[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nurse hit Petey so hard his HEAD FELL OFF!  I just thought he was real quiet...

416180.thumb.webp.06900728b3e4be5d55ddfbfc24a61a17.webp

That was a brutal hit..ditto the slew foot on Hughes. Both were blatant attempts to injure and 5 minuters. 

I couldn't give a rats ass if the refs let the teams play (thought they have to an extent this series), but you have to call blatant attempts to injure. Ditto on Soucy...I am okay with a game; he crosschecked a guy in the face, though not intentional.

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

I hate to say it but i think they will suspend him for one game - regardless of the act they probably want to get a handle on the series before it gets out of hand.  The retribution has been ratcheting up , and could get ugly if the coiler players think they need to pay back because the league didnt take care of it.

This is probably how they will rationalize it alright.  But the point is that it got out of hand with Sutherland's blank cheque to the Oilers in game 2.  If they don't want the law of the jungle, the officiating has to meet a minimal standard.  Last night I thought it did and things were back on the rails again.  But it looks like the league is trying to reset the series again with Sutherland-level double standards.  And they wonder why we riot.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

Yeah, I thought Z probably more responsible for the whole thing than Soucy as his shove is what caused the stick to the face. 

Soucy and Z both reacted at the same time to McDavids 2 hander McD started this, I see no blood on McD face call it even for shot to face he got away with and started this one as well and looks to be getting away with (and feeling better about) too much entitlement for him for sure

11 hours ago, LaBamba said:

You sir, take me the wrong way, if I’m getting banned for that then go ahead man, whatever. I’m tired of tip toeing around your mod ego trip. Just do it. 

later guys. 

Hope we beat thin face Bouchard. 

Aw c'mon Tiny; the tulips will miss your tip-toeing...

(Perhaps you should review your posting history to see if you can see why this is 'all happening to you'..)

Still love your lightshow house; keep on strokin'.

I agree about Bouchard, but I would like it to be Quinn or Garland laying into him.

Was that Garland that McDickhead jumped on and ended up underneath?  Pretty funny.

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Too bad it wasn’t Cole with the cross check on Mcbaby 😂. Tough break for Soucy and maybe he has a case for it to be a lower number. He was going to cross check him in the chest but Zadarov cross checked McDavid in the back a half second earlier having McDavids head go lower and it was too late to stop.

And that will be his defence, with a discussion of the whole sequence. As I stated before, his concern after the contact shows that he didn't intend to to do, and knows he screwed up. Coming in...admitting to doing it, apologizing, then discussing the whole sequence MIGHT get him a reduced penalty. The intent wasn't there in my opinion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Question will be does McD and Hyman get a fine and a strike too? Have to say yes... If I was JR, I would call the league with regards to non-call 5minutesrs last game; tit for tat.

Would agree though; Soucy will probably get a game.

The NHL doing NHL things. Can’t think of a time when the league ever did anything to protect one of the Canuck  star players. 

AFter the missed call on the McDavid high stick on Hughes I didn't think any discipline would amount to much on the crosscheck by Zad. It would not have been missed that McDavid started the whole business with a slash. Besides that he was on his feet quickly. 

Boeser, Suter, Miller and Lindholm had outstanding games.

Honorable mention to Aman and Karlsson. The fact that they were on the ice late in the 3rd speaks volumes about their play and the type of coach Tocchet is. How the TOI was spread was great as well.

Oddity: I had to smile as the game progressed and the talking pinheads adjusted their take on the Canucks. Almost a universal take goin into the series that the Oilers would make quick work of the Canucks. For many this is a desperate attempt to stay relevant in the media world. Now they are jumping ship to give Arty full credit for the 2 - 1 Canuck lead. Yes, Arty is a fun story but again, he is not the sole reason for the lead. But to have some fun I could not help having Dominator Hasek vibes as the game went on last night. Arty was all over the crease and his reach back to pull the sure goal out was classic Hasek.  

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nurse hit Petey so hard his HEAD FELL OFF!  I just thought he was real quiet...

416180.thumb.webp.06900728b3e4be5d55ddfbfc24a61a17.webp

It wasn't just that.  When Petey got up and was skating away, Nurse elbowed him in the head again.   Far worse than what McWhiner got last night.

• Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Before tonight's game, I was gonna ask, if Tocchet can see during the 3rd of game 2 that the team isn't skating, are just icing it and playing 'hot potato', why doesn't he just tell them on the bench to move their feet, battle for pucks and make plays?

So now, tonight, they appear to be playing exactly the same way in the third

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Why are they doing this again? Just confident they can weather the storm, fatigued, being outplayed or what?

Totally thrilled with the result and not complaining but it just doesn't seem like a great long term strategy if it's by design and nothing like the way we won so many 3rd periods all season long

I haven't made it past page 5 yet here, so if someone else has said it (so what? lol), I apologize.

Somebody pointed out that the big diff between the loss by playing safe in the third last time and the win by playing safe this time, was that we were tied in the first loss, and up by 2 in the win.

Like you, I think I would prefer we run up the score and keep the hits coming; but I am fairly stupid and Tocchet & Co are not.

• Cheers 1

- Kane slew foot on Hughes

- Hoglander getting speared in the jewels

- Nurse almost taking Petey’s head off

- McDavid intentional high stick on Hughes

NONE OF THESE EVEN GOT A CALL ON THE ICE LET ALONE A REVIEW BY THE NHL.

this is absolutely ridiculous. What a bush league. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

It wasn't just that.  When Petey got up and was skating away, Nurse elbowed him in the head again.   Far worse than what McWhiner got last night.

That and the slew foot on Hughes were 100% intent to injure. There is no rationale as to how that was the intention. The Soucy crosscheck and McD high stick ere not intentional...just careless.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Juuls will just go in and injure Drais and

McBaby.  

Next man up. 

I agree. Juulsen needs to come in and just destroy Draisaitl and McDavid. Don’t care how many penalties he takes. It’s his one game to inflict as much damage as possible. I’d even be okay with a major penalty if it puts one of Draisaitl or McDavid out for the series. Game 4 can be sacrificed for the greater good. 

To me this is justice. How Zadorov can get fined and Soucy suspended while the criminals in Edmonton get away with murder is beyond me. Plus, what about Sam Bennett?  He literally knocked out Marchand with a punch to the face and didn’t even get a penalty. Why does he not have a hearing as well?

Fucking bush league NHL. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Posted (edited)

Zadorov owes Soucy a beer for getting suspended.

That would have been a nothing crosscheck across the chest had Z not crosschecked him into him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

So how does a hearing actually work? is Soucy represented by anyone, do they actually get to put forward a side, etc? or is this just for show. 

Player gets to plead their case....all would be considered in assessing what the outcome will be. Soucy's actions right after the crosscheck show remorse and concern....that will serve him well in getting a reduced suspension OR maybe a fine.

I'll say one thing for McD... at least he can bring the playoff beard.

What is up with the Stooge? It's like he borrowed my teenage peach fuzz stache. Better get his testosterone checked!

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. Juulsen needs to come in and just destroy Draisaitl and McDavid. Don’t care how many penalties he takes. It’s his one game to inflict as much damage as possible. I’d even

be okay with a major penalty if it puts one of Draisaitl or McDavid out for the series. Game 4 can be sacrificed for the greater good. 

To me this is justice. How Zadorov can get fined and Soucy suspended while the criminals in Edmonton ton get away with murder is beyond me. Plus, what about Sam Bennett?  He literally knocked out Marchand with a punch to the face and didn’t even get a penalty. Why does he not have a hearing as well?

Fucking bush league NHL. 

Thats just stupid hockey though. Put Juulsen in.....ensure he understands to not chase hits or retribution; just play the system. Let McDrai play 30min again and be gased. How you beat this team is in wins NOT giving them PPs.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

That and the slew foot on Hughes were 100% intent to injure. There is no rationale as to how that was the intention. The Soucy crosscheck and McD high stick ere not intentional...just careless.

I disagree that McD high stick was not intentional.   He saw Hughes coming and lifted his stick.  

• Like 1