[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

8 hours ago, Kevlar said:

I think it was a great tweet as an example of handpicking.

Exactly.  Especially as right now JT is our highest paid player, so could have added:

Miller has Boeser 

Then it needs a list of 2nd line centers with their sidekicks

11 hours ago, CaribouCanuck said:

“Post is not good goaltending” Jesus fuck Draisaitl is being a classless butthurt crybaby over losing a game. 

Not to mention, it kind of is, meant the goalie cut the angle enough to give you nothing but post, or….you the shooter were intimidated and choked

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Connie - Gary! They can't get away with this! I'm Connie Fucking McDiver! 

Gary - Well, Connie. Let's see,  Big Z has been a pain for you guys huh? Let me see what I can do.

I kind of expect Zadorov to be suspended, as the 3rd man in and the crosscheck from behind. I can see the league helping the Oilers out here. 

Corrupt league

General Z got fined. He ain't getting suspended. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

If you look at the entire sequence of events ( McDavid hack first ) leading up to the simultaneous crosschecks by Z and Soucy there is nothing go talk about.

Only reason is who was crosschecked ( McDavid) and whom won't stop going on about the incident ( Edmonton & National media ) while merely showing the final check by Soucy.

I'm not ok with Soucy being suspended at all. Its not a blessing in disguise and as much as Juulsen can fill in he is not going to replace the level of Soucy on the blueline. Advantage Oilers if Soucy has to sit.

I'm not going to scream about all the other crap we can argue should have been penalties or majors or suspensions. But the Canucks say nothing. Take the high road in media scrums etc and only local Vancouver media has questions about the incidents thus far hone undisciplined.

I know Tocchet plays the " kill them with kindness " routine ( though he was close to losing it in the WEAK Cole crosscheck infront of Silovs, the exact play done a hundred times a game ) when asked about officiating, but if there is any fallout on Soucy I want to hear my team ( PA/JR, Tocchet someone push the league for accountability.

It simply is not ok, and again Juulsen is serviceable but not at Soucy's level.

The juice ain't worth the squeeze though. Yapping to media or league publicly does not help the team...just makes the party feel better. I like RT and JR/PAs silence; just go beat the team on the ice....fighting them in the media is a lose lose proposition. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Soucy has a phone hearing.

Phone hearings are not guaranteed suspensions.  There's a good chance Soucy gets a game or two though.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

General Z got fined. He ain't getting suspended. 

That was the one that worried me most.  Z has been WAY too dominant to lose.  He's literally been our #1 defenceman these playoffs IMO.

• Vintage 2

Just now, HKSR said:

That was the one that worried me most.  Z has been WAY too dominant to lose.  He's literally been our #1 defenceman these playoffs IMO.

Yeah, I thought Z probably more responsible for the whole thing than Soucy as his shove is what caused the stick to the face. 

3 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

DOPS is a joke.

They are. Soucy will get a game but it won't matter in the end. The Canucks can win with Soucy out and Juulsen in. I would go into the game more physical then ever so even if Canucks lose, they inflict some damage on the way out. 

7 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

2. When Petey falls he usually get points anyway because he can get the puck

through. 

If this was true, Petey would be a 300 point player.

Even if he 'only' got points for every other time he fell down, dude would win the Art Ross.

Still has potential to be the Canuck's best ever forward, though.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Phone hearings are not guaranteed suspensions.  There's a good chance Soucy gets a game or two though.

The only thing Soucy has is the whole sequence. You can tell right away after, he was actually worried about McDavid. Didn't engage him when he got up..just let him get up without anything; might of actually said something asking him if he was okay too. He looked very concerned

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Also the type of player we'be needed here for years. Need more size, toughness, pushback and no fear. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Gene’s a pro. No complaints about him at all. He rises above the noise and does his job. 

I had no issue with the interview (I hadn't watched it before I posted). In general, it just always bugs the crap outta me that we usually get stuck with the Alberta crew when we play those teams, and Gene’s presence is an extension of that.

Good for him to put on a brave face.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He actually scares the whole edm team; they refuse to engage him. All they do is stick checks and small rubs...skate away after whistles with no push back. Its funny.

• Cheers 1

Too bad it wasn’t Cole with the cross check on Mcbaby 😂. Tough break for Soucy and maybe he has a case for it to be a lower number. He was going to cross check him in the chest but Zadarov cross checked McDavid in the back a half second earlier having McDavids head go lower and it was too late to stop.