Saw this in an article from the Hockey Writers:

Since the NHL started tracking time on ice in 1997-98, no Oilers forward had ever played more than 27:43 in a non-overtime postseason game until Sunday, when McDavid played 29:42, with Draisaitl on the ice for 29:04. Meanwhile on the backend, Oilers defenceman Evan Bouchard logged 31:24, the second most minutes for an Oilers skater in a non-overtime postseason game.

Almost 30 minutes for the two Oilers stars....I don't care who you are. That has to wear on you in the course of a playoff series.

Just keep doing what you're doing boys.....(except for the PK. Deny Dry Saddle the puck down low)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Lindy's been good/great lately.

I wonder if it is time to pair them back up again. If Lindy was hurt bad enough before, and that was the reason they had no chemistry, perhaps a healthier Lindy can give Petey some quality support.

Blueger back with Garly and Joshua should be fine during the experiment.

Lindy was, again, the best Canuck on the ice and I'd say, he has been throughout the post season.  

Making that move does weaken the 4th line and as this series moves on, it's the ability to roll 4 lines, consistently, that's probably going to be the difference.

Obviously they abandoned any kind of real offensive push from anyone (beyond one period) and are fine with Petey playing a strong defensive game.  I don't expect a lineup change like that.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I've been saying this for years ... 

If we're going to win anything at all, we can't be nice guys! We need to be tougher, meaner, and pushback like other teams do to us. It's as simple as that.

Other teams need to know...  if you f*** around you'll get burned.

We need more guys like Big Z and that attitude. 

Don’t worry. Rick Tocchet is our coach. And Adam Foote is an assistant coach. These guys have won cups and gone through all of the battles. They know exactly how to handle this bullshit situation. 

Not only will we be pushing back against Edmonton we are going to destroy them in the process. They will never recover. That organization is a dead man walking. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Enable him if you like....

You can't stand in front of your own net and score on your team in 3 games...

Enough already.  Jesus Christ!

Pucks hit courageous big guys and they don't all stay out of the net.

Like JC Superstar said, 'there will be poor always; think of the good things you've got" i.e. we won and we are winning.

And, imo, Cole is a big part of that.

How quickly people forget everything else Cole brings to the team (ask Tocchet).

e.g. How many Oilers have challenged Cole to drop 'em?

How quickly people forget from just this February:

SORRY FOR THE PREVIOUS VIDDY, THIS IS THE ONE I HAD HOPED TO INCLUDE: (Click on "Watch on YouTube")

Edited by Goal_thecup
Posted wrong viddy.
  • Like 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Saw this in an article from the Hockey Writers:

Almost 30 minutes for the two Oilers stars....I don't care who you are. That has to wear on you in the course of a playoff series.

Just keep doing what you're doing boys.....(except for the PK. Deny Dry Saddle the puck down low)

And 31 for Bouchard

• Cheers 1