[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

24 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

The only thing Soucy has is the whole sequence. You can tell right away after, he was actually worried about McDavid. Didn't engage him when he got up..just let him get up without anything; might of actually said something asking him if he was okay too. He looked very concerned

Definitely wasnt intentional, obvious to anyone with an objective view of the sequence

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

One thing to point out is that if Soucy is suspended, and Juulsen comes in, Cole will move back to the left side.  It will probably do wonders for his game, and now we have Juulsen back there throwing the big hits.  Net result is probably a wash in terms of defensive ability. 

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

EDIT:  Oh, and if Oilers hate playing against Z, this just means they're gonna see a lot more of him lmao.

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

The juice ain't worth the squeeze though. Yapping to media or league publicly does not help the team...just makes the party feel better. I like RT and JR/PAs silence; just go beat the team on the ice....fighting them in the media is a lose lose proposition. 

I get that, and I like it to a degree as well. And I am sure the team will advocate and make their thoughts known to the league on this one anyways.

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Thats just stupid hockey though. Put Juulsen in.....ensure he understands to not chase hits or retribution; just play the system. Let McDrai play 30min again and be gased. How you beat this team is in wins NOT giving them PPs.

Juulsen needs to hurt somebody. This is how it works. I don’t think you quite understand. The NHL is completely against us and doesn’t want us to win the cup. I’ve watched enough hockey to know this. 

After all the shenanigans the last two games plus with Sam Bennett concussing Marchand with a punch to the head, and only Canuck players get punished?  Fuck that. Payback is all that matters now. We can still win this in 6 games. 

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, -dlc- said:

That's what you got out of this game?

Truly sad.

And it's "Petey".

Some can’t get through their day without having someone or something to bash on. The world is a better place when we can celebrate the victories. Just going enjoy this wild ride.

I am so happy for our team and the great fans. It’s our time to shine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

So Mcdavid can slash Hughes in the face and no call. No suspension. No fine.  

Ryan can swear Hoglander in the groin. No suspension, no fine.

But Zadorov cross checks after mcdavid slashes. FINE

Soucy goes for a push into mcdavids chest and mcdavids head moves down, and now suspension?

Fuck this joke of a league.

13 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

- Kane slew foot on Hughes

- Hoglander getting speared in the jewels

- Nurse almost taking Petey’s head off

- McDavid intentional high stick on Hughes

NONE OF THESE EVEN GOT A CALL ON THE ICE LET ALONE A REVIEW BY THE NHL.

this is absolutely ridiculous. What a bush league. 

You two nailed it. Disappointing for sure. Soucy is one of our primary defenders going up against their big line. 

If I didn't know any better I'd say this is the NHL's way to give McDavid more opportunities out there.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

One thing to point out is that if Soucy is suspended, and Juulsen comes in, Cole will move back to the left side.  It will probably do wonders for his game, and now we have Juulsen back there throwing the big hits.  Net result is probably a wash in terms of defensive ability. 

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

EDIT:  Oh, and if Oilers hate playing against Z, this just means they're gonna see a lot more of him lmao.

Cole is much better on the left side. So Edmonton can suck balls. The Juulsen train is going to fuck them up. Juulsen needs to hit to hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Don’t care.

Change your ways. 

Already gave you a ‘last warning’. 

Happy to make you ‘the public example’ for everyone else of ‘what not to do’. 

Just give me a reason. Any reason. 

Maybe I missed a post or two but the one in question you took to threaten banning didn't seem bad to me.  Just my 2 cents.

Posted (edited)

I've been saying this for years ... 

If we're going to win anything at all, we can't be nice guys! We need to be tougher, meaner, and pushback like other teams do to us. It's as simple as that.

Other teams need to know...  if you f*** around you'll get burned.

We need more guys like Big Z and that attitude. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Note to Coiler fans:

Be careful what you wish for, Juulsen is a heavier hitter than Soucy. 

Also Craig Button needs to STFU. His rant about Department Player Safety needing to suspend Soucy cries so much of him being an Oiler fanboy.

Meanwhile no mention about this vicious head first boarding on Petey that was way worse:

image.thumb.jpeg.e03f801b3c6a41e9fdccdd9c0671b57f.jpeg

Edited by Grandmaster
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Posted (edited)

It's so refreshing and awesome that this version of the Canucks is the team that does the punishing. The league can fine Big Z, they can suspend Soucy for a game. One thing though - the Canucks are in the Oilers' heads. They threw 44 shots at Silovs and lost.

A 3rd string AHL goalie and the best player in the world couldn't record a point in this game. In their heads. Draisaitl crying about posts. In their heads. Coach can't trust Skinner against these Canucks. In their heads. 

Funny, where were all of McDavid's team mates when he was being mauled by the Orca pod? 😂 I think his own team mates hate him. 

Edited by Nucker67
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

It's a minor point, but Knoblauch whining in the press conference about the Perry non-goal (and it clearly wasn't a goal) is Oiler entitlement at its finest.  They just expect things to be given to them.  Time to shove it down their throat.

I thought much the same. When he said "...but we couldn't prove it", I was shaking my head a bit. There was an outside chance that the entire puck was across the line, while under Artie's glove, but the far more likely scenario was that a piece of it was still on the line.

Same with the goal post lamentations....it's almost as if he was looking for excuses for the loss, when the reality was, it was because of lousy D-Zone coverage and his goaltender's inability to pick up his defensemen. (and Foegele)

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

Saw him wide open for passes in the OZ several times but his line mates either didn't see him or couldn't get it to him. Maybe he's so sneaky even his team mates don't always know where he is

Yeah, Petey is playing stellar defense too, and getting better every game.

This constant 'where's Petey' crap is getting tiresome.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Note to Coiler fans:

Be careful what you wish for, Juulsen is a heavier hitter than Soucy. 

Also Craig Button needs to STFU. His rant about Department Player Safety needing to suspend Soucy cries so much of him being an Oiler fanboy.

Meanwhile no mention about this vicious head first boarding on Petey that was way worse:

image.thumb.jpeg.e03f801b3c6a41e9fdccdd9c0671b57f.jpeg

Button is Oiler's regular.  He is very much pro-Oiler fan boy.  Not a problem for CBC since that is their position anyway.

I do have one criticism for the Canucks though....

Can we please start thinking about taking away that pass to Dry Saddle in the corner? I don't GAF if Bouchard gets to walk into one from the point. At least Artie will be square to the shooter, instead of trying to slide cross crease....

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

If Bennet didn't get anything sucker punching Marchant, Soucy should not get anything. 

This league is a joke. 

Bennet should get a trophy for that..... maybe call it the Pronger trophy?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I do have one criticism for the Canucks though....

Can we please start thinking about taking away that pass to Dry Saddle in the corner? I don't GAF if Bouchard gets to walk into one from the point. At least Artie will be square to the shooter, instead of trying to slide cross crease....

I like what Canucks are doing, you can't go at Draisatel then it opens up Hyman. Just do whatever to block the cross crease pass because that's the killer.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Always remember ... nice guys finish last.

As evidenced by our past decade.

We're finally growing a pair with this management.

Get with the program!

Yip. The boys will get by a game without Soucy and they will think it was worth every penny of suspension. 

• Cheers 1